Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4653683 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #1050 on: February 25, 2008, 07:57:36 am »
Also above was the skins on the take down.Turned out pretty good.Getting supper ready for Sat. night and Keith working on some deer horn nocks on his IW. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1051 on: February 25, 2008, 08:02:19 am »
Supper Sat. night GregB and the clobber,The stack of split Hickory[we hope it will make enough]
well that's it till next week.Can't wait till Friday. :) ;) Life is good. :)
    Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1052 on: February 25, 2008, 09:22:07 am »
Somebody else must have had some of that cobbler also...I don't think my one bowl was responsible for half the cobbler being eaten. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Dustybaer

« Reply #1053 on: February 25, 2008, 09:24:16 am »
i know i was gone for a long time, but weren't you supposed to be on a diet?  >:D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1054 on: February 25, 2008, 09:56:56 am »
Ya the see food diet,you know the rest.GregB I didn't see anyone else in it.  ;D ;D Dusty
he works it off splitting Hickory. ;) I will have to say the deer out done the pork so I filled up on that.I get my sugar from another source. ;)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #1055 on: February 25, 2008, 01:37:36 pm »
 All you southern folk sure have a good time, ;D  What nobody talking about buicks this time ???  That is one nice looking bunch of staves you got there.
  I've had this strong desire to start a thread called "Life is good up north" but I don't think the pics of a few of us sitting in the rain and snow freezing our tails, off would be as appealing. ;D
 And the ballony sandwich just dosen't look that tasty compared to the pork and beans. :-\   Keenan

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1056 on: February 25, 2008, 02:57:26 pm »
Keenan,
While enjoying our dinner Saturday night, we watched the video "Alone in the Wild" about the guy that build his own cabin and lived in Alaska for 30 some odd years. He seemed to get around pretty good with the use of snowshoes...don't know a way around losing your arrows in the snow though.  :)
Greg

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1057 on: February 25, 2008, 03:05:41 pm »
Greg I lost 3 to the snow in my backyard yesterday >:( Had spring fever so I snowblowed a trail so I could shoot
it was 30 degrees and the sun was out, just a beautiful day ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Keenan

« Reply #1058 on: February 26, 2008, 05:15:28 am »
 Greg, thats great inspiration and I think the way around losin them arrows is to not miss what yer shootin at. ;D >:D  Sure wish I could do that ::) ::) Ther is only one real major problem with the snow.  It seems to have a way of showing whats really going on while my wife is out and about. :o :o  Set of tracks through the snow out to the barn, over to this pile of staves, then to that pile of staves, then back to the shop, then over to the bow freezer that has the skins and feathers and such. And then there are the countless places where I just seemed to wonder in circles. Must have been on the phone talking about hunting or bows. ;D :D  Keenan

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1059 on: February 26, 2008, 07:26:17 am »
Now that is what I need ,a bow freezer,my wife gets a tore up when she finds snakes and
dead stuff in her freezer.Especially if they ant even been skinned yet.  ;D :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1060 on: February 26, 2008, 09:22:15 am »
Keenan, you think wearing some drywallers stilts with deer hooves on the them might fool your wife as to your real activities?...as long as you don't get caught wearing them that is. ;D

Dana, hopefully you'll find them during the spring thaw. ;)
Greg

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #1061 on: February 26, 2008, 10:19:38 am »
There wasn't any snow up there Sat night, but it wasn't all that warm, either....  Of course, watching a man living in a cabin in Alaska when the temps are 40 below made it seem a bit warmer... :)

The cobbler didn't hurt, either   ;D
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Keenan

« Reply #1062 on: February 26, 2008, 12:06:20 pm »
Pappy. Yep your own freezer makes life a whole lot more peacefull. Found a small one at a garage sale and it solved all the problems with the storage thing. When ever I find a snake or some friend gets a turkey or what ever, just toss it in the freezer till I have the time to deal with it. Just hope it never goes out on me, that might not be good ;D :-\

Greg, I like it, >:D  Do you think she'll start to wonder what the deer are up to ???        Keenan

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #1063 on: February 26, 2008, 03:11:40 pm »
Once again Pappy, your post have made my day, the only problem is looking at it before lunch.   :(  Tuna salad looks pretty paltry compared to that. 

I bought a used refrigerator/freezer for $50 and have it out in the man-cave.  Nothing in it but beverages and dead things.

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1064 on: February 27, 2008, 12:12:35 pm »
I guess I need another,I had one but she took it over to.Women go figure,wanting to clean it all the time and keep everything straight. ;) ;D ;D
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good