Author Topic: new member  (Read 7545 times)

Offline Boots

« on: February 07, 2010, 01:05:20 pm »
  New member and new to bow making. in the middle of my first pyramid shape, board bow. I live in central Texas,  wondering where to get good staves. and if there are any members in the austin area?
SPITTIN AND WIDDLIN !!!!

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 01:25:50 pm »
Welcome aboard Doohickiee.....I live in the Panhandle...so as for Staves...I buy most of Mine except for Maple...Elm...and Mesquite...I buy Hickory...Black Walnut..and good Osage from eBay mostly...but there are a lot of great People here to Swap with for great Wood...also there are quite a Few People in You Neck of the Woods too...and there are great trees there to cut as well ...just start looking as you drive the County Roads...thats where I get my Local Wood...find some...stop and ask about it...can't hurt....JMO
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Boots

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 01:49:57 pm »
thanks for the info. could you suggest types of wood in my area?
SPITTIN AND WIDDLIN !!!!

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 02:01:22 pm »
thanks for the info. could you suggest types of wood in my area?

Winged Elm....Cedar Elm...Ash.....Locust....Hickberry....Southern Bayberry.... Beech....Hickory....Buckthorn...Chinaberry....
The list is Long for you down there in Central to East texas....try this Site to let You know what to look for.....

http://texastreeid.tamu.edu/content/listOfTrees/
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Boots

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 04:42:16 pm »
your info is greatly appreciated  !!  looks like I have found my spot. you guys have helped alot..
SPITTIN AND WIDDLIN !!!!