Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4633589 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #14565 on: March 08, 2017, 04:07:43 am »
Me also Guy, love to have you just come and hang out, maybe when I retire we can do that sometime. ;) :) I started the process of moving back in last evening, that is going to take a while, also will take a while to get use to where everything is put away.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14566 on: March 10, 2017, 04:05:54 am »
Friday and man did we have a storm last night, 70 yesterday and calling for Snow Saturday evening and down in the 20's, strange weather for sure. :-\ Anyway I am headed down as soon as I can get away from work, lots to do to get ready for our event next weekend and also the Classic. Eddie [Mullet] is supposed to be coming in about 9 or 10 this morning so I am sure we will have fun, may put him to work. :-\ I put some beans in soak yesterday evening and laid out a Venison back strap so we should eat good if nothing else. ;)  I hope to get all moved in the new kitchen this weekend and have it at least close to finished. We will have some tweaking to do with hangers/shelves/trim and such but at least we will be able to use it. Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. :) Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14567 on: March 10, 2017, 09:19:20 am »
We had a small piece of that storm come through between 3am and 4 with lots of bright lightning and thunder but only about 1/2" of rain.
Pappy, be sure you get all this bad weather out of the way before the end of April, although a bit of snow for the Classic might be cool.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #14568 on: March 10, 2017, 10:25:18 am »
Pat, I always load my tent wood stove in the truck headed for the classic, Ya just never know, have dryed out some gear over the yrs with the wood heat , One yr in particular Ryan O had his stove and we could have made a fortune drying out wet sleeping bags  (R (R (R, Bob

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #14569 on: March 10, 2017, 10:29:36 am »
Pat, I always load my tent wood stove in the truck headed for the classic, Ya just never know, have dryed out some gear over the yrs with the wood heat , One yr in particular Ryan O had his stove and we could have made a fortune drying out wet sleeping bags  (R (R (R, Bob

What kind of tent wood stove do you have? I'm in the market.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14570 on: March 10, 2017, 10:54:17 am »
Look at the little stove Clint made for his shop. That would be a good stove for your tent.
 Bob, the years we had lots of rain a way to dry cloths and sleeping bags would have been good.
 Is Ryano coming back this year?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #14571 on: March 10, 2017, 11:26:40 am »
Amateurhour, I have a 12' X 12' pyramid tent and I bought a 2 dog stove and have been  just toasty at 15 degrees, Nothing like dry cloths, soxs and mittens to start the morning off. Pat , not sure if Ryan O gonna make it or not. Need to talk to him. Bob

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14572 on: March 12, 2017, 05:52:12 pm »
I was sitting at the airport in nashville this morning when Ryan told me on Facebook he will be there. :OK

And it started snowing at Twin Oaks Saturday morning at 5:30, and then again around 3:30 down in Columbia when I was headed back up there. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14573 on: March 12, 2017, 10:38:31 pm »
We had 3" of snow last night and this morning but it was all gone by mid afternoon. Later this week we are going to get real cold(lows in the teens) and maybe have ice to follow. Hardly had a winter at all this year and now 2 weeks before spring we finally get it.   (S)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #14574 on: March 12, 2017, 11:06:13 pm »
Ya Pat....gonna confuse the heck outa the Spring Peepers 😄... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14575 on: March 13, 2017, 04:47:31 am »
 That is good news Eddie about Ryan. Ya it is supposed to be down in the low 20s mid week and then warm a little over the weekend. Had a great weekend, really enjoyed my time with Eddie and his buddies, very good people.  :) Hope they enjoyed it also. Got a few things done around the shop such as clean up but most of the weekend was spent getting stuff back in shape around the club from the winter/kitchen build and getting ready for our event this coming weekend. Here are few pictures of the progress. Bill is getting pretty good at chasing rings. Sister on the prowl. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14576 on: March 13, 2017, 04:52:33 am »
Sally of course. Some gifts from the North and west, thanks Bob/JW much appreciated. Never seen any strings like the ones Bob sent they will go in my old school collection and the honey from JW is excellent and will be enjoyed at the Classic, well most of it will. >:D My work bench cleaned and all my tools put away from a long winter of horn work. ;) Jon just about has the arrows ready for the Classic plaques. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14577 on: March 13, 2017, 04:56:12 am »
Eddie and Romeo show up Friday evening and then Saturday morning wake up to snow, they haven't seen that in a while. We dines on Deer back strap/taters and brown beans and ham. Yum Yum.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14578 on: March 13, 2017, 04:59:34 am »
Then to the kitchen, looking pretty good, still have some tweaking and trim work but at least it is up and running. Little John showed up, who said it's cold, ::)  that boy is tough and Allen showed up with a new knife he and GregB are making for the raffle table at the Classic. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14579 on: March 13, 2017, 05:04:27 am »
Everyone went in different direction getting stuff back up in Shape. Jon and his son put the handles on the new cabinets and Dan worked on the out side of the pavilion. Kevin work on the drive and filling in where we dug for construction. The others worked on the inside plumbing and getting the drains and sinks working. It all came together pretty good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good