Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4652579 times)

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13905 on: September 19, 2016, 12:09:13 pm »
As always, any day at Twin Oaks is a good day.

That super blue worked like a champ on the barrel. I'll have the stock done and stained within the next week or two and then it'll be time to get the sights hammered on and set.

Then we can have a blackpowder target challenge right? : )

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13906 on: September 20, 2016, 03:20:17 am »
Glad you enjoyed it Little John, looking forward to seeing it all finished up. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13907 on: September 22, 2016, 03:35:09 am »
Well I guess I have got everything about ready for Saturdays opener, I have had all my stuff ready for weeks but my son  ??? that's a different story. I call him yesterday morning to see what is plan was for the weekend and discovered he has no arrows ready, Kids you got to love um, so I spent yesterday evening get him some arrows ready to hunt  ;) :) Don't know what that boy is going to do when I am gone. :-\ I also spent a little time on another powder horn, [ well 2 horns ] I know I said I was finished for a while but just can't seem to stop when I have horns laying around. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #13908 on: September 22, 2016, 05:15:16 am »
Just give him a few more years Pappy. lol . My 2 boys are total opposites of each other, oldest super organized always has everything planed out way ahead of time. The youngest always needs reminder don't know how he can find anything. Sometimes they can both make me crazy but they are good young men and we are very close. Happy Hunting.
Bjrogg
PS The youngest probably takes more after me in my younger days.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13909 on: September 22, 2016, 05:49:02 am »
I hear ya bj, ya I think it is mostly my fault, he is 30 and has hunted with me since he was 6, killed his first deer with a bow at 9 and 20 + more since then ,but I have always taken care of the details, he is getting better and I am pretty sure he could carry on in my absents, just makes me wonder sometimes. :-\ and yes we are very close also. ;) :) Still I would like to pinch his head off sometimes. ;D ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #13910 on: September 22, 2016, 07:01:00 am »
Pappy, are you sure he didn't "forget" on purpose because he knew you would make him some arrows  ;D   Sons can do that to their dads sometimes.  I know I've been guilty of similar situations. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13911 on: September 22, 2016, 07:16:36 am »
Ya and I think that is a lot of the problems some have now days, we aren't going to let them do without, if it had been my dad he would have just said simply , Sorry guess you can't hunt today , so I learned to have my stuff together.  ;) It's all good , just venting, guess deep down I enjoy him still needing me. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #13912 on: September 22, 2016, 07:28:31 am »
I wish it was just kids who have that problem. I have found that all people will let you do for them as long as you do, even if they see you struggling. Just human nature, I guess.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13913 on: September 22, 2016, 08:00:48 am »
I guess you are right Chief, just can't do that myself. ;) :) O well I do enjoy doing for others even if sometimes they take advantage, that can't be all bad. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #13914 on: September 22, 2016, 11:39:19 am »
Don't understand it myself, either. Thanks God for folks that choose to serve.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13915 on: September 23, 2016, 04:16:31 am »
Well it's Friday again, they come around fast it seems. ;) I am headed to the cabin for 3 days of Hunting, Bow season opens in the morning and I am ready, it is going to be hot and skitters will probably be bad but haven't missed an opening day in over 40 years and if I live till morning don't plan on missing this one. ;) I have a few projects going to work on in the middle of the day if no  deer are killed but hoping to get to try out Sister tomorrow and see if she is worth the trouble she has been causing  :-\ and maybe skin  and cut up some deer. We have the final leg of the 24th Whitetail Classic going on also so should get to see lot of deer and of course some good eating and fellowship. Hope yall have a good one also. See ya Tuesday.
 Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BDan

« Reply #13916 on: September 23, 2016, 07:51:26 am »
Happy belated Birthday,Pappy. Did you guys figure out what size arrows Beau shoots better out of his bow with that new string. I know he was having issues up in Michigan. Hope to come down when Dave comes down in November if that's OK. what week you taking off, the first or second week of Nov. Good Luck this weekend, which I know you will.  BDan

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #13917 on: September 23, 2016, 08:19:57 am »
Good luck, Mark.  Our opener isn't for another week.  Getting some arrows ready. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13918 on: September 23, 2016, 09:51:54 pm »
Good luck, Mark, and you guys crack me up about "skeeters". ;D ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13919 on: September 25, 2016, 05:18:26 pm »
It's hot and skeeters are bad but Osage is king got it done this morning, stories and pictures Tuesday morning. In the stand now and burning up. But it's open so I got to hunt. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good