Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708888 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12315 on: May 08, 2015, 03:52:52 pm »
Great pictures and story Pappy! It was almost like reliving the whole thing over again! Patrick
Yep.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #12316 on: May 09, 2015, 06:31:53 am »
Thanks to everyone, especially Pappy for posting the great pics and all the comments. I enjoy them every week. I will dream of being there next year and this thread really helps.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12317 on: May 11, 2015, 05:53:17 am »
You are welcome. ;) Another great weekend. Had the boy scouts out for the weekend, great bunch of boys and they helped police up the camp site for burnt wood and any trash that was left behind ,by the way their wasn't much, :) most cleaned up there sites really good before they left. :) We had a good working and got the ranges torn down/inventoried and set aside for the next event. Also got supply order ready for the new bridge and got a club dove field ready to spray and sow in the next week or 2. Fit in some time to shoot and work on a few projects. Then of course Sunday was Mothers day and although my Mother has passed I still have Miss Joanie[Mother of my son] and MawMaw, Joanie's mom, so we had a good day Sunday celebrating with them. Here are some pictures of the weekend.  :) Jon and Dan doing some shooting. GreagB getting back into some knife work and me checking out some up coming projects, a Yew from Wizard/A Osage from Gary and a new walking stick that needs to be finished. :)

Pappy
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:18:16 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12318 on: May 11, 2015, 05:55:54 am »
Bill working on a new Hickory. The Scouts show up and getting camp set. Sally just glad to be free after the Classic week. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12319 on: May 11, 2015, 05:57:28 am »
They set up a really nice camp, they all pitch in and really don't take them long to do it either. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12320 on: May 11, 2015, 05:58:49 am »
More of their camp. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12321 on: May 11, 2015, 06:01:41 am »
The boys getting some fire wood ready and us getting ready to pull the ranges, we also got the target shed cleaned and organized once again. It gets pretty messed up during the Classic.  :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12322 on: May 11, 2015, 06:06:44 am »
Pulling the ranges, about 10 showed up for that  ??? :o we had a very cool set up this year and got lots of complements on the course. We had about 70 targets out for a 40 target course which make it look very cool. :)Hope folks enjoyed it. :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:21:10 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12323 on: May 11, 2015, 06:14:59 am »
 Cross Poles set on the new bridge. I also put together a really nice bow rack, it will hold 40 bows and given to me by Ed Neat at the Classic, for them that know him it is the same rack he has in his booth ,he had made it for someone that didn't pick it up and thought I might could use it, I said sure. :) The Scouts put me up a Bat box also while they were there. :) I have always wanted one so now I don't have to want anymore. ;) Big thanks to Ed and the Scouts. That is it for this week. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:23:19 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #12324 on: May 13, 2015, 07:44:15 am »
Very nice of you to give the scouts use of the club grounds pappy. Its a special place and I'm sure they enjoy camping there plus spending time outdoors is good for kids of that age. I was in scouting as a kid and would have loved having a place like Twin Oaks to hang out at.
That range at the Classic was great, must have been a lot of work for you guys to set that up and tear down. Sure made for some fun shooting for all of us there though, thanks.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #12325 on: May 13, 2015, 10:48:26 am »
Good for you with the boy scouts Pappy! Good to see that you share your place with everyone and not just us. The scouts hold a special place in my heart. If it wasn't for boy scouts growing up, I wouldn't be who I am today. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12326 on: May 13, 2015, 11:06:52 am »
Thanks guys, yes we have the a few time s a year and enjoy their company, had some issues with some of their new policy's but decided to move on and get over it. :) These are a great bunch of boys and have some really strong leaders and that really helps. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12327 on: May 15, 2015, 06:21:22 am »
Yep it's Friday, as usual I am headed to the Cabin when I get out of here. No huge plans but do have a few things I want to get going. I am starting a bow for a good friend in KY. so I would like to get that to a ring and laid out, we are also having a Club meeting and working so have some plans to work on the new bridge and start planning on the IBO traditional world event we are having in July. Always a lot to do around there.  :)Hope yall have a good one. :) See ya Monday. Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JEB

« Reply #12328 on: May 15, 2015, 05:39:01 pm »
Life would be better if he didn't come down with the shingles.  You folks 60  plus in age, get the shot.  This just ain't fun.

Offline bubby

« Reply #12329 on: May 15, 2015, 10:29:34 pm »
You got that right jeb, i ain't 60 but them damn shingles suck ruined my whole summer last year and then some
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹