Author Topic: FEB/March Issue  (Read 8393 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

FEB/March Issue
« on: January 30, 2010, 03:04:11 pm »
Thanks for a great issue!!!!   My heart goes out to the Vets, God Bless Them.   Mike Huston is my kola and I can tell you the effort he made hunting those big bulls can only be imagined as steep and deep canyons to climb, cold nights, long hours of tracking and calling can test the limits of any man.  Exileration and heartbreak, cold and sweat, hunger and fatigue, are the haunts of his deep timber hunts!  I have had the privilege of hunt with Hawk in his special area so am familiar with the effort required to make the hunts that he did.  The area has been the hunting country of different Indian tribes for thousands of years with rich jasper filled chipping grounds and spirits everwhere.  As hunters we here on PA are grateful for the magazine and forum as it gives us kindredship.  Thank you again.  Joe York
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline DanaM

Re: FEB/March Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 08:26:04 pm »
Joe, Mikes articles were great and its obvious from reading them that Mike has a deep respect and reverence for the hunt :)
He lives a life that most of us can only dream of.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

radius

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 07:27:32 am »
sorry if this is a dumb question, but ... what's a kola?   

thanks

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 09:13:17 pm »
It means best friend.  Mike has lots of kolas as his personality lets you know right away that he would be one to ride the river with! 
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 02:24:40 pm »
 Pilimiyah ! Wolf Watcher.. and thanks for the kind words concerning the article... I can only say that it was a pleasure to stalk those same bulls this last year with you.. I will always remember that old bull standing above you while you crouched in the sage.. with no license.. maybe  we will get the chance again this season.. Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 09:13:29 pm »
sounds like some good memories were made my friends  :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI