Author Topic: pandering to my addiction  (Read 6051 times)

Offline nathan elliot

pandering to my addiction
« on: February 13, 2010, 05:45:22 am »
So this Christmas my wife says to me, "Why don't you buy any archery magazines? Is there no such magazine I can buy you a subscription for, as a present?" Man she's good! Moments like that remind me why I married her.

My first copy arrived a few days back. Since then it has been a constant companion in my back pack. Coffee breaks at work, waiting in the carwash line, those few brief moments before sleep. At least it gives my dog eared copies of the bowyers bible a rest! And to think there is a team of people with my kind of addiction beavering away to come up with new stuff for the next issue is reassuring to say the least. Lets face it as good as the bowyers bible's are they don't grow new pages or sprout new pictures.

Having worked in publishing for the last 20 years I can say the magazine is very well produced. Content is just what a primitive archer wants to read. Refreshingly lacking the pretensions of more mass market productions. I for one, will be awaiting the next issue avidly!

A big thanks to all who obviously work so passionately to produce a quality publication.

Nat

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: pandering to my addiction
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 11:29:13 am »
Welcome aboard, Nat.   The crew at the magazine does a great job with Primitive Archer. We can thank them for giving us this site also.   Quite a few regular authors are also regular website members so you will enjoy being around our campfire, sharing info.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC