Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4651492 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15015 on: August 08, 2017, 06:31:05 am »
Enjoyed every minute I was there Pappy, just wish I'd had more minutes. Thanks for the hospitality, have to check out the pickin and grinin next time. Nice pictures, even somehow made me not look to bad. Rocky and his friends were good people, it took most of 15 seconds to feel right at home.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline HH~

« Reply #15016 on: August 08, 2017, 06:45:15 am »
Looked like a great time with great folks. Bet that cool weather was nice for burning fire and sleeping.

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #15017 on: August 08, 2017, 08:35:56 am »
Looks like a lot of fun pappy! Im glad you got some down time!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Otis

« Reply #15018 on: August 08, 2017, 03:58:21 pm »
Great pictures.  Hated to miss the shoot this year but, man's got to do what a man's got to do.  Dan, Dewayne and Michael sent me pictures after they showed up and during the weekend.  Trying to make me sad.  I know the boys did a great job as always.  Hope nothing happens like what happened this year keeps me away again.  Again, thanks for the pictures Pappy.

David

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15019 on: August 09, 2017, 02:50:16 am »
Great Pics Pappy - Wish I could have made it over to see Yall ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #15020 on: August 09, 2017, 02:56:38 am »
Ya I was hoping to see you also Bob, ;) Dave hope all is going well with you and the family now. Yall been in my thoughts and prayers. I finely got most everything unpacked and back in it place , so back to normal around the cabin. Now I need to start bush hogging and getting some stands set for the quick coming deer season.  :) We have 1 more event for TwinOaks so the season is coming to a close pretty fast as is my working career. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #15021 on: August 09, 2017, 01:22:45 pm »
Just catching up on here, Pappy.  Congratulations on hitting the milestone on this thread and, again, thank you for having me during the IBO.
Lots of great pictures.  Elm Hall looks like one I'll have to try and make some year.  Be thinking of you all in the upcoming weeks...lots of milestones!

Best wishes,

Parnell
1’—>1’

Offline Otis

« Reply #15022 on: August 09, 2017, 10:59:29 pm »
When is the target part of the Deer Classic Pappy? May try to make it down there for that weekend and pay my rent doing the wiring for the new target shed.  Let me know and if I can get down there I will try to do it.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15023 on: August 10, 2017, 04:33:48 am »
 It was my pleasure Steve, anytime.  :) and yes you would love Elm Hall. Dave It will be Sept. 8th. Love to have you down. Come on down Friday if you can get away  :) Got back on some horn work yesterday. I got about 7 or 8 all cleaned out and ready to decide what I want to make from them. I need to finish a couple or 3 bows I have almost complete but for some reason the horns were drawing me yesterday. :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #15024 on: August 10, 2017, 04:12:12 pm »
Won't be able to make the shoot Pappy.  Just found out from Debbie that's the weekend they are doing her Dad's memorial service. Sorry about that.  If you guys don't do it before I come down for deer season, (if you let me come) I'll do it then.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15025 on: August 11, 2017, 03:15:33 am »
No problem Dave, Still thinking of yall. Friday and I can't wait to get to the cabin, got lots to do. Still putting away stuff from the trip . Also we are taking down the Hunter Challenge range in the morning and short meeting. It is also getting time for some scouting and stand set up along with bush hogging I will be pretty busy. Hope to have a little time to shoot and even maybe some shop time. Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15026 on: August 14, 2017, 03:18:39 am »
Great weekend, not to hot, just right. We got a lot done to get ready for winter at the Club and had a little time to shoot, set up the shooting tower/bow and horn work and just some plane out fellowship. Hard to beat that. Here are a few pictures of the fun. Some horn and antler work. Prepping them for some later projects. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15027 on: August 14, 2017, 03:21:37 am »
More horn prepping, sometimes the center bone comes out easy and sometime like in this one they don't. I have found that most times if you tap the sides light with a wood mallet they will come loose, sometimes you just have to drill and keep working with them and they can be a real pain. Sally picking up the scraps. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15028 on: August 14, 2017, 03:25:31 am »
Sister also. ;) :) GregB /Little John and Garrett stayed around after the target pulling and clean up work to do a little shooting. Will gifted Garrett with a snake bow and I have the sister to it so we got them both out for some shooting. Folks that think character bows won't shoot ought to shoot this pair. ;) :)
Also Garrett brought a Yew stave that needed some tweaking. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15029 on: August 14, 2017, 03:28:31 am »
GregB and Garrett just hanging out and the Yew stave on the form. Eddie do you recognize this arrow, we found it in the top field above the Cabin ???? Looks like one of yours to me. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good