Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4652516 times)

Offline paulsemp

Re: Life is good
« Reply #13965 on: October 06, 2016, 06:05:43 am »
I only have one regret on using an e-collar and that's not starting sooner. It's by far the best off-leash control tool for training. My dog actually loves wearing it. She knows when she puts it on that she gets Freedom as long as she behaves. Just as correction on a leash has to be perfectly timed the same goes with the e collor. Honestly I think I've only shocked my dog a couple times. It's a great tool for a dog that likes to think and do as it pleases more than you'd like it to

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #13966 on: October 06, 2016, 06:10:49 am »
By the way I got a brother-in-law that thought it would be funny for me to shock him. At first I didn't want to but then I said what the heck and I turned it all the way up and I watched a 240-pound man Drop like nothing. It's definitely great entertainment when everyone's been sucking a few too many down

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13967 on: October 06, 2016, 07:59:18 am »
Thanks Paul for the encouragement, also the good laugh this morning, I needed that, ;) I can just see him now hitting the ground and thinking why did I try that !!!!!  ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #13968 on: October 06, 2016, 08:25:30 am »
Pappy did the collar come with any video or tips on using it? Dose it have a fake shook collar to? They are very effective tools but there's a lot of little tricks to using them.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13969 on: October 06, 2016, 09:01:55 am »
It came with a few tips , no it didn't come with a fake collar but that is a great idea. I just hope she made it home last night so I can see if this will get her under control.  :-\ She is great most of the time , but then in a flash she decides to leave, you can't take you eye off her for a second. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #13970 on: October 06, 2016, 09:12:03 am »
I haven't had a dog in 18 years sometimes I really miss one, but sometimes they can be a pain. I had a coon hound that nieghbors gave up on was dumber than a box of rocks. I got a collar and it had tips for using it. They were very helpful but can't remember them all. You might try looking on you tube seems like there's allways something about everything on there. They work good but you can have a bad effect if used improperly.
Bjrogg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13971 on: October 07, 2016, 04:52:07 am »
Friday and headed to the cabin when I get away from here, Sister showed back up yesterday and I got to try the collar out. Only vibrated it a couple of times, she is always good for a day or 2 after a bad run off. ??? ::)  We will see how she does today. It is going to be hot today and then cool off for the weekend so I  Plan on some hunting Saturday and maybe this evening if I am in the mood :-\  and a little shop work, I have a side blow horn and another powder horn in the works and am getting in the mood to finish tillering 3 bows I have ready and at low brace, other than that just a laid back weekend. Today is my son Beau's birthday, 31 years. ;) :) :) We took him out last evening for Cat fish and had a great meal and time spent with Him and Christina. ;) :) We also have a Baggett family reunion Sunday evening so it will be a busy weekend for me. Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. Life is Good.
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #13972 on: October 07, 2016, 08:38:52 am »
Have a good one Pappy, I'm sure you will without me telling you but enjoy your family reunion it's always good to stay in touch
Bjrogg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13973 on: October 10, 2016, 04:36:48 am »
Very nice weekend, I didn't get much hunting in but had a great time around te shop and at the family reunion. BigA /Jimmy and Will all made meat, BigA and Jimmy both got nice does and Will got a Button Buck yesterday, so them boys won't be going hungry this winter. ;) :) Had Dan [Jon's brother ] Grant and Little John stay there Friday night and Saturday so you know we had fun around the fire. Here are a few pictures of the goings on. :) Powder and side blow horn in the works and also Back strap sinew drying, got to love that stuff. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:16:56 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13974 on: October 10, 2016, 04:39:23 am »
Meat all cut and cleaned and ready for Miss Joanie to wrap and put in the freezer. Sister with her new shock collar, it worked out pretty good, she is a quick learner. :) Mouth piece put in my side blow horn.
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:17:54 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13975 on: October 10, 2016, 04:43:06 am »
Sally and Sister just taking it all in. End plug fitted to my new power horn. By boiling the horn for about 20 minutes you can get a very nice fit. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13976 on: October 10, 2016, 04:46:00 am »
Making the end cap, I pinned it from the inside. Dan's new bow rack, very cool and Jon made me up another side quiver from an old snap on quiver I have had hanging around for years. :) Thanks Jon. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13977 on: October 10, 2016, 04:49:45 am »
Some of Jon's knife blades. Jon's brother Dan shows up for the weekend. End caps and pouring spout put on my new powder horn. :) It is starting to take shape. Little John gifted me and old Turkey call he found at a yard sale, very cool how it works. Thanks  Little John. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13978 on: October 10, 2016, 04:53:03 am »
Jon working on a new bow string. Then supper, back strap/dogs and Taters on the fire. Little John work on cleaning an old 50 cal. barrel he bought at the yard sale, turned out very good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13979 on: October 10, 2016, 04:56:34 am »
Not good for me Saturday morning, high in the back at 4 yards  :( Jimmy Blackman came in with a nice doe. Then some shooting on the practice range and Little John putting some stain on the Black powder Pistol he has been working on, it is looking really nice. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:20:01 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good