Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693232 times)

Offline Outbackbob48

Re: Life is good
« Reply #10320 on: January 26, 2014, 12:52:15 pm »
X2 on the security, Looks like a good time. Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10321 on: January 27, 2014, 06:17:09 am »
Thanks Will,sorry I couldn't make it.I know yall done good. Had water lines froze in the cabin so I was under it all morning ,getting to old for that,still sore today. ;)
We did manage to get the sheds cleaned out and a plan together on what we want to do with them and some bow work done also.Found a few things that I had been wondering where it went. At least for now you can walk in them and see what is in them. Jon chasing another ring,I think he is really getting the hang of it now.GregB and Dan discussing plans on the newly cleaned out shed beside the bow shop. Found some of Jesse's stuff packed away,problem is the mice found it also. Cleaned what I could and took it inside.[reconize any of this Jesse.] ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10322 on: January 27, 2014, 06:25:22 am »
More of Jesse's stuff,me warming by the fire Friday night,nice fire. ;) :) Jon's Osage to a ring and ready to lay a bow out. My Yew Reflex/deflex almost ready to brace,then flip the tips a bit. The shed where you can actually walk in it. ;) :)
This shed was moved down to the club 20 years ago,it came off my families home place and was and old corn crib that my Great Grand Father used so I want to preserve it the best I can. It is at least 125 years old. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:57:18 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10323 on: January 27, 2014, 06:50:17 am »
More of the shed,we plan on making a knife making shop out of it. Nocks cut and ready for a little clean up on Doug's Grand son's bow.Joesph working on his Hickory bow,he will be leaving this week for a couple of months[headed to ranger school] Good luck with that,we are proud of you. :) Will helping Allen lay out his Osage bow. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10324 on: January 27, 2014, 06:55:32 am »
Got the Elk hides Joe brought me laid out to air,need to get on tanning them soon. :) Nice job skinning these Joe and thanks. :) Getting some kids bows ready for the Church event. Joesph shooting his Hickory bow,turned into a really nice shooter and his first. :) Me cutting out Allens new Osage. Dan getting his to floor tiller and ready for some form work. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10325 on: January 27, 2014, 07:02:47 am »
Dan still at it,Sally has had a long day,kicked back and resting. ;) :) :) Me cutting out Jon's bow,Don't know why they all want me to do the cutting,maybe because I raise so much H#() for them bending and breaking blades. ;) :) :) :-\ Jon getting his ready for the form,as you can see it needs a little tweaking. ;) :) The other shed where you can walk in it now. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10326 on: January 27, 2014, 07:09:53 am »
Mom's old freezer full of brains on the right and hides on the left,wonder what she would think about that,I am sure she wouldn't mind. :) :) More cutting,Jon don't like to file and scrape when I can trim it on the saw. ;) :) Me doing a little scrapping on my Yew bow. Dan's bow on and off the form,looking very good,added some reflex and also took out all the propeller.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10327 on: January 27, 2014, 07:17:20 am »
Then I get home to this, wonder where they were during the season,think they want me to open the pool so they can take a swim.  ;) Hope yall had a good one,we got a lot done,more to do but a very good start. ;) :) Life is Good. :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #10328 on: January 27, 2014, 02:55:11 pm »
Fun times for sure. 

Looking forward to seeing a few friends in March, then even more friends in May!
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10329 on: January 27, 2014, 03:22:26 pm »
Me, too. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10330 on: January 28, 2014, 05:52:47 am »
Ya Eddie it will be good to see ya again,missed you this fall,glad you are home and safe. Little chilly here the next couple of day but then the out look is good for the weekend,hope to get a little more cleaning and get to work on some Hickory staves for the Classic.  ;) :) I still have 2 bows in the works but they may have to be put on the back burner for a few weeks till we get our staves in shape.  :) No matter I got plenty of bows to shoot. ;) ;D ;D ;D
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #10331 on: January 28, 2014, 10:24:43 am »
Pappy:  I feel like a traitor going to Africa instead of the farm this spring.  Not often a fellow gets a free 12 day hunt. Free doesn't mean free flights.  Hope to bring home a quiver made from the southern Namibia "Quiver Tree"!   Also think giving you a couple of elk hides is like sentencing you to several days of hard labor! Tell Miss Joanie hello for us.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10332 on: January 29, 2014, 04:43:11 am »
Don't blame you Joe,heck I would do the same thing and the Classis is my baby. ;) :) :) Yes the Elk hides are a little more trouble than deer but what you get is worth it  [after it's done] ;) :) Got to work on my racks,the last one just fit and one of these is larger so I have to build a new rack or string it up between some
posts,maybe the previllion's post  :-\ You have a good trip. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #10333 on: January 31, 2014, 05:09:26 am »
I'm so looking forward to today and spending time in the workshop.  I really miss the smell of the fire, sound of laughter and Osage being worked.  I guess I live for my Fridays at Twin Oaks.  Rain, snow, sunshine makes no never mind to me, just happy to be there.  It's where the beer is cold, the tales are tall, and bows are sometimes built.  Life's Good I tell ya.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10334 on: January 31, 2014, 05:58:31 am »
See ya this evening Jon, you may not like it so much after today,it's Hickory time
to get ready for the Classic. ;) ;D ;D ;D This is the time of year our projects have to  go on hold, ??? ??? hard to do for some of us but it has to be done. :) Friday and what a sucky week I have had so far,bitter cold/long hours/trucks that won't start and a couple of trailers wrecked/work computer on the blink, O well it's Friday and I am headed to the cabin where all of that is forgotten for at least a couple days. Its my stress control.I have a few things that I will try and work in but the main thing for the next few weeks is Hickory stave's/arrows/and plaques for awards and general clean up. We have a soot in 3 weeks and then right around the corner the Classic so our Spring is full. It's all good and don't seem much like work to me. ;) :) Hope yall have a good and relaxing weekend,I feel pretty sure I will. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good