Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4700420 times)

Offline GlennM

Re: Life is good
« Reply #13875 on: September 13, 2016, 04:05:13 pm »
Hey Jon and Pappy,

Love to see all the happens at the hollow. Looking forward to seeing you at the end of the year. Davy just had carpal tunnel and trigger thumb on his release hand. He is not happy. Our opener is Oct 1st. I don't think he will be healed then. We might try a modern mechanical release to let the tendons in his fingers heal, but still allow him to shoot.  Miss Barb is taking good care of him.

Will,

Congrats on the baby.  You all look very happy. Enjoy every moment as time will fly. Our baby is 16 and headed to college soon.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13876 on: September 14, 2016, 03:30:37 am »
Good to hear from you Glenn, look forward to our hunt after Christmas, I had that surgery done last year, took about 4 weeks and good to go. Hope he gets over it quickly. :) I know Barb will take care of him. :) Went out yesterday evening and put up a couple more stands, 1 on some persimmons that have just started dropping and the deer have already found it and another in the Aunt Jemima Stand [our name] it has a good crop of post oak acorns falling [white oak family] and also some good red oak that will be falling soon so I just put it up in anticipation.  ;) :) Also found my first scrape of the year about 20 yards from the Persimmon tree. No big deal at this time of year but always love finding them early, at least you know their has been a buck around. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13877 on: September 16, 2016, 03:56:24 am »
FRIDAY, Been a long week but I am headed to the cabin for some rest and relaxation as soon as I can get away, got no big plans just some shooting in preparation for next weekend also got a new knife in the works. Tomorrow is my Birthday so I think I am having some friend down for the evening. :-\ at least that is the rumor. ;) :) Gary Davis is coming in Tomorrow also with his new girl friend so I am looking forward to meeting her. She has to be a good one to put up with Him. ;) :) Had a bad day yesterday evening, my girls ran off and who knows why or where, all I know is they disappeared about 2:30 and wasn't back at dark, :( I left the kennel open and am hoping they will be back when I get there this morning, Sally has never done that before but Sister, she is a rambler and has had her butt busted more than once for running off. [Thanks Little Steve ] ::) Hope they are OK. Hope yall have a great weekend. See ya Monday. Life is Good.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #13878 on: September 16, 2016, 06:47:08 am »
Happy birthday Pappy sounds like a relaxing weekend ahead. What is the openning date for deer season in TN?
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13879 on: September 16, 2016, 07:39:44 am »
The 24th of Sept. Next weekend.!!!
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13880 on: September 16, 2016, 07:57:16 am »
Happy Birthday, Pappy Have a good day and weekend. Maybe the girls went out looking for a B-day present for you.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13881 on: September 16, 2016, 08:09:59 am »
Ya I never thought of that Pat, I am sure that is what they did. ;) ;D ;D Probably bring back a dead skunk or something nice like that for me. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #13882 on: September 16, 2016, 08:35:23 am »
Happy day before your birthday Pappy. I'm sure whatever the girls get you will smell real pretty  lol. I think Thumper called them flowers
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13883 on: September 16, 2016, 01:16:36 pm »
Ya they are back, laid up in their kennel when I got here, headed out to put up one last stand, man it is hot. Have a good weekend. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #13884 on: September 16, 2016, 04:24:55 pm »
Glad the girls are back.  Have a happy birthday Pappy. 

David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13885 on: September 16, 2016, 05:34:23 pm »
Happy Birthday, my Friend.Glad the girls made it back, too. Man, I'm getting antsy to get in the woods. Buuuut, google, sinkhole at Mosaic New Wales. This is starting to look like my hunting season last year when I got stuck on the other one for 9 1/2 months. :'(If it happens the pay day will be good and speed up my long term plan. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #13886 on: September 17, 2016, 12:37:40 am »
Happy Birthday Pappy!🎂🎂🎂... Glad the girls are back 👍.... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline chamookman

« Reply #13887 on: September 17, 2016, 03:58:08 am »
Glad to hear the Girls are Home safe and sound. Happy Birthday too Sir !
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #13888 on: September 17, 2016, 05:14:09 am »
Good to hear the girls are back. Have a good B- day.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #13889 on: September 17, 2016, 10:07:59 am »
Happy Birthday, Mark.  Enjoy your day with all the visitors, im sure you'll  have. 
I'm helping Gary's son Steve this weekend.  Michigan has a youth deer hunt this weekend.  I will be sitting in a stand with Mason, while Steve sits with Madeline.  This morning is very rainy so, we chose to stay inside.  Should stop by this afternoon.  We'll get in the stands then.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI