Author Topic: Formaster  (Read 6636 times)

Offline NTD

Re: Formaster
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 07:58:41 pm »
okay looking at Instinctive shooting.  Does book II recap the first or should I get both?
Nate Danforth

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 11:30:49 pm »
  Personally I don't like Fred Asbels explanation about shooting or style. I don't know what style I shoot except hunting style. I guess that's why I'm not a very good target shooter. When I'm hunting, I might shoot very quick, like instinct shooting or might have to hold and release depending if an animal saw me draw. Or hold for so long that I can't anymore and have to let down.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Kegan

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 11:54:17 pm »
Become the Arrow is a good one. Shooting the Stickbow, however, is perhaps the best book on shooting I've come across.

Once you find a style you like, then you can blank bale and help ingrain that into your mind before distracting yourself with targets.

Offline NTD

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 12:53:13 am »
The funny thing is that I must be a decent shot because I can go in the back yard and nail ground squirrels, rabbits and house sparrows all day long, but put me in front of a target and I SUCK!!  Thanks for the heads up on the stickbow book Kegan.
Nate Danforth

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 12:55:20 am »
I haven't read #2.  I've had my copy since 1988. Even G. Fred was surprised when I had him autograph it last year at the Hickory NC state shoot.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline NTD

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 12:56:53 am »
 ;D That's pretty good Pat!  Maybe I will pick up a few of the books read through them all and THEN pick a method.  Books aint cheap though.
Nate Danforth

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 01:47:10 am »
You will figure out which style works best for you. I'm sure I don't follow Fred's style just like the book says. I shoot the way I shoot. ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Kegan

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 02:23:53 pm »
The funny thing is that I must be a decent shot because I can go in the back yard and nail ground squirrels, rabbits and house sparrows all day long, but put me in front of a target and I SUCK!!  Thanks for the heads up on the stickbow book Kegan.

Small targets give you something small to shoot at. With larger targets it's a bit mor difficult to shoot at the "inside" time after time. That, and proof of not being so hot never helps confidence, which is necessary to shoot well!

Offline Traxx

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 05:42:30 pm »
The Formaster is a tool to learn preoper form,useing proper back tension.If proper back tention and allignment are not used,it gives you a sudden surpriseing jerk and tells you the shot was not proper.In conjunction with the proper form,it will create a clean release.Formasters have become a serious training tool for most serious Target archery coaches and it is becomming quite popular with hunting archers as well.The formaster will tell you the Brutally honest truth about your form,when used properly.

Offline Traxx

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 02:48:56 am »