Main Discussion Area > HowTo's and Build-a-longs

layout dimensions for Mollegabet bows

(1/4) > >>

half eye:
     Here is how I lay out mollegabet type bows....they are the same with this exception: if you want to go shorter than 60" overall length then you have to change the fades (D & E) to 1.5 inch not two....AND you should push the working limb length toward the tip by 1 inch.....otherwise "same, same".
     Any questions or help please let me know.....the pics are because I find it easier to "see it done" than to "hear it done". The second pic refers to a "standard Mollegabet bend...that means a lot of pressure at the grip fades....more even bend is just what it says....can add two more pics to illustrate if you want that too.
half eye ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tractor:
Half-eye,

Does the width of the working limb stay constant and is there a specific width?  Also, on the static limb, it looks like the width tapers to the end but the thickness remains constant.  Am I seeing that right?

Thank You,

Mike

half eye:
Tractor....sorry I missed your question..... Yes, the working limb is conatant width...I have made these bows with limbs as narrow as 1.5" (to about 40#) for kids bows. 1.75" wide for bows to the mid 50#'s, and 2" wide for all of the above up to 80#. They look real nice (proportionally speaking from 1.5 and up).

The static limb width narrows from 3/4" at the fade to 1/2" at the tip (rough-cut) and the thickness tapers from limb thickness + 1/4" min. at the fade down to 1/2 inch at the tip....the thickest part of the static end, is at the working limb to static limb fade ....then fades away slowly to the tip.

hope that is what you wanted to know....I should have posted that in the beginning, so thanks for the question.
half eye ;)

okiecountryboy:
HALF EYE
I DO MOUNTAIN MAN AND NATIVE AMERICAN RECREATIONS. I AM A SURVIVALIST, TO SAY THE LEAST. >:D >:D I POSTED UNDER THE BOW SECTION, PENOBSCOT BOW. I WAS LUCKY TO HAVE A GRANDFATHER THAT WAS NATIVE AMERICAN. HE TAUGHT ME A LOT!! BUT HE DIED WHEN I WAS YOUNG. I HAVE BUILT EMERGENCY SURVIVAL BOWS, BUT WANT TO BUILD A PENOBSCOT BOW....MY FIRST BOW.. I CAN TRAP, TRACK, HECK I CAN TAN MY OWN HIDES(PREFER BRAIN AND SMOKING METHODS). I WANT TO BE PRECISE IN MEASUREMENTS, ETC... I COULD PROBABLY WORK THROUGH IT, BUT WOULD LIKE HELP.
CAN YOU LEAD ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION?

PLEASE HELP!!!
THANKS

radius:
aren't these holmegaard bows?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version