Author Topic: Anything else  (Read 35079 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Anything else
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 11:29:56 pm »
Look on the bright side, we might get some bows built while we are not playing days of our lives. I know I am looking forward to reading about bows and working on bows for a change.  ;D
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 12:47:21 am »
well does anyone know when it'll be back up? i need to post adb's finished western diamondback pen before bedtime. us kids need our beauty sleep :'(

and if i don't get my sleep i get cranky.... >:D

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 02:00:35 am »
...just put it under 'primitive skills'  One of the Mods will move it if necessary when it comes back up.  That's what I would do...    :) :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 02:13:26 am »
 That's what I would do too. Or PM the person you are trading and Showcasing your trade goods or Email. This kind of stuff should have been done on The Trade Blanket.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 03:04:51 am »
What happened? guess I am out of the loop.  Hope you guys get  it overhauled quickly, I like reading the posts in that section.

Tell
Tell Riley

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 09:09:42 am »
If folks would just stay on topic and like others have said if you don't agree ,just agree to disagree
it would be fine,but some[a few] just can't seem to do that.I have oppions like everyone else
but usually keep them to myself,I know I ant going to change anyones mind.That is exactly why I don't allow Politic and religion around my camp fire.You find thing you really don't want to know
about folks and you sure ant going to change there minds.Live and let live,if you don't agree
just ignore it and move on.That's what I do or delete it. >:D ;) and please alto it is allowed
[for now] to have other topics,that is what Anything else was for try to keep it related to archery,
bows;arrows,tanning ,game taken as much as possible.It's hard for me to believe that most topics that get out of hand the person that started it don't know what is going to happen.  :) I can tell
from the opening comets where it is going to wind up. :) Stop you winning,Life is good but sometimes you have to work at it to make it so. I usually don't get involved in this much but that's my 2 cents worth. You know what they say you get what you pay for. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 10:36:40 am »
If folks would just stay on topic and like others have said if you don't agree ,just agree to disagree
it would be fine,but some[a few] just can't seem to do that.I have oppions like everyone else
but usually keep them to myself,I know I ant going to change anyones mind.That is exactly why I don't allow Politic and religion around my camp fire.You find thing you really don't want to know
about folks and you sure ant going to change there minds.Live and let live,if you don't agree
just ignore it and move on.That's what I do or delete it. >:D ;) and please alto it is allowed
[for now] to have other topics,that is what Anything else was for try to keep it related to archery,
bows;arrows,tanning ,game taken as much as possible.It's hard for me to believe that most topics that get out of hand the person that started it don't know what is going to happen.  :) I can tell
from the opening comets where it is going to wind up. :) Stop you winning,Life is good but sometimes you have to work at it to make it so. I usually don't get involved in this much but that's my 2 cents worth. You know what they say you get what you pay for. ;) ;D
   Pappy

More than that there's a few who like to "flirt" with the rules and post unacceptable comments, you guys know who you are.  They are the ones who are primarily responsible for the need for change

We've been letting some people get away with far too much and that is going to change.  If you guys want to remain as members then you better shape up or you are going to get shipped out
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Parnell

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 11:17:54 am »
I'm glad to see the harder line, I think things have already recently improved to an extent.  There are a million places to stir the pot on the internet, don't know why it needs to be done here.
1’—>1’

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 12:20:51 pm »
Seems like lately every thread there no matter how it starts winds up being hijacked into political territory by halfway down the first page.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Jesse

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 12:52:16 pm »
I'm sure I played my part in this and I apologize :) Hard for me to keep my opinions to myself sometimes as well but Pappy's right. Sometimes its best if we just just keep it to ourselves.
I like the anything else section because its a good place to interact with the other members on different topics. Kinda like a campfire section where we can discuss random topics within our community. I learn more about the people on the board in this section than any other. Most people I've met on P.A. are great. Only about 2 that have bugged me a bit but I can still tolerate them just fine ;D
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline stickbender

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 12:55:13 pm »
     Dang, Eddie!.....You mean the Government is conspiring to import gay butterflies ?  :o Does that mean our national honey production is threatened?  I'm going to go out and stock up now before the shelves are empty! :o Hey, was that a piece of sky that just fell? ::)

Wayne

Offline aero86

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 03:54:58 pm »
guess if we gotta stock up on ammo, i might as well order that 500 of bamboo and a couple hundred more turkey feathers..
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline cracker

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 04:12:59 pm »
I already got a whole lotta 22lr that will do it.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 05:18:01 pm »
                                                                                    :-X
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 06:19:21 pm »
                                                                                    :-X
:-X :-X
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI