Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708431 times)

Offline TRACY

Re: Life is good
« Reply #12450 on: June 22, 2015, 06:49:47 am »
That dogwood bow is looking sharp! Looks like a very productive weekend. Never a dull moment. Life is good.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #12451 on: June 22, 2015, 07:05:50 am »
What did you guys do after lunch??  :o
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12452 on: June 22, 2015, 07:33:23 am »
 ;) :D :D after lunch, well to be honest Greg we hauled 2 of my Dodge truck loaded with wood chips to the entrance and exit of all the trail and also to the bridges. Framed one side of the bridge to be ready for the concrete pad we plan on pouring. We cut 2 Kobota loads of fire wood/Cleaned the Concession stand, all the freezers/fridges and floor/bagged 40 bags of ice to fill the freezers in the concession and target shed/check out our Dove field and adjusted the straw bails so we don't get any gully washes. :) Cleaned and got ready the shower tent/laid out the targets for the 3 - 20 targets courses for the IBO event coming up. Scott sprayed all the drives and parking/camping area, so we did some spot spraying where he couldn't get. Ran the Weed eater on 2 of the IBO trails/down the center and side trimmed them. Put points on and tuned a few arrows for Tommy's new to him bow about dark, other than that a very laid back evening. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #12453 on: June 22, 2015, 07:41:16 am »
Whew!  Busy, busy.  People just don't realize the upkeep involved in a top notch operation such as Twin Oaks do they.  Keep up the good work.  Wish I coulda been there.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12454 on: June 22, 2015, 09:17:10 am »
I second that, Greg.  I'm looking forward to the IBO.   ;)
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12455 on: June 22, 2015, 09:29:59 am »
Can't wait to see ya Matt, got to get the Cabin cleaned up now. ;) ;D Jon said that was on his list in the next week or so,  :) we clean a few times a year weather it needs it or not. :o ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #12456 on: June 22, 2015, 11:21:55 am »
You guys sure know how to build a bridge.  The new one at the upper crossing was rock solid.  Some of the bridges on our county roads aren't as sturdy as that one.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #12457 on: June 22, 2015, 10:15:17 pm »
One of my regrets after I retired is that I don't live close to the farm because I would love to become a member of Pappy's crew.  It is amazing how much work a bunch of willing and skilled fellows can get done.  Thanks again for letting us share the pictures.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12458 on: June 23, 2015, 05:12:50 am »
We do have a great bunch Joe that is for sure. Got my Dog Wood bow out to 48@26 and shot it some last evening, shoots nice. I also got a grip [ hemp cord] put on and a small shelf and striker plate, hope to shoot it some more this evening and decide if it is worthy of the set of Coral snake skins I have. Have thought about heat treating  :-\ or maybe sinew backing it,seems to have taken a little set just can't see where but will return just a minute or 2 after it is unstrung, not sure if it is still wet a little, I have had it in the hot box in between sessions  95 degrees but the box is out side and the humidly is awful right now in TN. I have only built 2 Dog Wood bows over the years and that has been a long time back so not real sure about how it reacts. :-\ I know it is seasoned, it was cut and roughed in in 2005. What are yall's thoughts on that ?
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

« Reply #12459 on: June 23, 2015, 08:33:58 am »
I left my (well, really L'il Dan's) pillow on the bed I used during the Classic.  Can't mistake it; Dan found a magic marker and drew all over it.  In case Jon finds it an wonders who left it.  Yup, I have had a bad run at leaving stuff behind..... :laugh: :-[
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #12460 on: June 23, 2015, 08:44:01 am »
I bet you didn't forget those 2 new bows Matt  ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #12461 on: June 23, 2015, 09:02:44 am »
Doggone!  You guys are getting stuff down around Twin Oaks.  It is truly amazing to see what a great crew of capable folks can accomplish when they are all working in one direction.  Hats off to y'all Pappy.  On another note - I think that dogwood and hickory are real similar in that they love to soak up the humidity.  I bet if you threw it inside with the central air for a month, it would behave like a different piece of wood.  I can't wait to see how it turns out for you.   
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline MWirwicki

« Reply #12462 on: June 24, 2015, 08:38:03 am »
Clint, that's for certain!  You could say that I was a bit distracted... ;D
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12463 on: June 25, 2015, 05:37:59 am »
I bet you were Matt. ;) :) Lucky dog. :) Been doing a little shop work the last couple of days,
I decided to heat treat the Dog Wood bow, :-\ it just seemed to need a little something and although I don't normally do that I don't normally work with Dog Wood either, it came off my jig looking good and I plan on a few days to rehydrate [probably Friday] and see if that gives it a little more spunk. ;) I also got the Osage take down out to 46@24 looking for 45@26 so almost there. I put it back on the form yesterday evening for just a bit of tweaking so it should be ready to finish by the weekend. Seems the only time I can get any shop time is through the week so I am trying to take advantage of that. :) Been very hot here so working under the fan is nice. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12464 on: June 26, 2015, 05:05:27 am »
Friday and as usual I am headed to the cabin, we have another meeting/working Tomorrow and hope to get most of the stuff that needs to be ready for the IBO done. :-\ It is going to be hot and a chance of rain so we will see. ??? I am ready to finish up the tiller work on both the Dog Wood and Bear's take down Osage so I have something to keep me busy if the rain come in. Hope ya'll have a great weekend. See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good