Author Topic: Anything else  (Read 35381 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Anything else
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2010, 03:36:46 pm »
wow you guys got issues. i remember when dana and i were running things this stuff never happened.  >:D
It must have been bad, that is why you couldn't hack it any more and ran away screaming like a little girl.  ;D
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Jesse

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2010, 04:54:13 pm »
I'm  just being honest here. I have a hard time understanding where the line is drawn. I see its mentioned about religious discussion. Say someone is talking about a bow or item being "good medicine" is that considered religion? Or is is it references to "mother nature"  These are both highly religious I agree but hardly offensive. Im just not sure what you are referring to. Is it mentioning God or prayer? These are pretty much the same comparison but also hardly offensive.  So if we cant mention religious things then we need to define religion itself to make it clear.   In my opinion your Religion is simply what you believe in. If you dont believe in religion then thats your religion. If you believe in whatever theory it may be then that is your religion. This guideline makes it pretty hard to avoid discussions that contain religious beliefs. I think the rules should simply state   DONT ARGUE  ;D   
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2010, 05:23:34 pm »
I'm  just being honest here. I have a hard time understanding where the line is drawn. I see its mentioned about religious discussion. Say someone is talking about a bow or item being "good medicine" is that considered religion? Or is is it references to "mother nature"  These are both highly religious I agree but hardly offensive. Im just not sure what you are referring to. Is it mentioning God or prayer? These are pretty much the same comparison but also hardly offensive.  So if we cant mention religious things then we need to define religion itself to make it clear.   In my opinion your Religion is simply what you believe in. If you dont believe in religion then thats your religion. If you believe in whatever theory it may be then that is your religion. This guideline makes it pretty hard to avoid discussions that contain religious beliefs. I think the rules should simply state   DONT ARGUE  ;D   
Jesse, we recognize a difference in spiritual and religious. A good example is prayer requests are spiritual because you can choose to prey to whatever God, Being, Power, Creator, or whatever you choose.  Good Medicine is often thought of as a Pagan idea. But when someone says Good Medicine, you could interpret that as good karma, atmosphere, aura, fate, feeling, kismet, power, vibrations. DON'T ARGUE can be interpreted differently. Some people call it debate while others call it just plain rude. The truth of the matter is that some topics will always end in fights, so they are better left out. We are thinking long and hard on how to address this issue to allow for comunity discussion while keeping the peace.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Jesse

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2010, 05:29:36 pm »
10/4     Good luck :)
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2010, 06:36:04 pm »
10/4     Good luck :)
We will need it.  ;)

SW Utah

Grunt

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2010, 07:24:37 pm »
I think that there is no single solution to this deal. Objective stuff is slippery and hard to get ahold of.  I think that the moderators are going to have to do occasional maintenance just like what's happening now.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2010, 08:36:22 pm »
 One of the easiest solutions, is to come on here and respect each other. It seems lately, the ones that are confrontational, argumentative, or just plain rude have not made many post on this site. And there seems to be a few that have not contributed Archery related post unless it's attacking somebody that actually builds bows or arrows. Or is a Philosophy Major , or on the Debate Team and just wants to nitpick and has probally never made a bow, arrow or anything archery related,
  That means for Mod's it's not hard to spot the same people over and over, each time the thread starts down that same ol' path. I know when I go on to check on things and I'm sure the other Mod's do too, I search for certain names just to see what they are stirring up now.

If you guys would treat this site like you were at a hunting lodge sitting around the fire with 10 people you didn't know then it wouldn't be a problem. Unless your Momma didn't raise you to respect and be tolerant of other peoples' belief and feelings.

To intentionally bait and try to piss somebody off just for your self gratification is juvenile and just plain Rude.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2010, 09:04:05 pm »
i wanna get on eddies list and im gonna try real hard.  >:D

justin,i didnt run screaming like a girl . i crawled away like a beaten dog.  ;D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2010, 09:05:41 pm »
 Jamie, I get real bored sitting in a Motel. >:D ;D ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline youngbowyer33

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2010, 09:30:24 pm »
maybe you guys should stop commenting on this thread... not trying to be rude but you guys are talking about threads getting jacked(although this is not about religion or politics), so maybe you should just leave it at this... but i also believe that alot of people always want to get the last word in; i think it makes them feel like they have the upper hand at whatever... JMO
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2010, 09:34:42 pm »
Jamie, I get real bored sitting in a Motel. >:D ;D ;)

So play with the Toys that Your Mama gave you............. :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2010, 09:46:40 pm »
 ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Keenan

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2010, 11:27:03 am »
Looks like we are getting close to some final decisions on how to help this category. Hang in there everyone. it's almost sorted out and I think we are all going to be pleased with the changes. ;)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2010, 02:30:06 pm »
Holy cow, I never whent to that forum but surely it looks like someone was going nuts,.....now I wish I did brouse and read some of them threads  ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2010, 12:14:39 am »
Just had a great idea, a section just for politics and religion, the moderators can ignore it, and dana can be in charge!!! =)

This could be the making of a "reality show" ;D.  Dana can only moderate after a few adult beverages.
Traverse City, MI