Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694948 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #11520 on: November 18, 2014, 05:03:04 am »
Thanks as always Pappy for sharing with Us ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11521 on: November 18, 2014, 05:06:17 am »
Well hers looks a lot bigger Dave. ;) :) :) You are welcome Bob, glad you enjoy. :) Them ML are really knocking them down, my boss's son brought me the head off the one he killed Sunday, he wants me to do a European mount on it, it is a monster,10 point 21 1/2 inside spread and really good mass. rough score 160 inches. Here are a couple of pictures on the hoof and on the ground.  :) :) We also got our first snow of the year yesterday, little early for us ,man this weather is getting strange. :-\ :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:23:42 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #11522 on: November 18, 2014, 09:17:23 am »
4 feet of snow at our house in Western NY. Davey and I are in the thick of a strong storm coming off of Lake Erie. Roads are impassable. I've been blowing snow since 4:30 am. It supposed to be 55 on Monday. Get ready for flooding. Welcome old man winter.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #11523 on: November 18, 2014, 09:37:10 am »
Glenn,
I'm suprised you got it and I did not, we got 4" in the hills south east of the city, we usually get a lot more.The snow will probably move my way a little later today and I'll spend all day tomorrow shoveling it.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11524 on: November 18, 2014, 10:05:13 am »
No snow for us but it was 16 this morning. Won't get above freezing today and colder tonight. Gotta love winter!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11525 on: November 18, 2014, 04:16:55 pm »
Well I am in the stand right now and it is cold w wind about 15 but Miss Joanie told me a long time ago "you ant likely to kill one on the couch" so here I am , got a Beaver skin hat on Glenn gave me a few years back on one of the Yankee's after Christmas trips and for weather like this it is prefect. Thank Glenn   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11526 on: November 19, 2014, 05:34:03 am »
Now man this thing is warm and very comfortable, Thanks again Glenn. Seen 8 deer yesterday 1 at 15/16 yards but stuff in the way and none of the others wanted to come over and play, ;) man what a year, very frustrating.  :-\ As most of us know it take a lot of little things to all come together at ones to take a deer with a primitive bow and this year just seem I get them all to do that. Maybe Friday, cause today and tomorrow I will be helping skin and cutting up Deer meat for my Son. ??? :-\ ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11527 on: November 19, 2014, 06:52:24 am »
Dang Pappy, that hat makes you look 20 years younger. :laugh:  Looks like you're wearing a visor and dyed your hair.   ;)  Don't get discouraged with the deer hunting.  It could be a lot worse.  I have lived in east Tennessee for 5 years now and have yet to even see a legal buck where I hunt on public land.  Aside from traveling 5 hours to west TN to hunt, I have only killed two does total since moving here (with modern equipment :-\).  Most hunts I don't even see deer.  But I still enjoy just getting out and enjoying nature and the solitude is great for unwinding from the busy rat-race world that we live in.  I'm sure your luck will turn, and people will be helping skin your deer soon.  Beau is blessed to have you very involved, I really miss getting out with my dad (he has been disabled for many years).  I know I am preaching to the choir here, but as they say, harvesting one is just gravy.  Don't overlook the other blessings. ;)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11528 on: November 19, 2014, 07:10:53 am »
O you know me better than that, ;) just a little rant, :) yep I am very blessed and I know it, I am enjoying the season just the same ,maybe more because it is making me work at it and that means more time in the woods. :) I was thinking the same thing about the hat, now something for my beard. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #11529 on: November 19, 2014, 10:03:07 am »
The hat looks darn good on ya Pappy!
but with all of the snow he got yesterday and today(thier predicting more that 5feet of snow in 2 days) he might want the hat back just so you can see him through the snow drifts.
I lucked out by the way, I live south east of Glenn and Davey and I only got a foot or so of snow.
Sun's shining now, I gotta go shovel.
Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline GlennM

« Reply #11530 on: November 19, 2014, 01:06:31 pm »
That's a great hat.  Here is it's twin I made last year.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11531 on: November 20, 2014, 05:20:11 am »
I for sure look better in mine than you do Glenn. ;) :) Great afternoon yesterday, got the Doe Beau gave me skinned/boned and in the soak and got his 2 cut up and ground/all but the back straps. Got a little over 60lbs of ground Venison plus 4 inner loin/4 back straps and 4 shoulders the shoulders we will save for the Classic, we are up to 28 shoulders for the Saturday night feed and we usually cook 30 so with the 2 I have in soak we are right on target. :) :) I would love to get back in the woods today but we still need to wrap Beau's meat so it may be tomorrow, at least it has warmed up a bit,30's and 50's for the weekend.  ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11532 on: November 20, 2014, 07:37:22 am »
Mmm. . .tasty ;)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #11533 on: November 20, 2014, 12:10:56 pm »
looks good to me!

Offline Otis

« Reply #11534 on: November 20, 2014, 09:06:01 pm »
Looking good Pappy. Make sure you clean those pans when you're done. ;)  Debbie and I worked on our two some tonight.  Like I said a couple days ago, very glad to get some meat.  She is wanting to do burger also.  I stopped and got some ground pork to mix in with it.  I emailed Jimmy yesterday about what he uses and she decided to go with pork instead of beef fat.  Either way puts some fat in with the lean meat.  Do you mix anything in with yours.  Stay after those deer, like you say, you can go from zero to hero in seconds.  :)

David