Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609397 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #14955 on: July 10, 2017, 04:03:23 am »
After a nice Prayed of thanks from Miss Joanie to our maker the meal begins, we had several of the wives show up which is always enjoyable. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14956 on: July 10, 2017, 04:08:24 am »
GregB , always up for a good meal.  ;) The Boss keeping me straight . ;) I think everyone really enjoyed it after a long hard/hot day and got plenty to eat. ;) It is great when we can all come together and just kick back and enjoy the fruit of our labor. ;) :) :) Hope yall had a great weekend also. :) :)   Life is Good :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14957 on: July 10, 2017, 05:52:21 am »
Looks like another great weekend Pappy. Good idea feeding everyone after the work is done. After eating a big spread like that I just wanna take a nap.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline chamookman

« Reply #14958 on: July 11, 2017, 02:41:51 am »
Lookin' GREAT Pappy  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14959 on: July 11, 2017, 03:33:59 am »
Ya Bob it was a good time. I hear ya BJ, I like a good nap that is for sure. Hard work/good friends and good food is hard to beat.  ;) :) Wished some of you guys were closer so you could come and enjoy with us. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #14960 on: July 11, 2017, 01:25:02 pm »
Looks like a very productive weekend pappy! Sure wish I could smell that food through the screen!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14961 on: July 14, 2017, 03:52:41 am »
Well it's Friday and I am headed to the cabin in a little while, I will be there from today through the 24th July except for a few hours for Church on Sunday. ;)We are hosting the 9th IBO Traditional World next weekend as most of you know and have lots left to do to be ready. Also have some friends coming in early in the week so it should be a great time. Hope to see some of you there but if not I will see ya back here on the 25th of July with pictures of the fun. :) Have a great weekend and next week. :) :) :) Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14962 on: July 14, 2017, 10:15:01 am »
Have fun Pappy and say hey to all for me.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #14963 on: July 17, 2017, 08:45:00 am »
Lookin good there Pappy and crew 👍... I was hoping to make it to the IBO again this year but lookin more and more like i will be stuck in Detroit over the weekend... Take care and have fun... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline BDan

« Reply #14964 on: July 17, 2017, 10:39:51 am »
Pappy,I'll be rolling in about Noon Thursday, bringing a pot of pheasant stew for Thursday night. See you then. BDan

Offline seabass

« Reply #14965 on: July 17, 2017, 08:19:30 pm »
The new shed is looking great guys.i wish I could make it down but it's not in the cards.Pappy tell everyone I said hey and have a good time.try to keep goob in line if ya can
Middletown,Ohio

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14966 on: July 24, 2017, 10:02:06 pm »
Hope y'all have a good shoot. I'm heading home from Idaho in the morning but flying back on Monday. Tell Rocky and the guys I said Hi and it looks like I'll have to retire next year to make it up.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14967 on: July 25, 2017, 09:20:47 am »
It went really well, hot but all turned out fine, no one got down so that is a good thing. Had about 315 in the Hunter Challenge and 233 in the IBO World side , some shot both and some just shot 1 so total folk to shoot was around 400 ,another great success for us. Only had 29 in self bow but that was up a few from last year so I am OK with it. Not the Classic but still a very enjoyable event. I will have some pictures up in a day or so , as soon as I catch up here at work. :)now off to Elm Hall MI. this coming Monday. ;) :)Yep Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #14968 on: July 25, 2017, 09:48:45 am »
I will have some pictures up in a day or so , as soon as I catch up here at work. :)
 Pappy

You won't have to say that much longer.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline GlennM

« Reply #14969 on: July 25, 2017, 09:56:52 am »
Anybody from Twin Oaks headed to ETAR/Denton Hill this year?  Davey and I are leaving on Thursday morning. I have a bunch of quivers, knives, and Yeti cup holsters for he swap blanket.  Always a good time.  Weather is always interesting in the area of PA.  Should be interesting.  We were talking of plans for a Christmas Hunt this year last weekend.  Hope everyone stays healthy so it plays out.

Glenn