Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4703312 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13155 on: February 01, 2016, 05:36:08 am »
BigA playing a tune on the broad ax. Just some hanging out Saturday evening. Sweet Pee came down for a visit [By the way Joe she had her quiver and bow, she loves that quiver]   don't see her as much anymore but a real pleasure when we do. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13156 on: February 01, 2016, 05:39:03 am »
Sweet Pee's new shirt, pretty cool. :) We saved the sawdust form Woody's Walnut planing to make some fire starter, waste not want not and we always need fire starter. :) Great weekend . hope yall had a good one also. :) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:52:10 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #13157 on: February 01, 2016, 09:03:59 am »
Pappy:  Once again the pictures bring back so many great memories.  Sweet Pea has grown up to be a pretty young lady!  I am feeling low as it looks like I will miss this year's classic due to my wife's back surgery coming up in a couple of days.  I have been working on a photo album for Jimmy and hope he will understand about not being able to match the dyes as in the pictures.  We finally got a couple of inches of snow last night, just not enough for the snow machine.  Thanks for Monday morning's Life is Good!  Joe    At least I will have a couple of things for the raffle!
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13158 on: February 01, 2016, 10:02:01 am »
Hope all goes well Joe, I will have yall in my thoughts and prayers and keep us updated on how it goes. :) Michael just contacted me and said he had TwinOaks new web site up and running, he has been working on this for a while and looks to me he has done a great job, if yall get a chance go and check it out and let us know what we could do better or what you like and don't like about it. Lots of pictures/videos/contacts/directions and schedules ,some good  back ground music to boot from Chad and Will. [Twinoaksbowhunters.com] should take you right to it. Input is very welcome.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #13159 on: February 01, 2016, 02:46:59 pm »
Very cool weekend there pappy! I'm always excited to get my Monday morning dose of "Life is Good!" Thanks for sharing your weekends!
Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #13160 on: February 01, 2016, 03:04:42 pm »
Pappy, last weekend 6" of snow and beaver hats , this weekend short sleeve shirts, you guys are really livin the dream. Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13161 on: February 02, 2016, 04:09:22 am »
Ya Bob the dream or the night mare ,  :-\ never know what the week will hold as far as weather in Tennessee. :) I had a nice peaceful time in the shop yesterday, I had to make 5 arrows for some cub scouts that are moving up to Boy scouts next week, also got my replacement Osage ready to brace, hope this goes better than the last one. :) I even took some time and cleaned and put on a necklace my multi purpose tool the Coon provided.  ;) ;D ;D Still don't know why folks collect stuff like that. :-\ ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #13162 on: February 02, 2016, 04:26:57 am »
Checked out the TwinOaks web-site - looks real good ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13163 on: February 02, 2016, 06:03:48 am »
Thanks Bob for the input, I think it will be good, we plan on keeping it updated and fresh now that is simpler to use. It still sometimes goes to the old one at wordpress, you kind of have to search to find the new site for now. ;) That should go away in a week or so and should go directly to the Twinoaksbowhunters.com. or Twinoaksbowhunters.org With the info on the new site and easy to navigate it should save me a lot of questions and emails at least that is what we are hoping for. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #13164 on: February 02, 2016, 06:30:50 am »
And just what all do you use that multi-purpose tool for?   ???
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13165 on: February 02, 2016, 07:50:22 am »
 ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D This is a family friendly site ya know. ??? I would tell you but you probably already know what it is and what it is used for. ;) Rich folks tooth pick, I am just waiting to meet some rich folks to give it to.   ;) :)
 Pappy   
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13166 on: February 02, 2016, 09:23:12 am »
We always called them wolf whistles. I've got one I also wanted to share with a special person.  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #13167 on: February 02, 2016, 10:31:30 am »
Pappy, how did you get any work done before you got that front loader?  ;D  Seems its involved in most of your projects now.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13168 on: February 03, 2016, 04:13:33 am »
I don't know Clint, :-\ everyone told me how handy it would be and they were right. Work smart not hard I have always been told. ;) :) Got my Coon fleshed and washed yesterday before the storm and some brains laid out. I plan on trying a hair on brain tan. Jesse showed me how he does it a few years back but never tried a hair on so we will see how it goes, I also have a Beaver that has the hair on/fleshed and now just rawhide so I think I am going to do both at the same time,  ??? the worst I can do is ruin them both. ??? ;) :) Hope everyone is OK after the storms, we got hit hard with straight line winds in the 40/50 mph range and lots of heavy rain. I lost a little siding of the trim of my house but other than that all seems to be good. Haven't checked at the farm yet, hope all stood up to the weather OK down there. I guess I will find out this evening. :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #13169 on: February 03, 2016, 04:05:06 pm »
Hope you don't have any more damage Pappy.  Hope everyone down there came out okay.  We've been very fortunate around here and not had any bad weather.
As a matter a fact, the 7 inches of snow ya'll got a couple weeks ago, is more than we've had all winter so far.  Hope your doctor can help out your hearing.

David