Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4652944 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #14655 on: April 04, 2017, 08:43:31 am »
Thanks guys, much appreciated, can't wait to see yall also. Here is a better picture of Dave's Turkey.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Stringman

« Reply #14656 on: April 04, 2017, 08:58:55 am »
Looks great, Pappy. As well as useful!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14657 on: April 04, 2017, 09:16:45 am »
We'll have to pack a lunch just to get around that kitchen. Everything looks great. Can't wait to see it all in person and the guys and gals that helped put it all together.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14658 on: April 04, 2017, 09:07:28 pm »
Wow! everything is really shaping up. Nice bird, Dave, did you call it in?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14659 on: April 05, 2017, 04:02:35 am »
I am sure he shot it out from under someone Eddie. ;) :) :) Thanks guy I think you will like the improvements  when you see them live.  :) Lots of touching up and tweaking to do over the next few weeks but we need to shift our focus to getting ready for the Classic, less than a month till we will have guests and good friends showing up so we need to get ready. :) Scott , read you article in PA, very well written and sound like yall had a blast, very nice job. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #14660 on: April 05, 2017, 12:39:20 pm »
Tell ya what, A family of Beaver's aint got a thing on you boys. Looks outstanding, I woulda stopped down but hunted all weekend with a fella who came down from KY at my place.

I went down to the farm in Adams where I hade spied some really A1 old growth Ironwood up about 200 ft on a bluff above the Red while hunting in fall. I got to thinking that other piece my be suspect. Anyhow's, got a prime large straight log 8-9" wide 120". Will bring down Thurs or Fri to split. Take the stave you want Pappy.
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14661 on: April 06, 2017, 04:05:41 am »
Thanks Shawn, I won't be there until Friday evening mid afternoon, Had a very close uncle pass and have to go the visitation today and funeral Friday at 1. He was my momma's younger brother by 2 years. There was 15 kids in her family and this is number 7 gone on to meet their maker. :(  I Should be there by 3 or so Friday. Well my boys from AK. had a good hunt and are headed back home. 2 more down yesterday. I was hoping they could thin them down a bit more but they said they done all they could do. ???  John and Beau's Turkey yesterday morning, nice birds and super nice guys to be around.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14662 on: April 06, 2017, 07:30:12 am »
Glad to see them get a few. Those are two of the nicest guys I've met. Sure hope they make it back for the Classic.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #14663 on: April 06, 2017, 07:31:51 am »
Pappy, bunch of nice birds :G , Couple of yrs. back we had a real hard winter then 2 wet cold springs in a row (S) (R and then put a fisher behind every other tree and that will surely thin your birds out. I did see five jakes and some hens  on the edge of the yard the other morning, doing there spring thing. Bob

Offline HH~

« Reply #14664 on: April 06, 2017, 09:15:30 am »
Thanks Shawn, I won't be there until Friday evening mid afternoon, Had a very close uncle pass and have to go the visitation today and funeral Friday at 1. He was my momma's younger brother by 2 years. There was 15 kids in her family and this is number 7 gone on to meet their maker. :(  I Should be there by 3 or so Friday. Well my boys from AK. had a good hunt and are headed back home. 2 more down yesterday. I was hoping they could thin them down a bit more but they said they done all they could do. ???  John and Beau's Turkey yesterday morning, nice birds and super nice guys to be around.  ;)
 Pappy

That's a nice rope on that bird. I am sorry to hear about losing another family member my friend. I will see ya later Friday then. Go hunt early Friday then I reckon.
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Otis

« Reply #14665 on: April 06, 2017, 06:31:11 pm »
Just now getting a chance to get on here. Thanks for having me Pappy. It was a great weekend. The boys from Twin Oaks sure put in a hard day Saturday and got
a lot done.  Yes Eddie, I called that one in, didn't bush whack him or shoot him out from under someone.

The additions are more impressive in person for sure.  Looking forward to getting back down there in a month and seeing everyone that I usually only see at the Classic.  John and Bo said they are coming back to the classic Eddie.

Life was definitely good at Twin Oaks this past weekend.

David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14666 on: April 06, 2017, 09:07:07 pm »
LOL, I know, My friend, just teasing. I'm looking forward to seeing you, John and Bo. And, you are right, the TO guys have been working their butts off. I couldn't believe how big the kitchen was when I saw it a month ago.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14667 on: April 07, 2017, 04:08:10 am »
My pleasure Dave and thanks for the help at the club and home, you are a wiring machine. ;) :)
Friday and headed to the farm as soon as I get out of the funeral, Uncle Carrol was a very good man and has had a very hard time the last couple of years, he will be missed for sure.  :( We have several things planned for the weekend to try and tie up some loose ends on the construction and start getting ready for the Classic. Hard to believe it is less than a Month. Yippes, Guess we better get at it. :) Hope yall have a good one also. See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14668 on: April 07, 2017, 08:37:10 am »
Sorry for your loss, Pappy.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #14669 on: April 09, 2017, 10:02:14 am »
Wow, things are really taking shape!  You boys have really been after it. Hopefully I'll get by there at the end of the month. Sure looks good. They way things are growing, you'll be putting up a traffic light soon and have to hire Seabass Security full time.  :-M
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN