Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4654712 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #14550 on: March 06, 2017, 04:45:22 am »
More of Josh and his buddies and  more kitchen work. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14551 on: March 06, 2017, 04:48:36 am »
Kitchen still in the works. Had a couple of young men show up that love to flint napp and can't wait for the Classic to meet some real nappers. The oldest is pretty good already.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14552 on: March 06, 2017, 04:51:34 am »
Some of the young mans work and Gun Doc and his buddies break out the big guns for some target shooting. ;) :) Glad we put in a shooting berm.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14553 on: March 06, 2017, 04:54:48 am »
Gun Doc showing off his shooting skills and guns. Some more of the young mans napping skills. That is it for the weekend, can't wait till the next.  ;) :) :) I think Eddie is supposed to come in next week so I feel sure that will be fun. ;) :) Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Josh B

« Reply #14554 on: March 06, 2017, 06:56:09 am »
We can't thank you enough for the hospitality Pappy.  I'm pretty sure the crew will be talking for years about you and twin oaks.  Most of them have never met someone with your generous nature and were in near disbelief when I told them what to expect when they got there.  You made believers out of all of em....well about that part anyway.  lol!.  They all made it home and were chattering like magpies about how much fun they had.   We haven't seen each other since 1993 , but we fell into the old camaraderie like it was yesterday.  Thank you for that Pappy.  Josh

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14555 on: March 06, 2017, 07:35:00 am »
Looks like that young'an doesn't need to wait for "real knappers". See you Friday.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14556 on: March 06, 2017, 08:02:46 am »
You are welcome Josh, I really enjoyed meeting and getting to spend a little time with them. Maybe do it again next year. Eddie see ya Friday, what time you flying in ???  and yes I thought he was doing very good also, he just don't seem to think he is.  :-\ Lots of A sides showing in the case, B sides are down. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14557 on: March 06, 2017, 01:04:56 pm »
I think I hit the ground in Nashville around 9 AM.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Parnell

« Reply #14558 on: March 06, 2017, 02:05:06 pm »
That young feller's points look good to me!  Looks like it was a nice weekend. 

Must have been a real trip to see your buddies after that much time, Josh. 

The improvements are impressive and I'm excited to read ya'll are putting in a blacksmithing area.  I got my first forge working out back on Saturday and am trying to kick my learning curve in.  Told Keith Syers (Wildman) about it and he is very excited.  Pappy, he was going to ask you if he could set up a small smithing demonstration at The Classic this year.  Keith's buddy, Brian Noland and his son will be attending their first Classic this year.  Brian's a heck of a nice guy, met him last summer and stayed at his place on the eastern side of The Smokies.  He's a smoke pole maker and smithing guy.  Looking forward to it all.  We'll be seeing you soon.
1’—>1’

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #14559 on: March 06, 2017, 05:21:39 pm »
Pappy, kitchens lookin real good, Hope that young knapper makes it to the classic and Pappy tell him all points have a B side just some more obvious than others. :KN Had to laugh to myself at your Blacksmith roof, lots of them up here flat as a pancake from early heavy wet snows, 2 ft of the wet stuff will test them, looks like we are headed for and early spring here, dang redwing blackbirds are all ready back, sure sign of spring. Wonder what they were thinking yesterday morning a nice calm 6 degrees at sunrise. See ya in about 8 weeks. Bob

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14560 on: March 06, 2017, 09:49:32 pm »
Looks like things are getting closer to normal Pappy.
Josh sure glad you got chance to get back together with your buddies.
Pappy that young knapper is doing great. I see a Decatur in that collection as good as any in the point of the month. Hope he keeps letting you post some pictures, he has a lot of years ahead of him to improve to
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14561 on: March 07, 2017, 04:03:20 am »
Thanks, I will tell him, and yes he will be at the Classic Bob. 2 foot of wet snow might get it down for sure , but I have lived here almost 65 years and ant seen that yet, the way the weather is I ant saying It won't , but never has this far.  ;) We still like a few things on the kitchen and hope to get most of them finished up this weekend. The Black smith shop will only set in place but not up and running by the Classic, probably use it for vendors this year. To many other things that Have to be finished first. We have some pretty good plans for it but for this year it will just be another roof to get under in case of rain  ;) surly it wouldn't rain at the Classic.  ::)  Steve that will be fine for him to do a demo, we will just have to figure out where. We have had some smiths from time to time and everyone always seems to enjoy that.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #14562 on: March 07, 2017, 08:04:18 am »
I love the classic never rains or snows, ahh maybe a little rain to keep the dust down :o ;D Bob

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #14563 on: March 07, 2017, 08:32:54 am »
Just catching up on my Life Is Good reading.  Holy guacamole!  The kitchen looks great!  Can't wait to use it.  Blacksmith shop?  When will I have time to make bows?  Getting real geeked for The Classic.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #14564 on: March 07, 2017, 09:56:35 pm »
Looking good Pappy

Josh good to see ya had a god get together

sure wish it was not so far down there
take care y'all
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society