Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708052 times)

Offline Gsulfridge

Re: Life is good
« Reply #10395 on: February 13, 2014, 12:50:28 pm »
8" in East Tennessee, boys are loving it.  The snow sleds finally came out of storage!!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10396 on: February 13, 2014, 01:40:05 pm »
We got 7" of snow here yesterday and last night...most last night. They were calling for 8" to 12" so I feel cheated.  >:(  The temp is 39 deg now and higher in the next few days so it should be gone by the weekend. Our Daughter was supposed to come from Houston on Friday for the weekend but all flights from Houston to Charlotte have been canceled for the next few days.  :(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JEB

« Reply #10397 on: February 13, 2014, 03:21:19 pm »
Feb 8th was a day to remember, turned 65, but no celebration. Wife called me while out getting the snow blower fixed and said that her brother in law died of a heart attack.  Headed  home to pack for a 4 hour drive north to be with family.  While on the way up and second call came in, my wife's aunt died who lived in Detroit.  We continued on and a 3rd call came in, her 26 year old cousin died in a car crash.  All on Feb 8th.

Saddest part of the day was that my wife's brother in law was not a Christian and was almost to the point of being anti-Christian.

I guess on the lighter side, after the 3rd call I told Chris to quit answering the phone.  We both got a chuckle out of that and it was needed.

Please add my wife's family in your prayers.

Offline seabass

« Reply #10398 on: February 13, 2014, 04:10:29 pm »
sorry to hear all that Jeb.i'll be praying for you.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #10399 on: February 13, 2014, 05:17:39 pm »
I plan on being at the Spring Fling, I have my camper at the shop for some minor repairs, should be ready by next week. If the weather is really poor I will sit this one out at home.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #10400 on: February 14, 2014, 05:41:06 am »
Thoughts and Prayers Jeb. Had our first day over 32 deg. in like almost a Month !
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10401 on: February 14, 2014, 06:46:33 am »
Sorry to here that JEB,thoughts and prayers headed yall way. Miss Joanie always says it come in 3s. Eric hope you make It,I plan on rolling in Friday morning early.
Leaving the cabin about 4am so should be there by 7 or so. They are calling for some snow this evening but then a big warm up next week. We have a lot of work to do the the drive to the club so I hope it will dry a bit so we can get that behind us. Friday and I guess yall know where I headed,Miss Joanie and I decided to celebrate Valentine's day on Sunday so I am free for Friday and Saturday. ;) :)
What a wife. ;) :) :) Got another Hickory stave ready yesterday so that's 3 with 38 to go.  ;D I plan on getting a few more of them done this weekend and also try and work in time to tiller my Yew bow, love to get it shooting. ???  Sometimes I get distracted and forget about my personal projects,always time for them when everything that needs to be done for the Club/Classic is done. :) Got new belts/bandsaw blades and supplies for the shop in Yesterday and got the saws and sanders back up in shape so we should be good to go. Got 10 new blades for the big saw,that should be enough to get us through the Classic. :-\ ;) :) :) Man we can go through some blades at that event.  :) Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10402 on: February 17, 2014, 06:35:24 am »
It was a great weekend, got absolutely nothing done for myself  ??? but got a lot done just the same. Jon and GregB jumped in and got some more of the Hickory  staves ready for lay out,we got the water line found beside the drive we plan on making wider, dug up and caped on both ends and ready for the dozier and Cut some more wood . ;) :) Never have to much fire wood. :) We had a good turn out for the meeting Saturday and all our kids showed up to work on bows/hang out and shoot. Here are some pictures of the fun. :) :) Scrap Hickory from trimming staves,wast not want not I always say. ;) :) Sally still chewing. :) A set of new arrows Dan made for me,very nice work. Thanks Dan. :) Jon working on our Hickory taking the cambium layer off,don't know why it stuck but it left a thick layer on all these staves that has to be scrapped off. :) :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:23:17 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10403 on: February 17, 2014, 06:42:30 am »
Dan's getting his Osage ready to brace and first brace. Will's new project shot in and handle worked. :) Shot very nice. Hickory lay out, I learned a long time ago to do it by myself. ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10404 on: February 17, 2014, 06:51:59 am »
Allen got into the Hickory,he was a big help. :) Dan's Osage after getting it out and short shooting 45@22,looking very good and still holding 3 inches of reflex,started with 4 inches. Chuck putting another one on the Reflex/deflex form.
Tweaking Allen's Osage,just needed a little tender loving care and heat. ;) ;D ;D
Some Hickory blanks ready for the form. This is where my Yew stayed all weekend.  ??? :(  ;) Like I said many times,I get distracted very easily. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10405 on: February 17, 2014, 06:56:03 am »
Meeting Saturday morning,very good turn out and got a lot discussed and planed for the up coming shoot and Classic. Terry warming some donuts over the fire,got to love that. :) ;)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10406 on: February 17, 2014, 07:01:56 am »
SweetPea and friend/Logan[BoBo]Megan all show up for the day,great kids that we call our own. :) GregB always looking for knife scales,he found some really cool Persimmon we sawed out and now just needs to dry. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10407 on: February 17, 2014, 07:06:48 am »
Michael helping the kids out with some of their projects. Josiah and Emma  and friends showed up to work on bows,got to love these kids,very well mannered and quick learners. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10408 on: February 17, 2014, 07:10:41 am »
Kids having some shooting fun. Josiah giving some flute lessons and since Will wasn't there we had a back up around the fire.  :) Both boys very talented.  ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10409 on: February 17, 2014, 07:28:55 am »
Daniel and his Dad showed up with GregB's brother late Saturday evening,He had told them about our place and thought we might be able to help him out and get it to where he could shoot it. His Dad had bought him a Hickory long bow for Christmas from a guy out west[can't remember his name] anyway it was 78@28 and Daniel couldn't even get it strung to full brace,Greg and I got it braced and it needed some tiller tweaking plus a LOT of weight taken off,never wanting to disappoint we went at it and let him help also to see how to lighten up a wood bow[ Just take wood off]  ;) :) I could see his dad filching because he had paid good money for that bow, ;) ;D ;D I assured him we knew what we were doing, we got the tiller looking good and down to about 60@28 in short order. ;) :)Great kid and seems very interested in all wood bows, hope he will come back to visit soon. :) :) Never know we may have hooked another one. :) Pictures of the driveway work,trees cut water line capped and ready for the dozier today,you guys that have been there before won't know the drive this year,it is going to be twice as wide so you can pass going up and down. Hope yall had a good one. :)Life is Good. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good