Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4651623 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #1365 on: May 04, 2008, 11:01:30 pm »
 Some of the activities

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1366 on: May 04, 2008, 11:04:17 pm »
 Here we go with some more

Lakeland, Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1367 on: May 04, 2008, 11:07:38 pm »
  These are the last ones tonite, have to shower

Lakeland, Florida

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #1368 on: May 04, 2008, 11:26:50 pm »
I'll fill in where you left off Eddie. 
  This year was IMO even better than last.  Pappy and all the folks at Twin Oaks made sure everyone was very well taken care of.  Lots of bows, and more importantly, new friends were made this year and I think I can speak on behalf of everyone who was there and say that a good time was had by all.
  I've never been around as large a group of truly good people or experienced the level of camaraderie as I have at this event.
  I didn't take near as many pictures as I should have, but I'll share what I have.   Saw Filer

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 12:03:10 am by Saw Filer »
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #1369 on: May 04, 2008, 11:31:15 pm »
Couldn't resist - here's a few. Gotta get cleaned up and sleep ;D. If I can remember them in order, here's some familiar faces, James Parker knapping (that guy's incredible!!), his boy, and the Parker family reunion ;D. More later of course..

When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1370 on: May 05, 2008, 02:20:51 am »
Four Parkers together at once was a scary thought before they all got together but the "better halfs" made it all bareable. ;)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1371 on: May 05, 2008, 10:16:09 am »
Man it was one heck of a big time guys, I will post some pics when I recover ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline RG

« Reply #1372 on: May 05, 2008, 11:59:59 am »
Hey Ya All!!! This is David T writing from Ron's computer. Just about ready to go catch my flight to Seattle. Man was it a great time! Cant remember having this much fun in a long time and making so many new friends.  Only thing to regret is that it all came to an end! Just have to be patient and wait for the 12th Annual Tennessee Classic. Now I have something to plan for!!!!

This is one of the best gang of people I have ever come to know. All of you that get a chance should try and make this event at least once in your life. I have learned more about building a bow with these folks than I have in the last five years working at it on my own and their generosity knows no bounds.

Pappy, Greg, Ron, Anthony, Grant, and everyone else there at Twin Oaks are the best bunch of people I have ever come across. They really worked hard to make this whole event come alive and its a time that will always stay with me through the years!

Glad to hear everyone is making it home safe and sound. Thanks again Pat for those snake skins for the back of the bow and Pappy for all the Turkey feathers and help with the bow and Ron for the Beautiful stave of Osage and taking me to and from the Classic.

Dana heres one more for ya "Holly Wa Eh Y'All!"  ;D

David T
(D. Tiller)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1373 on: May 05, 2008, 12:16:56 pm »
Tiller, You were definately a great sport for putting up with the "smelly soap" abuse.  ;) You have officially been initiated and passed with flying colors. ;)  The bow you built is a beauty and diserving of that set of skins. It was great to meet you and I enjoyed our short times together and especially our walk about with the other guys on Sunday morning. We will definately do it again next year. Hope you had a safe trip home.
  ...and for those that don't already know..."Life is Good in Tennessee"!!!  8) 8)       Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1374 on: May 05, 2008, 12:40:23 pm »
Here's a few and before anyone else does yes thats me with my Bear I bought while I was down there :o :o :o

"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1375 on: May 05, 2008, 12:54:29 pm »
I know everyone love's to see Greg eat so I took a few pictures, enjoy >:D ;D

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1376 on: May 05, 2008, 01:01:42 pm »
Dana, Glad you made it home OK. It was great to meet you. I think you were the hit of the party. Eh! ;) 8)
  I think we need to start a "Greg Eating" thread. There will be plenty of pics to work with.  ;D     Pat

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #1377 on: May 05, 2008, 01:08:18 pm »
hah thats funny danna.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1378 on: May 05, 2008, 01:10:35 pm »
youbetcha eh Pat, can't say what a great time I had :)
I don't know about being the life of the party I was just having some fun ;D

Manistique, MI

Offline Keenan

« Reply #1379 on: May 05, 2008, 01:11:52 pm »
 Hey Guys I sent a Pm to knott head about what to do with the mascott blade. Tiller Stated that we need to send it to someone really experienced to have it refined.  Thats what you all were supposed to do ;) I thaought it would be cool if everyone (experienced) could do a little work on it to give it more (signitures) so to speak. I already took a few flakes off of it to refine it slightly. Don't tell me you all were chicken :o