Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4700530 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12585 on: August 10, 2015, 10:41:47 am »
Looks like another great weekend at Twin Oaks. Congrats to you and Miss Joanie, Pappy. 42 years is something to be proud of.   8)
 Are the "staples" in the logs to stop the checking?
 The dogwood looks cool with the coral snake skins. Those were big uns. I like the leopard wood scales on the knife. I got a FG bow in the Trad Gang bow trade a few years ago with a leopard wood riser.  Cool stuff.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12586 on: August 11, 2015, 04:12:49 am »
Yes Pat that is what they are for, less checking/cracking the more they bring and since it will be a couple of weeks before the bidders/buyers get there he did that to protect them. Yes that was a big set of skins, they came from a friend [Brad] you probably know him he is always at the Classic and wears the pre 1850 cloth most of the time, he camped at the very far end of the camp ground this year beside the creek in a pre 1850 set up, he is from South GA. very cool guy. He heard me say last year I would love to have a pair while bragging on the ones Matt has on a short Osage bow and this year showed up with these and gifted them to me. ;) :) The wood for the knife handles came from Bill our new member, he bought it in Main on vacation and gave us a board to use around the shop. Very pretty stuff and very dense and hard. ;) I put a coat of TruOil on them last evening and man do they look good. :)By the way I got the skins trimmed and one coat of sealer on them last evening also and boy do they stand out.  :)
 Pappy
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline CJDore

« Reply #12587 on: August 11, 2015, 12:25:53 pm »
Pappy,

You need to post some pics of those skins and wood knife handle.....A picture is worth a thousand words.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12588 on: August 11, 2015, 08:53:23 pm »
Going through some pics, thought I'd post a few that I took at this year's Classic.  Here's to you, Goatster, James and PatB.  Good times were had by all.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #12589 on: August 11, 2015, 08:56:16 pm »
Great pics Matt!!!.....those could go down in/be part of history........
Mighty fine.........
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12590 on: August 11, 2015, 09:44:10 pm »
I'm ready for the Classic again. Nice pics, Matt, especially the last one.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12591 on: August 11, 2015, 09:56:23 pm »
Great pics, Matt. That blonde with the goat man was a feisty one, quicker on come backs then me. She was always trying out that Southern accent but no way she could pull that off. ;D ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12592 on: August 12, 2015, 04:38:09 am »
Thanks Matt, brings back very good memories. CJDore I will have pictures Monday, got the second coat on the skins yesterday ,I plan on taking it home tonight and let Miss Joanie do her writing thing on it and seal the whole thing through the week and weekend. ;)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12593 on: August 14, 2015, 04:40:14 am »
Friday and headed to the Cabin when I get away from work, we are all gathering in the morning to go to a shoot at a new local club, they have really supported us over the years and we plan on going in force and doing the same for them, ;) it should be fun to just get out and shoot and not have to do any of the prep work. :) I also plane on putting some more coats of sealer on my Dog wood bow and finishing touches on the knife I have in the works. I feel sure some other stuff will come up, we will see. :-\ Hope yall have a great weekend ,see ya Monday.
Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12594 on: August 17, 2015, 04:37:21 am »
Great weekend, not a lot of time in the shop , a bunch of us in the club went to a shoot Saturday to support some folks that are just starting and always support us. It was a good course and very laid back time. I did get my knife finished and some more coats of sealer on my Dog wood and a few more odds and ends around the shop.  :)Here are a few pictures of the fun. My knife. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12595 on: August 17, 2015, 04:38:55 am »
Father's day gift finely put together, it is getting that time of year. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12596 on: August 17, 2015, 04:41:36 am »
Ray showed up and needed a little tweaking on his grand son's bow ,so I was glad to help. Bill showed up Friday to hang out and had a good surprise when King Ron rolled in for a visit, great seeing him for sure. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12597 on: August 17, 2015, 04:43:55 am »
Bill doing some knock work on his new Osage . Dan doing a little practice before the shoot and
adding coats of sealer to my Dog Wood bow.
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12598 on: August 17, 2015, 04:49:20 am »
Writing done and sealed on my Dog Wood, also a matching string  ;) :) More big white Oak and Walnut coming off our farm, I think they are finely done cutting, so for the fun part, selling, the cutting sure ant been any fun to watch for me but a necessary evil if you want to keep the wood healthy. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #12599 on: August 17, 2015, 04:49:43 am »
Hey Pappy - Ya might wanna move that fan next to the treestand - might be kinda noisy while You're Huntin'  O:)  >:D :laugh: :laugh:! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.