Author Topic: Snowing again!  (Read 28209 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Snowing again!
« on: February 04, 2010, 06:53:00 pm »
Well, it's snowing again. This is round 3 for us, quite uncommon for the Southern Appalachian Mountains. It started about 3:30 and is expected to continue until 6am on Saturday. They aren't sure if it will be just snow, snow and sleet or snow, sleet and ice. At first they were saying a major ice storm but I believe we dodged that bullet.  ???
  All in all, I still love the snow. That is one reason we moved here from Coastal SC.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Snowing again!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 08:38:24 pm »
 There you go, Home Sweet Home. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 10:09:02 pm »
I used to like the snow before I had a job that involved driving my personal vehicle 45 miles through the stuff dodging people who shouldn't be out there so I can get to work and plow snow. :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Lombard

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 10:21:04 pm »
Pat, I am on the road in SC currently, and it has been cold and wet this afternoon. We lived in NC for years, (Raleigh) and Ice turns that place into a nightmare.

Grunt

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 10:41:41 pm »
Used to snow like this in the 1990's. I hate to say it but we got our biggest snows in March. Had one that was 34". The sap is already running in our trees and I'm ready to see some crocuses bloom.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 12:04:59 am »
Pat...we got almost another Foot last night too...It was so wet that it was breaking Tree Branches in the Neighborhood...and also took down my Netted Pond Cover it got so Heavy...Can't whine though...this is the first Moisture that We had to speak of in a Year!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline boo

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 12:15:14 am »
The snow just started up here Pat. Supposed to turn to ice sometime >:( oh well, I have 6 chapters of pharmacology to learn this weekend anyway.
Boo

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 01:46:43 am »
We've had about 2" of snow and sleet but they are calling for a major ICE storm later tonight, tomorrow and into Saturday. Up to 3" of precipitation(ice and rain). Could be the big one!  :o  Charlie(stringstretcher) over in VA may have a record breaker snow storm tomorrow with 18" to 24"+ of the white stuff.
  Might be more coming next Tuesday also. ::) Can't do much about it so everyone hang on tight!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 07:20:16 am »
No snow up here in da UP ??? Haven't had any appreciable accumulation in a month ???
My snowblower is starting to miss me :D Hope ya don't get ice as that sounds bad
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 08:12:49 am »
We missed it,just rain here.A little chance tonight but I think it is to warm. :)
      Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Grunt

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 09:34:55 am »
I keep shooting holes in the snow but I can't seem to slow it down much less kill it!!!

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 10:03:09 am »
We are covered in snow! It has been putting it down all night. We have at least 4" and its still snowing big wet flakes.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 10:14:10 am »
Ours is rain now with temps between 32 and 33.  About 1" of rain since midnight. A little accumulation in trees, lights have flickered a few times but I don't think the worst is over yet. Should rain until tomorrow. I guess we'll see.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 11:51:52 am »
Ours is rain now also. Just took a little drive and roads suck. Looks like alot of trees are sagging, some are already on the powerlines. Looks like we will probably loose power before it is all over.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Grunt

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 12:52:19 pm »
We got 8" of wet stuff and now it's freezing rain. Supposed to get another 4" tonight when it changes to snow again. DOT hasn't plowed our road yet. I've spent a good hour shoveling paths to the wood pile, bird feeders, Lucy's studio, my studio and my target.  The ridge behind my studio is 3600 ft and that's got a whole lot to do with what we get.