Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4633862 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #14340 on: January 17, 2017, 05:05:24 am »
Then MLK day Bill and Linda showed up, you can't keep her still so she decided to clean the fire pit. Bill working on a walking stick and me fitting the large end plug on my new Horn. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14341 on: January 17, 2017, 05:08:45 am »
Linda sanding some old chairs we have around the fire pit, she wants them to look good at the Classic. ;) J man may have not killed a deer but he done OK on the tree rats. Boiling my horn to fit the end plug, Made for a very nice fit. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14342 on: January 17, 2017, 05:12:12 am »
Fire pit cleaned, then we cut and split some wood , we used the young back we had there at the time, Bill and I aren't as dumb as we look.  ;) End plug fitted and brass plug ,pine pitch glued in and sealed. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:04:17 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14343 on: January 17, 2017, 05:15:57 am »
We decided we needed to repair some of the seats in some old chairs around the fire pit, so Bill and Linda went out and cut some dead Cedar, Bill and I made them into boards, I think they are going to turn out nice and last for a long time. That is it for this week. Hope yall had a great one also, I know I really enjoyed it. ;) Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14344 on: January 17, 2017, 07:21:13 am »
Great pictures Pappy thanks for sharing them. Looks like a busy spring at twin oaks.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #14345 on: January 17, 2017, 07:26:08 am »
It's  good to see your your enjoying your retirement,hopefully I'll be there soon. That horn is looking good are ya going to scratch something on the outside?
Bone
Venice Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14346 on: January 17, 2017, 08:21:12 am »
Ya we are going to be busy BJ, Roger I have tried that on a couple and just don't quite have it down yet, patients I guess  ??? and the real problem that I can't seem to find a solution for is how to hold the crooked things while I am working on them. I have tried all kinds of shimming and forms in my vice but just when I think all is good they slip, and for carving that is not good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #14347 on: January 17, 2017, 02:16:33 pm »
One of these days I am gonna have to come see for myself!

Offline chamookman

« Reply #14348 on: January 18, 2017, 04:35:28 am »
Glad to see that Beagle 'Aint gettin' spoiled  ;) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14349 on: January 18, 2017, 05:07:27 am »
Love to have you Ben.  ;) I don't know why I always do that Bob,[spoil them] but I always seem to. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14350 on: January 18, 2017, 08:24:45 pm »
Pappy, you spoil a bunch of us, not only the dogs.   ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14351 on: January 20, 2017, 04:42:17 am »
I try Pat, sometimes I fail but I do try. Friday and big weekend planned, supplies cam in for the kitchen rebuild so we will be busy working on that. The concrete is suppose to be poured today but with all the rain I really doubt it will get done, no matter lots to do in the old part. I also hope to get some time in the shop and probably will before and after Kevin [our project manager]  ;) :) shows up and leaves. ;)
Hope yall have a good one, see ya Monday. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #14352 on: January 21, 2017, 03:57:33 am »
Pappy - I remember seeing a picture of a Guy working on Horns and He used a canvas bag filled with rice to lay the Horns on while working on them. It would "mold" its self slightly around the Horn while working on it. Hope that helps - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14353 on: January 23, 2017, 04:31:02 am »
That is a great Idea Bob, so simple a cave man ought to have been able to figure that out. ??? ;) :) Joe York is sending me some tools to work with so I will give that a try. Great weekend, we got a lot done in the new kitchen and concrete is going to be poured today so we are in hope to get it all framed/insulated and wired by the end of next weekend. Coming along nicely so far. I also had some time in the shop to piddle around and even a little time for some shooting. Here are a few pictures of the fun. The the old chair all finished up for around the fire also 2 powder horns in the works, 1 large and 1 very small. Running out of horn so the small one came from the solid stub end off a big horn, I hollowed it out and it seem to work fine. :) It will make a nice little pistol horn and hold 500/600 grains of powder. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:06:09 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14354 on: January 23, 2017, 04:32:55 am »
Small horn and my Girls doing their thing. :) The supplies showed up for the Kitchen refurbishing. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:07:18 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good