Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4695259 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #10425 on: February 24, 2014, 09:59:39 am »
Me also Greg,Ya Bob it was a beautiful weekend, 30's for lows at night and mid to high 40's in the day time with sunshine,prefect for camping. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline seabass

« Reply #10426 on: February 24, 2014, 05:46:25 pm »
I am glad you fellas had a great time.do you get to keep the Hummer?that is a sweet truck.won't be long now till I make it down your way.see you soon
Middletown,Ohio

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10427 on: February 24, 2014, 07:49:29 pm »
Looks like a good shoot, have to make it there one day. Our State Shoot is this coming weekend, Spring is here ;D. You almost got that Hummer packed as full as my Jeep was when Chris and I left.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10428 on: February 25, 2014, 05:35:25 am »
No Steve,just use it when I want to. Ya Eddie if we had anymore stuff we would have needed a trailer. We didn't have to tie anything to the bumper but did tie some stuff on the roof. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10429 on: February 27, 2014, 06:56:56 am »
Went down to the cabin yesterday and to my suprise the dozier guy was there,he has the drive all opened up and looking good, it's twice as wide as it use to be,just need gravel now after it settles a bit and it will be complete,this has turned into a bigger project than we though,as usual. ;) :) It will be nice when finished,now we have to put in the new water line 550 feet of it where the dozier ripped it up. :( Hope to do that Friday and then get back in the bow shop.Lots to do to get ready for our open shoot in 2 weeks and of course a bunch to do to be ready for the Classic, it is slipping up on us really quick. :) :) Can't wait. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10430 on: February 27, 2014, 03:08:34 pm »
Pappy, hopefully the bow I donate will help with extra expenses like this road work.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10431 on: February 28, 2014, 06:33:21 am »
Yep,I feel sure it will Pat. Very nice and I bet it will fill the can,I know I plan on doing my part at that. I may even give you a hug, ??? you know what I mean,a manly hug. ;) ;D Friday and headed to the cabin when I get away, no big plans just working up more Hickory. Got 3 more ready for the form last evening and looks like I have 10 or 12 to go. Had some checking problem with some of them that I don't quite understand, ??? it was 2 years old Hickory but after cleaning the back up good some started checking, I glued them up and we will see how it goes.O well seem we will windup with 20/25 so that should be plenty. If I can pull away I would love to get my Yew shooting this weekend also,just seems their is never enough time to do my own stuff this time of year.  :o Got plenty of bows to shoot so I guess that's is just the way it is when you are a member of a club,it has to come first on projects. ??? ;) :) Hope yall have a good weekend. See ya Monday. :) Life is Good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10432 on: February 28, 2014, 07:46:26 am »
Have a good weekend. I'm heading for our three day State shoot with a road trip Saturday back home to attend a yearly oyster roast and then back up Sunday for a final round of shooting. perfect weather, too, lows in the high forties and highs in the lower 70's, no humidity or mosquitos.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10433 on: February 28, 2014, 07:57:13 am »
Have fun Eddie,sounds like a full weekend,shoot straight and make us proud,I want to get down to that shoot someday,maybe after I retire I will have more time. That weather sounds great,almost that good here this weekend,hope the rain holds off, putting in the ripped up water line from drive way rebuild this evening 520 feet of it. ??? ;) :) No water at the cabin right now. :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #10434 on: February 28, 2014, 10:29:58 am »
Sounds like a woops to me !
Hope it goes well and I am sure it will be worth it when done .
Glad you have some helpers !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline JEB

« Reply #10435 on: February 28, 2014, 11:59:06 am »
Not sure what is goig to happen up here if we have a sudden warming spell and the rains come like they did last year.  No place for the snow to go but the rivers and they flooded really bad last year.

On the other hand the farmers really need a lot of snow so I guess it is a catch 22.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #10436 on: February 28, 2014, 12:31:07 pm »
Eddie, "Spring is here" Where? Did I miss something. :o Last day of Febuary and it's minus 11 this morning, Sure hope March treats us a little better. Last sunny day we had I saw about 25 deer and they looked pretty good shape, As long as we don't get a crust on the snow deer  and turkeys will be fine. March can be a cruel month on Wildlife, not much left to eat, need some bare spots to start showing up.  Later Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10437 on: March 02, 2014, 02:29:26 pm »
Ya spring,calling for ice and snow here tonight.glad we got the drive and water line in yesterday.Pictures in the morning.Stay warm and safe. pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #10438 on: March 02, 2014, 03:29:06 pm »
Sleet all day & now snowin quarter sized flakes here in central Mo.. It's comin your way in a few hours Pappy so y'all be carefull... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10439 on: March 03, 2014, 05:50:40 am »
Ya we are getting it this morning,ice first then about 3 inches of snow over that,was out at 1am headed to Nashville,took 1 1/2 hours but I am here,not bad in Nashville,funny how 25 miles can make that much difference. Had a great and pretty nice weekend at least Friday and Saturday,got all the Hickory worked up and ready for the form,didn't have near the help I thought I would get :(  but it's done just the same.We also got the drive smoothed and ready for rock and the new water line back in and working,so a very productive weekend. Here are a few pictures of the fun. ;) ;D ;D The drive,2 lanes wide now. ;) A nice Hickory stave with some character,don't see a lot of that.This tree had several in it for some reason.  :-\ :) Dan and Doug putting some finishing touches on the tiller on a Hickory and Osage bows they have been working on. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good