Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4652985 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #1005 on: February 19, 2008, 10:01:21 pm »
Well, I got the idea about the porch. But the Buick line kinda went over my head! What the heck are ya all putten in those drinks!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1006 on: February 20, 2008, 06:45:22 am »
Tiller a nice way to say puke.ya know Buickkkkkkk. ;D ;D Man I don't know about you ,Good thing you are staying a week it is going to take a while to get you up to speed. ;) ;D ;D
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1007 on: February 20, 2008, 09:09:46 am »
I kinda remember that night about four years ago, and that's the last year I made wine for some reason???  ;D  I've decided to spend the rest of my life being the designated...whatever the situation calls for involving the rest of you guys. I'll just sit back and watch the show. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #1008 on: February 20, 2008, 07:07:10 pm »
Ahhh! Pappy, Greg! I think I will stay away from Gregs wine. But I do like a good beer!  ;D  Yep, I guess I just been haning out with the ladies to long.  Need some good ol' fashioned corruptin!  >:D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1009 on: February 20, 2008, 07:36:28 pm »
That shouldn't be a problem David. >:D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1010 on: February 21, 2008, 12:04:02 am »
   Hey David, Buick's a Southern thing. ;D ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1011 on: February 21, 2008, 02:05:06 am »
David, We will have all the corruption Pappy will allow! ;D >:D  Some real Southern Hospitality.  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #1012 on: February 21, 2008, 04:38:24 am »
Sounds good to me!   ;D

Dustybaer

« Reply #1013 on: February 21, 2008, 06:05:14 am »
dtiller, you'll like it.  trust me.  i had the privilege to enjoy that "southern hospitality" last year.... and i loved it (only down side was the lack of PBR  ;D )

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1014 on: February 21, 2008, 07:33:15 am »
Ya we all have a good time,little sleep and lot of bow stuff.But that is kind of the way it is most of the time down here.So much fun ,sometimes I can hardly stand it. ;) ;D ;D I'll have to tell you the
Dustybare and miss Joanie and the consession stand story when you get here,We talk about it still from time to time. :)
Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Dustybaer

« Reply #1015 on: February 21, 2008, 07:42:42 am »
pappy, i'm still sorry about that.  blame it on the dumb german who had no clue you could have an archery event without selling beer  ???

by the way, this is my son eric (17) having a beer with dad at an archery event last summer.  that is so common (and legal) in germany i couldn't imagine it would be different anywhere else.

please extend my apologies (again) to Ms. Joanie.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1016 on: February 21, 2008, 09:04:12 am »
had no clue you could have an archery event without selling beer 

by the way, this is my son eric (17) having a beer with dad at an archery event last summer.  that is so common (and legal) in germany i couldn't imagine it would be different anywhere else.

I went on a business trip to europe a couple of years ago and was at a pizzaria in Verona, Italy one evening. At the adjoining table set a mother with two children I would guess between ages 6-8 years old...all three were drinking red wine with their pizza. So was I by the way! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Dustybaer

« Reply #1017 on: February 21, 2008, 09:15:35 am »
that's a little extreme.  drinking age (in germany) for beer and wine is 16, for hard stuff 18.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1018 on: February 21, 2008, 11:05:34 am »
 When my son was working with me in Texas the drinking age was 21 and he was 18. I figured if a man was in the Army Reserve and working all day on a drill rig he should be able to drink a few. Then we found out Texas has a great law,As long as the parent buys it he can drink it at the bar like anybody else.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline TRACY

« Reply #1019 on: February 21, 2008, 11:29:01 am »
I don't know Mullet, we use that saying on this side of the Mason-Dixon also. Kinda made my stomach rumble at the though of it :o
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956