Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4695275 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12255 on: May 05, 2015, 06:05:31 am »
Thanks guys, great Classic . Just got back to work today after 10 days off. I will have pictures [lots] in a few days, I am so far behind here at work/home it will take a few days to catch up, bear with me. Life is Good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12256 on: May 05, 2015, 08:08:22 am »
First day back for me too, Pappy.  Looks like they saved a bunch of work for me.  I had an excellent time and it was great to be part of the best archery event on the planet.  My hat comes off for all of the Twin Oaks bunch who made it the special time that it is.  Life is good, especially at the Tennessee Classic. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline BearG

« Reply #12257 on: May 05, 2015, 12:36:31 pm »
Thanks Pappy and all the Twin Oak's guys for another great Classic
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline K.Hills

« Reply #12258 on: May 05, 2015, 12:44:48 pm »
Dave O. Thanks again for the ride from the airport and the cold refreshments.

Pappy and the Twin Oaks crew... thanks for all the hospitality and all the hard work that you put into your event. It was a "Classic" indeed.

K. Hills

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12259 on: May 05, 2015, 07:10:58 pm »
Thanks, Twin Oaks, a great shoot,and really have to think about coming early every year. Good to see you and the guys, Kevin. Tell Rocky I read the note on my hood while doing 85.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #12260 on: May 05, 2015, 07:34:21 pm »
Thanks Pappy and the rest of the Twin Oaks crew for all of your hard work and dedication to make the classic what it is today! You all are top notch in my book!

And a big thanks to Mrs. Joanie, for ensuring that me and my buddy Neil was able to get a t-shirt from our very first classic. Patrick 
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #12261 on: May 05, 2015, 09:03:22 pm »
I was so busy havin' fun that forgot to take pics!!  But there's plenty of images in my mind.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #12262 on: May 05, 2015, 10:44:57 pm »
Can't help but notice how much work has to get done to pull off an event as big and good as the classic.
Also noticed how relatively few members twin oaks has to complete all that work.
My hats off to you guys for all the hard work and heart you put into getting it done so the rest of us can enjoy our time there. Thanks guys, it was a blast. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12263 on: May 06, 2015, 05:12:25 am »
Thanks,it's a labor of Love. I Promise pictures later. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline seabass

« Reply #12264 on: May 06, 2015, 06:01:09 pm »
Thanks guys I had a blast.Pappy,next year I'll try not be the ring leader.lol
Middletown,Ohio

Offline rover brewer

« Reply #12265 on: May 06, 2015, 08:47:56 pm »
I could not begin to be able to thank you guys enough, Pappy my hat is off to all ya'll . My 2nd time first time camping out it was great. thanks to Matt, Cody, Will, Pat, and Greg for all the help and advice ya'll gave me on the making of my bow. My nephew's first time loves his bow and is already talking about next year and his wife is also talking about making next year.
john 3:16

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12266 on: May 07, 2015, 04:53:50 am »
You are all very welcome, got the place almost back in order and as normal all the things I was missing are slowly showing back up, happens every year with usually some extras. :) Hope everyone got a chance to shoot the main course, we put a lot of work into that and was told by many it was the best 3D course they had shot. :) That was our gold. I have a bunch of pictures and will start posting a few at a time. Still playing catch up here at work so it may take a few days to get them all up. We will see how that goes. The first are early week when friends start arriving. :) Still setting up and Will knocking the rust off his napping.
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12267 on: May 07, 2015, 04:55:33 am »
Some of Will /Matt/ and my bows. Matt/Bear/Steve/Mike and Greg show up Friday and Saturday the week before. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 04:26:46 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12268 on: May 07, 2015, 04:59:08 am »
Cody rolls in.  :) Still cleaning and mulching around the place. Splitting some very old Osage I have had by the Cabin for years.[at least 20 years old] We Got bored I guess :o ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12269 on: May 07, 2015, 05:04:16 am »
Eddie and Kathy showed up and Eddie promptly went out and killed a Turkey. I told him all I wanted was the wings and breast. ;) Will found me a walking stick in that old Osage log, thanks Will. Clint showed up in his red neck camper and of course drew a crowd with his Osage. It got picked over very quickly.  :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good