Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4651034 times)

Offline Outbackbob48

Re: Life is good
« Reply #14850 on: May 31, 2017, 07:42:23 am »
Pappy, would like to give Bill a great big  "Atta Boy" for his clean up of the Pit, looks real good  and needed a little make over ;D Quite a job shoveling that out and probably found quite a few treasure's. Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14851 on: June 01, 2017, 03:55:20 am »
I will tell him Bob, he is now the Pit boss  ;) :) He did fine some pretty good stuff as he raked it up,he found a bunch of obsidian that was left there several years ago brought from Utah by Justin Snider that use to be on here a lot, not sure how long ago but at least 7 or 8 years maybe more and Bill loves Obsidian. ;) You would have thought he struck Gold. ;) I got a little time in the shop yesterday and got my knot Osage out to 47@26 /some handle and shelf work done and ready to test fire this evening.  ;)Feels pretty smooth to draw , we will see how it flings an arrow this evening. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #14852 on: June 01, 2017, 06:46:48 am »
Pappy , I remember Ryan O telling me about Justin bringing a bunch of obsidian, it was the yr. before I started coming around, at least 8 yrs of material to go thru. Bill probably recovered enough tools to start a store, Half of them are probably Eddie's :o ;D Poor scouts ::) Bob

Offline HH~

« Reply #14853 on: June 01, 2017, 07:42:00 am »
Pappy

I Got that gnarly piece of hedge shooting. Those growth checks were really deep and the lower limb is rough but it shoots well 70" NTN. I bring it down tonite or tomorrow.
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14854 on: June 01, 2017, 07:56:40 am »
Probably won't be there tonight but will be there after 10ish tomorrow till Sunday morning. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14855 on: June 01, 2017, 07:59:08 am »
That was the year a lot of PA folks first came to the Classic. It was my first year. I think Justin brought a ton of obsidian...literally!  He brought 3 big logs from Marie's house back to Utah with him. Y'all remember Marie's ash?  :o
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14856 on: June 01, 2017, 08:22:46 am »
 Yep that was the year Pat, and Yep I remember Marie's Ash  ;) ;D ;D ;D Here we go again. >:D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14857 on: June 02, 2017, 03:41:16 am »
Friday and I am so ready, for a 4 day week it sure has seemed long. I am headed to the Cabin to get into who knows what. :-\  I did get my knot Osage shooting yesterday 47@26 and the grip wrapped, now I need to get the R/D Osage out to 35@ 26, it is 30@22 now, so it's very close, in case you were wondering this is for a very sweet lady. ;)I have several other things I would like to get done but nothing pressing, that is how I like it. Hope yall have a great weekend also. ;) Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14858 on: June 02, 2017, 01:51:15 pm »
Pappy , I remember Ryan O telling me about Justin bringing a bunch of obsidian, it was the yr. before I started coming around, at least 8 yrs of material to go thru. Bill probably recovered enough tools to start a store, Half of them are probably Eddie's :o ;D Poor scouts ::) Bob

You're probably right, Bob. I lost most of my tools that year and the boogers smashed all of my preforms. :-K :'(
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14859 on: June 05, 2017, 03:50:11 am »
Ya lots of History in that pit. :) Had another good and pretty peaceful weekend. Got in a lot of shooting and bow work. Had several down to work on bows and such so a good weekend all round. Bill's grandson doing some napping, I got my Osage to brace but really didn't like the hooks at the fads so I put it back on another form to take some of that out. ;) Also caught a Wren in my minnow trap, she wasn't very happy, in all the years it has hung there that has never happened before. :) :)She was sure happy when I opened it up and let her fly free. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14860 on: June 05, 2017, 03:52:20 am »
Back on the form. My knot Osage shooting, just needs a little handle work and a couple more staves in the works. Shawn showed up to work on some billets. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14861 on: June 05, 2017, 03:53:58 am »
John and Bill working on staring and Shawn chasing some growth rings, supper on the fire. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14862 on: June 05, 2017, 04:00:32 am »
Getting some coals ready for some grilling. Goffrey our 5th group guy just got back for all he would say was East, great to see him and have him home. Shawn laying out a bow and Garrett a young lad that wants to learn to build bows showed up for the day with a nice Yew stave I was helping him with, very nice young man.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14863 on: June 05, 2017, 04:03:18 am »
Bill doing some napping, Allen showed up and is working on a new Osage with some guidance from Shawn, and Garrett hard at it, he is a pretty quick learner. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14864 on: June 05, 2017, 04:07:31 am »
My 2nd Osage off the form with some of the fad hooks taken out, looks much better to me now. A swizzle stick I found, I cut all of them I see for walking sticks and such. My know Osage ready to be finished, it turned out 47@26 , just what I like. I may flip the tips just haven't decided on that just yet. Some tip over lays being added to my 2nd Osage. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 04:11:55 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good