Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4695353 times)

Offline mscott

Re: Life is good
« Reply #12465 on: June 26, 2015, 05:25:45 am »
Hi pappy off to get heart cath I'll call after its all done. Need to find out what this chest pain and irregular heart beats are all about.
Mike
|)
|) () \/\/  /\/\ /-\ |\/  /\/\|KE

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12466 on: June 26, 2015, 06:10:33 am »
Good luck Mike, please call when you get finished with an update. :) Prayers are with ya. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BDan

« Reply #12467 on: June 26, 2015, 09:36:04 am »
Hope everything goes well Mike, hang in there.  BDan

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #12468 on: June 28, 2015, 03:59:41 am »
I saw all them new targets, they are lookin sweet. especially those buffalo  >:D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12469 on: June 29, 2015, 05:53:26 am »
Heard from Mike's better half and he came through the surgery good, a couple of stints I think and he should be good to go.  :) :) Great news.!!!! We had a great weekend, started out with rain so I got a little shop time then it cleared and the temps were great. We got 2 of the 3 IBO ranges set and the 3rd well on it way. Only 3 more weeks so we really needed to get on it and as usual around there we did. Pictures of the fun. Got a grip on My dogwood bow and back out to 47@26,the heat treating helped a lot but still not Osage. ???
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12470 on: June 29, 2015, 05:57:26 am »
TwinOaks new coolers. ;) I also got some time to do some arrow work. I straightened some cain and also worked on a set for the IBO, in that event all have to be the same length/field tip size and weight +-10 grains. :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 07:46:16 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12471 on: June 29, 2015, 06:02:34 am »
Dogwood after shooting it a bit, still holding an inch or so reflex, still seems sluggish to me.  Arrows for the IBO, if I get time to shoot, :-\ may not shoot good but going to look good anyway. ;) ;D ;D Some friends cam by for some bow work. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12472 on: June 29, 2015, 06:05:05 am »
Also got Bear's take down off the form and shot  out to 45@24,holding up nice so far, it has a few pin knots that bother me so I may rawhide, haven't decided yet. :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12473 on: June 29, 2015, 06:10:24 am »
The rain stopped Saturday right after our meeting so we headed out to work on the range and grounds. Got 2 of the 3 IBO ranges set and the Hunter challenge range done except for a little tweaking on some of the set ups. All the ranges weed wacked and limbs cut out of the way and picked up ,ready to use. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12474 on: June 29, 2015, 06:12:58 am »
Chuck showed up to help and also chase some rings. ;) One of Will's new bows, he is getting pretty good with these lamb bows. Hauling wood chips to all the trail heads and new bridge.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12475 on: June 29, 2015, 06:23:17 am »
Big A had some really good help hauling and spreading Wood chips, his Grandson and Allen's grandson.  :) A very nice fellow out of Frankland ,TN. showed up Saturday evening, he said Will told him to stop by, Will does that a lot of Face book I think, but he never seems to be there when they show so I got to spend some time talking with him, he loves self bows so that's good enough for me. ;) I shot his last bow, nice Hickory homey, that shot nice. :)I Enjoyed meeting and talking with him and hope he will make it back soon, then maybe I can remember his name. :-\ I am terrible with names as most of you know. That's it for the weekend, hope yall had a good one also. ;) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TRACY

« Reply #12476 on: June 29, 2015, 09:42:16 am »
Looks like you guys had a productive weekend! Bridge looks great, especially after seeing the progression of it to completion. Sharp looking arrows too!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12477 on: June 29, 2015, 09:59:33 am »
Hey Pappy, explain more about =/-10 grains on arrows?  Are you saying that to shoot, all arrows in your quiver need to be about the same?
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12478 on: June 29, 2015, 10:32:48 am »
Ya, they have to be same length and same weight field point, and marked the same. As far as actual total arrow weight, don't think that matter, I know it don't matter to most of us but you know how some will work ever advantage, they will have arrows that are light and heavy depending on the distance to the target so they can have a closer point on distance if they use the arrow or tip to aim, and have them marked so they know the difference. I don't shoot like that so it really makes no difference to me as long as they are close to the same weight, say with in 50 grains or so. You always have pretty well matched arrows anyway, at least when I have shot with you ,you did. I will look but I know you need glue on points and I will check but I think at least 125 points, I know you shoot 5/16 a lot but not sure on the point weight you normally shoot ,so I will check that out and let you know ASAP. ;) :)Thanks Tracy, we love the new bridges, they have been a long time coming it seems like but both just about complete. ;)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12479 on: June 29, 2015, 10:41:14 am »
1. Primitive (PRM)
a. Bow – no man made material can be used on bow except string material and glue. No performance enhancing material may back the bow (ie. Another wood, bamboo, rawhide or sinew). Only decorative materials such as snake skins may be used.
b. Arrow – must be wood, bamboo or cane.
A Primitive bow shot with fingers directly contacting the bowstring using a glove, finger tab, or bare fingers, Archers may use up to two (2) nock locating devices, but they must use the same nocking point and anchor point for each shot and the index finger must contact the string in the same place for each shot. The index finger must touch the nock of the arrow. Face and/or string walking are not permitted. No sighting device of any kind may be used. There shall be no markings on the bow or bowstring (intentional or accidental) that could be construed as sighting marks. No type of draw check or clicker may be used. Arrows shall be made of wood, bamboo or cane and shall be identical in length, weight, and color (allowances shall be made for normal wear). Arrows shall be shot off the hand or shelf of the riser. No soft materials that will assist or affect the paradox of the arrow may be used to build up the shelf or strike plate of the riser. Archers may use a hard material on the shelf or on the side of the riser under a hair or leather strip that does not exceed 1/8” thickness. The shelf may not be built up in a manner that will give the archer an advantage in terms of feather or vane clearance. The intent is that the shelf meets the side of the riser (strike plate) so the built-up shelf may not be a pyramid that provides clearance and separation from the bow riser. PRM archers will shoot from the White stake.
A Primitive Bow shot in PRM shall conform to the following specifications:
1. The bowstring, when the bow is strung, may only contact the nocks of the bow
Nothing mentioned about tip weight. The rest is a lot of words but pretty much cut and dried the way most of us self bows folks shoot them anyway. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good