Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693894 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Life is good
« Reply #10575 on: April 09, 2014, 01:29:33 am »
Pappy, all you have to say is you think the fellar is already guilty.  They have a reason for putting him on trial don't they ;)   I've seen that one work.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10576 on: April 09, 2014, 06:13:50 am »
Ya I got a few ideas,someone told me yesterday almost the same thing,just say well they arrested him so he must be guilty. I plan on trying the ,I am deft in one ear and don't hear very well out of the other and see what that gets me. ;) ;D ;D
 At least the dates are OK now,that is all that really mattered to me.Ya the painting held up much better than anything else that has been done on it before. We still have some cleaning up to do around it but it is looking much better. Very cool place, :) :)I don't get up there much but when I do it is special. :)
It came a heck of a rain and hail yesterday evening so couldn't work out side,I was stuck in the bow shed 8) ;) got the new Osage I had started ready to brace.
I was hoping to have it shooting by the Classic,might just make it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10577 on: April 10, 2014, 10:30:14 am »
Well we got the shower tent set and working yesterday,also got all the spraying done on the gravel, Ice make up and running / gravel on the new drive and also  from woods out to Ashley rd. Still have a pretty long list of things to get done in the next week or so but I think we can see some light coming up.  :) Hope to haul some pine needles for some low spots on the ranges today, cause you know we will get rain at the Classic  ??? ;) :) :) just trying to be pro active. :) No time for
Paul's Osage yesterday but hope to get back on it by the weekend. :-\  I really want it to be shooting by the Classic so he can test it out before I finish it up. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #10578 on: April 10, 2014, 03:16:09 pm »
Is Blackhawk coming to the classic this year?
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #10579 on: April 10, 2014, 10:08:02 pm »
Sure am looking forward to tomorrow.  I finished up all the painting for the wife inside the house for this month and so it's time to spend some time with friends at Twin Oaks! 

I got some marching orders to work on tomorrow but it's going to be fun none the less.  Lots of work still to be done to prep for folks coming to visit.

We'll get it done, seems like we always find a way to make it happen for the folks who come to visit at the Classic.   :)

I sure am grateful for all the guys who lend a hand with the Selfbow Challenge each year.  Trust me when I say it's grown each year.  We average about 5-8 more each year over the past 5 years, and last year we had 79 register so that may mean we'll bump 90 this year.  You folks who pitch in are so very important to this success. 

I plan this year to pass out to each person registered for the Challenge a ticket that puts them in a drawing for a prize if they come to me after they complete their bow with the info on the bow they finished.  Weight/draw length/ total length/ and wood type will be recorded by me.  Pappy said to me once a while back it sure would be good to have this kind of info, so I'm going to try this this year.  Not sure about the prizes yet, most likely it will be something made by a member or something donated for this.  I'll come up with something nice.  If someone has an idea let me know what would work for prizes.  The important thing is to gather the info for the bows built.  One ticket per person registered, when they see me when they finish their bow they get a ticket.  I'll give out as many prizes as I can rustle up.  I'll have posted the time for the drawing in the Bow Shop area the location will be the Bow Shop.

Once again let me thank all the people who pitch in and help us make this part of the Classic so successful.   
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10580 on: April 11, 2014, 05:51:19 am »
Yep John,Chris is coming Thursday or Friday. Good idea Jon,you are sharper than you look. ;) ;D ;D ;D FRIDAY and looking forward to getting to the Cabin,got a lot to do and looking forward to getting it done. We have a few plans for some projects in the shop but mostly this weekend will be finishing up some small stuff that need to be taken care of for the Classic.Got scrappers to get ready/tables to finish and tents to set. Drive looks like I24 now so shouldn't be a problem for anyone to get up and down.Got another load of pine needles on the truck and trying to take care of places that we feel sure will get wet. :o :) :) Hope yall have a good one. Pictures of the fun Monday.  ;) :) Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #10581 on: April 11, 2014, 07:21:15 am »
Hey Jon and Pappy,

I'll send a quiver down with Davey and Barb for you self bow challenge prize, if that is OK. I'd love to bring it myself but work won't allow that.

Sure miss you guys,

Glenn

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10582 on: April 11, 2014, 08:22:07 am »
Thanks a bunch Glenn,that will be much appreciated,man hope you can make it down to this someday,until then see ya in Dec. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #10583 on: April 11, 2014, 03:54:08 pm »
Wish I could make it fellers, but I've gotta stay here in Wyoming... on the good side of things, looks like Im gonna be in Nashville for a week at the end of May, hoping to head up there

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10584 on: April 13, 2014, 11:20:48 am »
Good to hear from you Josh , miss ya. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10585 on: April 14, 2014, 06:24:50 am »
Great weekend,got a lot done and had the local scout troop down for the weekend,they helped out a lot,good bunch of kids. First picture is a gift John,a friend fro AK. gave me for letting him and his friend Bo Turkey hunt,very cool knife. ;) :) My boys are coming through on the Turkey wings,9 more pair last week. ;) :) My yew finely finished,shoots nice. Me laying out nocks on the Osage I am building for my friend Paul in ILL.
   Pappy
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:08:38 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10586 on: April 14, 2014, 06:29:16 am »
Nocks cut in and the bow almost ready to brace. All the tables getting a going over and refurbished. Jon almost got the arrows ready for the Classic trophies.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10587 on: April 14, 2014, 06:34:32 am »
Arrows, Getting scrappers ready,25 of them.GregB out gathering scrooms. Yum.
Jon always making strings and Josiah shows up for the day,just love that kid. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10588 on: April 14, 2014, 06:39:53 am »
Chuck and Michael finishing up the tables Miss Joanie requested.You know it is getting close when we put up the PA banner. Josiah new knife I gifted him. Sally just resting and me getting the scrapers sharp and ready to go. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10589 on: April 14, 2014, 06:45:13 am »
Chuck keeping the fire going. Josiah with his Osage to first brace. Supper,deer back strap.Yum. The scouts show up about dark for the weekend. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good