Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4690292 times)

Offline mscott

Re: Life is good
« Reply #10785 on: May 28, 2014, 08:17:51 am »
Had fun last weekend and thanks for post.
|)
|) () \/\/  /\/\ /-\ |\/  /\/\|KE

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10786 on: May 28, 2014, 09:37:23 am »
Looks like y'all had another good weekend. Vinemaple is the only white wood I like to play with, getting ready to start a VM take-down. And your new article was great! :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JEB

« Reply #10787 on: May 28, 2014, 07:45:39 pm »
Pappy  : That was a very good article in this issue of P.A.

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #10788 on: May 28, 2014, 07:50:24 pm »
them staves yall split look terrible  ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10789 on: May 28, 2014, 08:42:47 pm »
It was a good article Pappy. I read it yesterday. Nothing bigger than a blue tail, eh Pappy.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10790 on: May 29, 2014, 01:03:48 am »
First a yew bow and now a vine maple.  Are you feeling OK Pappy???   ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10791 on: May 29, 2014, 05:30:49 am »
Thanks guys,glad you liked it. Next it's on to Australian pine /Juniper/Mullberry and Dog wood Clint.  ;) :) :) and then I will build me a proper hunting bow from Osage. >:D ;) :) :) :) OK OK before anyone takes offence,just kidding,I just have lots of different wood and thought I would try some of it out and see how it works compaired to Osage,HHB and Hickory which has been my main stay for many years. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10792 on: May 29, 2014, 08:20:12 am »
I read the article about your hunt last nite.  Great read.  I really enjoyed it.  Don't let all those guys hacking on you dissuade you from making some "other wood" bows.  They just get their nickers in a wad too easy. >:D  I want to try some dogwood soon if I can find the right tree.  And Clint is supposed to be getting me some Mongolian Tulip  ;) :)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Parnell

« Reply #10793 on: May 29, 2014, 09:20:20 am »
I think it's awesome your playing around with different woods, Pappy.  Have fun!  That's what it's all about.
Speaking of "other" woods I'll have to keep my eye out for some of that snakewood that Twistedlimbs wrote his article about.
I also read your article yesterday.  Really enjoyed the photo of you holding up that "lizard" in Eddie's carport.  Awesome!
I've got to figure out an article subject...it's been elusive for me.
1’—>1’

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #10794 on: May 29, 2014, 11:45:03 am »
Great article Pappy! Looks like some of the Spirit Station pigment is gone, but the horse is staying in there. We used a calcium binder in that pigment. I'd be interested in hearing how ling it lasts. We need to get you an ocean spray stick too since you're workin all that  newfangled wood.  ;) dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10795 on: May 30, 2014, 05:30:42 am »
I'll give it a go dp,what is the worst that can happen. ;) Ya it has faded a bit but still is very cool,thank you guys for taking the time to do that each year. :) I started scrapping on a Osage yesterday just to have something to do between heating/cooling and finishing on the others,it was a pleasure to scrape,it is a set of billets that Gary Davis gave me in 07,one billet is very nice wood the other is the same stuff Clint had/curly Osage and a little strange,I am not sure how it's going to go but have it floor tillered and ready for the form today. Other than bow work I don't have much planned,we are going to have a fish fry Saturday and I may finely get around to pulling some tree stands. ??? :-\ About time for putting them up and I haven't had time to pull them out yet. ??? ;) :) :) Hope everyone has a good one. See ya Monday,jury duty is OVER,yes ,so I should be back on my normal schedule.  ;) :D Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #10796 on: May 30, 2014, 09:56:43 am »
Congratz on being done w/ the jury duty!! Bet that's a relief. I'm done w/ school on Monday for close to eight weeks and hope to spend much of that time working on the two bows I've started at the Classic.  :-[ Which still aren't complete.  :-[ Life is a gooder!! dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10797 on: June 02, 2014, 05:51:01 am »
Great weekend,nice weather[little hot] but got a lot done around the shop and had time for eating and a lot of shooting the bull. Here are a few pictures. Sally,still growing and seems to be getting sweeter as she gets older,fitting right in. ;) :) Tip over lays being put on my IW take down. My next Osage floor tillered and ready for some tweeking on the form.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10798 on: June 02, 2014, 05:54:26 am »
Arrows made by Dan for Jon,looks great,easy to loose. ;) ;D ;D My Osage on and off the form,came off nice and straight. ;) Supper,Brats and tatters in the black pot. Will/Dan and Michael checking out a stave. ;) :) Chuck working on some Lam's in or newly set up shop. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10799 on: June 02, 2014, 06:00:19 am »
I got to many bows going on right now,4 I think and gets hard to keep up with where I am at. ??? :-\ Young and the old,got all kinds that hang out with us. ;) I got the bow Rocky gave me at the Classic set up with some old 1960 Fiber glass arrows,shoots great [pretty cool]. :) Got the holes dug for the foundation on the new bridge,ready for post and concrete.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good