Author Topic: Big pig with little bow.  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Nashoba

Big pig with little bow.
« on: February 04, 2010, 08:48:53 pm »
Ther's a rather large boar that likes to run through my back yard every now and then and recently it attacked my dog and left her with a pretty good gash on her shoulder.
I think the pig weighs around three hundred pounds or so and I have a recurve bow pulling at fifty five pounds and my arrow heads are 100 grain three blades.
will this be enough with good shot placement?
to answer mullet, they'r G5 montecs. I used to have B52 two blade heads but they are all sitting somewhere in the forests of north mississippi.
I have some glass arrowheads that I've made' they weigh about 140grns. and are suprisingly sharp. think I should risk it with those ?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 04:47:53 pm by Nashoba »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Big pig with little bow.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 09:11:11 pm »
 Put you  a little corn on the ground so she stops and then get rid if those three blade arrowheads unless they are scarey, sharp, Wendsel Woodsmans. I, personnaly would use a heavier point, at least 125 grain or heavier. It sounds like your 100grs are something like Satallites with razor blade inserts.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

radius

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 05:17:42 am »
also works to  bury the bait just a little bit below some dirt...the pigs can snuff it out easily and stopping to dig makes them an even better target.

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 10:40:39 am »
shoot em... stone em... sling em.... spear em....
wish I had some bacon running through my back yard.
sorry to hear about your pooch tho.

get em. just make sure of your shot placement. or shoot more than once... or do it early so you can trail.
but eddie is right. I think I would get a bit heavier on the tip and go for a 2 blade... or stone.
luck
N2
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline PeteC

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 01:12:39 pm »
Nashoba,if your drawing your bow far enough to get the 55 lbs,then that is plenty.Like others said,shoot a heavy arrow with a razor edge,and hit him in the vitals.You can punch through the shield broadside,but a slightly quartering shot would be better. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas