Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4652864 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #1110 on: March 10, 2008, 08:27:40 am »
My 2 bows finished,BigA and Grant just thinking and one of the boys that camped
had a birthday,so his Grand parents came down with a cake. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1111 on: March 10, 2008, 08:31:11 am »
Out on our range,it was pretty cool.Looked real.By the way notice the arrow in the deer
best shot of the day for me. ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1112 on: March 10, 2008, 08:37:17 am »
The first shot was of my take down,I figured someone would notice There was no arrow
in the bow. ;) The creek and little water fall was beautiful Sat.Greg's kinling pile.Supper Sat. nigh was Chicken and dumplens and a big bowl of Grants chili.Then grilled honey bun for breakfast. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1113 on: March 10, 2008, 08:47:25 am »
My bear,and some signs they like to mess with me ,it never stops.Then some fixings for our Pappy burger and Chile.A you boy first Robin hooded arrow and giving out the awards,Terry came in last so we felt we ought to give him something for that accomplishment.We are always looking out for our buddies.  ;) ;D ;D Got to love that. Hope yall had a great one like we did.O ya almost forgot
GregB kicked us bad last weekend but I guess he wanted to go out on top,cause we couldn't
get him to shoot in this one.  ;) ;D Life is good.
    Pappy 

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #1114 on: March 10, 2008, 01:36:07 pm »
 Wow right on Pappy and others. You guys sure know how to have a good time. It's also great to see that you are passing on the tradition to the youngsters.
  It kinda funny to see yall so bundled up down there, and nice to see ya having fun with it as well.I bet the driving down that way comes to a stand still when it snows there.   Keenan

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #1115 on: March 10, 2008, 02:21:33 pm »
Dang...I can't believe that snow! Man, I am always out-of-town when the fun hits....

Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Ranger B

« Reply #1116 on: March 10, 2008, 03:12:57 pm »
I'm new to the board but just wanted to echo what a great weekend it was at Pappy's place.  I ran across Pappy on the Leatherwall last fall and then realized that we were neighbors.  This was my first trip to Twin Oaks and it was absolutely a class act event.  I hit the snow covered roads just after daylight and when I arrived the fire was hot and the skillet was being warmed.  My fist thought was, "A man could grow to like this place!"  I went back to the house and brought 3 of my kids back to shoot once the sun broke and they had a great time shooting.  In the afternoon I brought another friend over and we shot.  Great set up with realistic distances for targets - not insultingly short, yet not too far either.

I'm finishing up a boo backed hickory bow and have a crack in another hickory bow.  Pappy and Greg spent time giving me some great advice and making me feel very welcome.  I guess if I had to sum it up I'd say, world class event put on by a great bunch of fellas.  I can't wait until the May shoot.  Pappy told me about the three event shoot (Ironman I think) where you can shoot selfbow, longbow and recurve all.  I'm definately in. 

I included a picture as a way of introduction to the board.
Ranger B

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1117 on: March 10, 2008, 09:35:08 pm »
Welcome to the board Ranger, looking forward to meeting the Twin Oaks boys when I drive down from
up here in the North for the Classic. Can hardly wait less than 2 months now ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #1118 on: March 10, 2008, 11:48:54 pm »
Welcome aboard Ranger! Nice kill, and bow!!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #1119 on: March 11, 2008, 03:56:20 am »
 Welcome Ranger, your a lucky man to be cuttin your teeth with that group of guys,,,,,good people,,,,,,,Nice buck as well,,,,,Keenan

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1120 on: March 11, 2008, 06:47:45 am »
I knew you would find the board,It was my pleasure meeting you and I hope we made you feel at home.It is always good to meet new folks with the same intrest.Come on down anytime ,like I told you I am there almost every weekend.Nice deer and I have already see the bow.See ya soon. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Bishop

« Reply #1121 on: March 11, 2008, 08:59:08 am »
Welcome Ranger, look forward to meeting you in may.
Bishop

DBernier

« Reply #1122 on: March 11, 2008, 09:24:29 am »
Welcome aboard Ranger B. You're right about Pappy and the "Boys". Difficult to meet a nicer bunch. Hope to see and meet you in May.

Dick

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1123 on: March 11, 2008, 09:29:22 am »
Welcome Ranger B!

It was very nice to meet you and I enjoyed our conversation. I hope you come and visit us...you don't have to wait until May.  :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1124 on: March 12, 2008, 07:47:41 am »
Got an e mail from the mother of the young boy that was camped this passed weekend ,she said he was hooked,that is our plan. ;) ;) :) The more kids we can hook the better we like it. :) This
isn't for everybody ,but for the ones that is is for it turns into a life long passion. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good