Author Topic: Snowing again!  (Read 28190 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: Snowing again!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 07:28:42 pm »
All you southeners need to move up here to da UP, 32 degrees, calm wind and blue skies ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Postman

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 08:53:55 pm »
I love the snow, but this is CRAZY - just plowed 10 inches or so out of the driveway with the 4-wheeler, but more's a-comin' - I'm in that 24+  band of western VA.. Gonna eat, warm up and hit it again ;D
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 09:04:48 pm »
The main storm has passed us with the chance of a few showers...but more to come later this week.
 We dodged the bullet here.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 10:51:36 am »
Supposed to be 1-3 more inches today and tonight on my side of the mountain. Whoohoo. :) Seems like these storms move away, except one chunk of the storm always gets broken off and trapped in the mountains and sits right over my house for about three days after everbody els has had sunshine and nice weather.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 11:29:34 am »
Steve, I heard on the news this morning of a land slide off of 19 in Maggie Valley, something Cove Rd. Anywhere near you?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 12:44:45 pm »
Started yesterday afternoon here just north of Baltimore, looks like we've got about 20" so far and still going strong. Shoveling out is not going to be fun tomorrow.
A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 01:04:15 pm »
It's 42 here now and dripping. Cloudy with blue showing through.  Hang in there guys. Better things coming your way! ;)

Offline cracker

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 03:17:28 pm »
Just a bunch of rain down here in Ga. I think I'll break out my mud truck when I get home.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Grunt

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 07:26:12 pm »
Everything has a very light coat of ice up here. About 10" of wet stuff on the ground. It's nice to look at but I'm getting a jones for spring. Got to go and shovel what the snowplow put across our drive ways. Birds are nailing our feeders. More on the way Tuesday.

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 07:40:39 pm »
Finally stopped after 23" worth.

A little bit south of here at BWI airport they had 26.5" at 12:30, probably ended closer to 30".

I haven't heard an official measurement yet but if this wasn't the biggest snowfall in MD history, it was the second biggest.
A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 11:38:38 pm »
We are fixing to get Hit again here tomorrow...starting with Rain...turning to Ice then Snow...with 40mph winds...and an expected accumulations of up to a foot ....again..... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Grunt

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2010, 09:46:16 am »
My target.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 12:54:58 pm »
                                 Drizzling now...and 30 degrees....going to get messy ....if tit don't turn to Snow here fast!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 01:07:51 pm »
Another beautiful day here in da UP cold nights and warm days I'm willing to bet the sap is running ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 01:10:40 pm »
Ya better hope that it isn't...because if it is...you may end up like We did three Years ago...Sap started running...got a Late Hard Freeze....lost hundreds of Trees...including Maples....due to Sap Freeze...the Branches literally split in two on the Trees....
2024...We Will Overcome