Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4652702 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: Life is good
« Reply #1125 on: March 12, 2008, 08:11:22 am »
Its friday for me Pappy ;D Worked 10 now I get 4 off, lots to get done too the classic is coming up fast ;D
Wife and I's 22 anniversery this weekend so I'm going to have to spend some time with her, but she's worth it
without her who knows where I would be ;) She's a keeper ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1126 on: March 12, 2008, 08:38:47 am »
Congrats on that,any woman that could put up with you that long has to be a rock. ;D
Tomorrow will be Friday for me.Going over to east Tn. Friday morning.I'll miss the cabin.  :(
but taking a lot of our stuff with us,so we can feel at home.  :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #1127 on: March 12, 2008, 03:12:12 pm »
Congratulations Dana.  I had my 18th Monday.  To tell you the truth, I'd be lost without her too.  Life IS good. 

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1128 on: March 13, 2008, 07:20:10 am »
Yes it is,Well today is Friday for me .I am leaving in the morning for Crossville,Tn. to the
TTAS [Tennessee Traditional archery society] banquet.It should be fun.Grant,GregB and Big A
are all going with me so at least I will have my friends.To be honest I would really rather be at the cabin but they want us to do a self bow building demo.so I guess we ought to pass it on every chance we get.I am sure the food want be as good but maybe we will get by[For Greg as long as they have plenty] he is more into volume.  ;) ;D ;D ;D sorry Greg just couldn't resist.  :) We are
displaying some of our bows and will have some stuff set up for P.A. I will have some pictures
on all the fun Monday.Hope yall have a great weekend.Life is good.
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1129 on: March 14, 2008, 10:07:21 am »
We're headed out today to Crossville, Tn. to attend a banquet Pappy's already mentioned. I personally think that this entire event as been pulled together by all the adoring fans of Pappy's here in Tn. in order for them to meet him and have pictures made...maybe Pappy holding their babies, you know stuff like that. Pappy allows CastIron, BigA, and I to accompany him on these trips to take turns with the camera.

Pappy has been approached by the makers of "Fat Head", so stay tuned...we might have some on hand at the Classic to go along with planned autographing sessions! ;D

...just a small payback for all those pictures of me eatin'! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

CastIron

« Reply #1130 on: March 14, 2008, 11:03:15 am »
It's been nice knowing you Greg.......  >:D

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #1131 on: March 14, 2008, 07:40:43 pm »
Man, I hate missing out on this one... I am sure Greg will do a good job covering for my big mouth. Is Pappy bringing his 5x7 glossys to sign?? ;D
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1132 on: March 17, 2008, 08:07:44 am »
Ha Ha. ;D ;D We had a great weekend,it wasn't like home but we got by,Grant said I was spoiled
and I guess I am.The Banquet went good and had more intrest in the bow building stuff than
anything else,guess you could say we stoled the show.They would have to come over and ask if we would shut down for a while when they got ready to do the other things,no one would
leave.We had some P.A. stuff set up and ran out,people loved it and hope it was good for PA
as well as us.I think it was.Here are some pictures of the weekend.We also went to the
Ye Old Farts and lieares club shoot Sunday and once again GregB gave us a lesson in the proper
way to shoot a bow.It was fun. ;) ;D ;D The first picture is the fire I always start with,they said we couldn't have a fire so we went unprepaired.We finely got one and it was tough with no
Diesel fuel and wet wood but Big A got it done.  :)
    Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1133 on: March 17, 2008, 08:10:46 am »
We were the only tent in the camp ground,They looked at us like we were crazy.The
food wasn't what we were use to either,hard to beat Viennese and cracker tho.  ;D
    Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1134 on: March 17, 2008, 08:27:16 am »
I'll get back on this,Got to many pictures.Guess I 'll have to clean out some of the older stuff. :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1135 on: March 17, 2008, 08:31:07 am »
Tent ??? looks like a house to me Pappy :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1136 on: March 17, 2008, 10:01:33 am »
I expected a lot more aggressive response from Pappy for that "fat head" comment...he may be waiting till I least expect it you think? There's quite a few pictures that haven't been posted yet, so he may still be planning an attack! ;)

BigA came through Friday night with a heroic effort to get a fire going in the rain. We were able to enjoy it at least for a while. Everyone seemed to enjoy what comes naturally to us in the bow making. You start scrapping on some wood and folks just seem to be drawn in from everywhere...go figure! :)

I'm hoping we all got our bad shootin' out of the way Sunday at the "Ole Farts" shoot. They had an easter egg hunt with plastic eggs at several of the stations...if you bust one you take the note back to be redeamed for a prize. Grant got a chocalate bunny, and BigA got a boiled egg! ;D Pappy was spinning them around on the end of their threads, but never quite got one to bust. All I got was a muddy arrow! ;)
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1137 on: March 17, 2008, 10:06:01 am »
Ya I have some stuff when I get the picture problem taking care of.jamie and Dana are on it.
Greg you are in for it. >:D >:D ;D
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1138 on: March 17, 2008, 10:11:27 am »
Uh oh! I didn't think you would put out a contract on me and bring in some hit men. I'm in trouble now! ;)
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1139 on: March 17, 2008, 01:24:55 pm »
I'll try again,cleaned up the first 23 pages so far to make room for more.BigA done a fine job on the fire.We went out to eat and even tho it ant what we are use to it got us by.We almost
didn't get in ,They had a poster on the door warning all employees to be on the look out for GregB
the eating bandit.He covered his face and got between us and we got him through the line OK. ;D
    Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good