Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4652460 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Life is good
« Reply #13950 on: October 01, 2016, 08:54:29 am »
Yes
Every bit will get used in some way. Harvested is what my dad called it and dressing them as opposed to Gutting them.  I get a Pic of the one I Havested last nite, later today

I'm guessing Jimmy found his way to the Farm once season opened, correct?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 09:20:42 am by Smag »
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline iowabow

« Reply #13951 on: October 01, 2016, 09:46:56 am »
Great pictures Shawn, glad you made it home safe. It's Friday and you know where I am headed as soon as I can get out of here, you guessed it , the Cabin. Got a few things in the shop I want to do and also 3 deer to cut/wrap and put away, may even cook some of the fresh inner loins for supper. I plan on hunting this evening and Saturday, maybe even Sunday morning early. :-\ The weather has finely cooled and looks to be a good weekend, the White Oaks have finely started to fall here and with the beans turning brown the woods should be very active in the Oaks and persimmons . Hope yall have a good one also. :) Glad the site is back up, I was going through withdrawals.  ;) :) Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
The site went down....ok I thought it was my phone going crazy.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13952 on: October 03, 2016, 04:36:42 am »
Had a great weekend, not many pictures, spent to much time is the woods. Did manage to get a whiskey flash finished and another side quiver ready to use if needed. Here are a few pictures. The first picture is the trade point found and recovered out of the off shoulder, waste not want not, It will be put back in service, also the start of my new whiskey flask. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13953 on: October 03, 2016, 04:44:34 am »
Get the end fitted on the flask and of course my girls. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13954 on: October 03, 2016, 04:47:35 am »
After the ends were fitted I put a bee's wax and paraffin mix sealer and finish on it, also sealed the inside before installing the end with the same mix.  :) Sure don't want ant whiskey leaking out. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13955 on: October 03, 2016, 04:50:26 am »
A new set of arrows Dan gifted me, very nice work, thanks Dan. Whiskey Flask finished with a hemp lanyard. I also made a lanyard for my new side quiver Jon made for me. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13956 on: October 03, 2016, 05:00:12 am »
The young/kind of young and getting older, nice mixture of ages hang around TwinOaks and I think that is a very good thing. ;) I cleaned the blood of my arrow used last weekend and after recovering the trade point out of the shoulder and a little re sharping I put it all back together and looks good as new, ready to go back to work for me.  ;) :) The rest of the weekend was spent in the woods, no deer but did see several, they just didn't want to come close and play, ;) the season is early and weather not the greatest so I am really looking forward to what the rest of the season holds in store. Hope yall had a good one also. :) Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #13957 on: October 03, 2016, 06:24:22 am »
Looks like another good weekend there Pappy. It is really nice that up have such a range of ages and such an active group. I really like your primitive deer management sign I've been thinking of doing something like that myself. Maybe less people would stray onto my hunting grounds if they knew what I'm trying to set up.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline chamookman

« Reply #13958 on: October 04, 2016, 04:34:52 am »
As always, thanks for sharing Pappy ! You need to get a St. Bernard to carry one of those flasks around  :laugh: - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13959 on: October 04, 2016, 04:47:56 am »
I  may put one around Sally's neck Bob. ;) :) Sister is going to have a shock collar around hers in a day or so, it came in yesterday, I am going to see if that will help keep her home or at least come when I call. ;) :) Didn't hunt yesterday and probably won't again until Friday, got lots of honey do's piling up, Miss Joanie said it was time to close the pool and one last yard mowing, Then Friday is Beau's birthday so we plan on celebrating on Thursday evening, he is headed to watch the Packers play football in WI. on Friday,[ long drive] so he and Christina will be out of town for a few days, also still cutting and wrapping deer meat. ;) :) busy, busy.  ;) I did take a little time to start another powder horn and also another side blow horn. ??? I hope to get back after them deer by the weekend, it is supposed to really cool down after this week. :) That will make it nice, no sweat and no skitters. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #13960 on: October 04, 2016, 09:45:12 am »
Yes, it's going to be good Friday-Sun I think. Will be four or five hour sit both Morn and Eve's for this cool push. I have had some really good deer to 15yds. Passed this good 4x4 only because there was a nice 6x5 in White Oaks that went by me fast. May have to Harvest that guy if he walks all around me while I have not even pulled out a tree stand yet. Nothing beats going eyeball to eyeball with a big deer on ground. I don't get the same jolt out of the tree stand but will pull it out soon. You really know quick if yer scent control procedures are working on ground.

Will try to stop down mid day Friday Pappy. You prolly be hauling deer out woods?
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline bubby

« Reply #13961 on: October 04, 2016, 01:34:27 pm »
Pappy you have those powder horns down , maybe it is time to build something to use them with😃
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13962 on: October 05, 2016, 04:45:37 am »
Ya that is just what I need to do bubby, another time consuming hobby.  ;) :) No fun at the cabin yesterday, had to get Miss Joanie's pool closed. :( Cutting and wrapping meat today and then back to my routine. :) My shock/training collar came in yesterday for Sister, can't wait to try it out and see how she like that. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DC

« Reply #13963 on: October 05, 2016, 03:39:23 pm »
Don't let Miss Joanie get her hands on that collar or you'll find youself doing even more chores ;D ;D ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13964 on: October 06, 2016, 05:35:01 am »
Ya DC I though about that, I told her yesterday I need to test it out and ask her if she would volunteer , I thought she need a little training after 43 years I wanted to see if I could teach an old dog some new tricks, >:D  she didn't think that was funny at all. ??? ;) :D :D So now I need to be careful. I just hope Sister is back when I get there today, she ran off again  yesterday while I was there cutting up deer meat and hadn't returned when I had to leave, man, I just don't what I am going to do with her if I can't get this under control. Heck the yots may have got her last night and I guess then I won't have to worry about it anymore.  ;) This collar I got is supposed to reach out 1,000 yards and will knock the crap out of her is I want it to,[right this moment I do ]  >:(  so just maybe I can get some sense into her with it.  :-\ On a good note I got about 90 lbs of cleaned and boned deer meat/steaks/roast and stew meat wrapped and in the freezer and 6 shoulder also cleaned and wrapped and in the club freezer just waiting for the TN. Classic feed. We need about 25 shoulders for the Classic so that is a start. ;)
 Pappy
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good