Author Topic: Snowed In/Making Shavings/Hickory Backed Birdseye Wampanoag Bow/Finally Done  (Read 42187 times)

Offline brownhillboy

Re: Snowed In/Making Shavings/Hickory Backed Birdseye Wampanoag Bow/Finally Done
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2010, 11:44:24 pm »
Really cool bow Mike!!  I've never made one of those paddle bows, but looking at your's makes me want to.  Love the bird's eye maple and the art work, looks great!
south central VA

Offline WOODSLORE

Re: Snowed In/Making Shavings/Hickory Backed Birdseye Wampanoag Bow/Finally Done
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2010, 03:03:27 pm »
That is one purty bow! ;D
Paleo arts are a long sent gift from our ancestors.

If primitive meant dumb......none of us would have been born!

Offline John K

« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2010, 07:11:37 pm »
Very nice Mike ! It turned out GREAT !!
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2010, 09:44:31 pm »
                      Thanks Guys...I appreciate all the kind Words...almost as much as Shooting this Bad Boy......... :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline S.C. hunter

• does a possum have enough brains to tan his hide ?
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2010, 10:17:11 pm »
I'm no expert yet, but to me that is a beautiful bow !!!  Hope to make something that great one day myself.  Where do you get the maple? That has to be some of the prettiest wood there is.  Keep showing, its an inspiration to us beginners.

steve