Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609718 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #14940 on: July 03, 2017, 04:04:02 am »
Getting rid of the scraps. We saved any longer pieces to make Blue bird houses and other small projects. Big A/GregB and RP retired to the registration, they are working on spread sheet that will make registration easier for the IBO world, them boys are always thinking. We have a great bunch of guys, :) :) without them there is no way I could keep this going and I want to give them a huge thanks. ;) :) :) :) Sister found her a cool spot on her back in front of the big fan in the shop. :) Great weekend for sure. Hope yall all had a good on and have a great 4th of July and take a little time to give thanks for this great country we live in, nothing like it even with all that is going on, still Great!!! Happy Birthday USA.
Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #14941 on: July 03, 2017, 06:23:23 am »
The horns look good hanging there Pappy.  The shed looks great also.  I'm glad you got it put up.  I almost fell off that concrete drop off coming out of the shower tent late one night at the Classic. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14942 on: July 03, 2017, 06:46:10 am »
Looks great Pappy, yes this is a great county to live in. Glad you had a great fourth. We did here to. Relatives back home for a good visit, lots of good food and stories. Oh and fireworks to.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14943 on: July 03, 2017, 07:44:08 am »
Y'all were busy this weekend and the shed looks great! And that's a nice set of horns, too. I'm back at work today and off again tomorrow, seems kinda silly.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #14944 on: July 03, 2017, 10:27:40 am »
Don't get on here often enough but should.Things look great at Twin Oaks there.Staying busy is always a good thing.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14945 on: July 03, 2017, 11:04:12 am »
Everything looks great Pappy.  You better keep an eye on the Moose antlers. You know how those thieving flintknappers are.   (A)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14946 on: July 04, 2017, 05:41:00 am »
Yep I thought about that Pat. Hoping to bush hog some today / work on a bow till daylight and lay out some targets for the IBO shoot coming up. Y'all have a great 4th. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14947 on: July 05, 2017, 03:08:12 am »
Well it rained all day so no bush hogging, I worked on one of my Osage projects, got it looking good out to 29@18, 9 more inches to go. looking for 50@28  :) Then went home and had a great 4th with Miss Joanie, grilled steaks and fresh corn and some fine conversation over the meal. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14948 on: July 07, 2017, 03:40:23 am »
Rain Rain and more rain around here, we had a flood the last 2 or 3 days so lots of clean up to do around the cabin, we have a meeting /working Saturday and fish fry Saturday evening so hope to get everything back in shape, when you feed more seem to show up. :o ::) We plan on finishing the ranges and set up the vendor and registration areas, if we can get all that done the rest should be a piece of cake. I hope to get a little time in the shop to finish the tiller on my last of 3 Osage bows, I want to have it at least shooting by the IBO so I can surprise the guy I am making it for, we will see. :-\ Hope yall have a good weekend , see ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #14949 on: July 07, 2017, 09:50:33 am »
Looking forward to seeing your post on Monday pappy! Once again,  wish I could be there this weekend.  But its the last weekend I have to get ready for mojam.  One of these days.....

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14950 on: July 10, 2017, 03:47:54 am »
What a great weekend, we got a lot done, all the ranges set, 95 targets not counting the 10 for the shoot down, also vendor and registration tents set and all the tables in place, a little bow work and shooting and topped the evening off with a fish fry. Hard to bet a weekend like that. Here are a few pictures. :) Bill always finds a little time for napping and Chuck is always good for a few laughs. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:39:33 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14951 on: July 10, 2017, 03:52:46 am »
Allen working on his new Yew bow and mine did get a string and out to 34@21 but that was about all the progress I made on it, we got Allen's ready to shoot. Then to the work around the club, registration set and ready to go. ;) :) It takes 3 different areas for the IBO World and Hunter Challenge. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14952 on: July 10, 2017, 03:55:48 am »
Map up, vendor tent ready and the shoot down targets and practice bails all staged and ready to set after the last mowing on the 17th. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14953 on: July 10, 2017, 03:58:34 am »
Our wall finely complete with some Mule deer added, now all we need is a goat and maybe a Ram. :)
Then we stared prepping for the Fish fry. :) Everyone was hot and tired but doing a fish fry is very relaxing for most of us. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14954 on: July 10, 2017, 04:00:34 am »
More prep work, the new kitchen and things we have added really make it nice and easy to pull stuff like this off and clean up is a breeze. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good