Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4652703 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15195 on: September 27, 2017, 02:31:22 am »
Thanks guys, yep Paul I love kids for sure, just hope Margaret Ann will turn out as sweet as yours has ;)Not so soft with grown ups sometimes ??? but kids, you just got to love um. :) 2 more days, WOW hard to believe. ;) :)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #15196 on: September 28, 2017, 04:44:00 pm »
Best of luck on the next chapter of your life. May it be filled with much joy, laughter, and heavy blood trails.

Glenn

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #15197 on: September 28, 2017, 07:37:19 pm »
She's a sweet heart for sure
enjoy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15198 on: September 29, 2017, 02:18:22 am »
Thanks Guys, much appreciated, and yes Guy she is. Glen I hope to see you in December and we can take up one of them blood trails. Well it's Friday and I am at work as usual, but this will be the last time I can say that. I have my office almost set up at home so really look forward to doing the morning thing from there, maybe just not as early. I thought for my last Friday I would share the email I sent of to all the folks I work with just so some  of you here[my very good friends] can see how I have some mixed feeling about this. This is a great place to work and I will miss these folks deeply, but as they say life moves on. :)
    Email to the owner and friends I work with   : Mr D : this will be my last email from this office and just want to give you a big thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with sure a dream team for all these years, it has been a real blessing for me and my family and I wanted you to know how much I have appreciated it. Can’t many people say they have worked for a man for 36 years and never had a cross word, thank you for that. I have been able to raise a family and give them a good life because of you and this job, all they needed and most of what they wanted, again thanks.
   John: it has been a real pleasure working with you over the last 15 years or so, you are a class act for sure. Your door has always been open and always seemed to respect what I had to say. You gave me a wider perspective and insight on whatever matter we were discussing , your response usually was if we need it to get the job done then get it, got to love that. Thank you for being that guy. Most all of the 36 + years I have been here have been great but the last 15 or so have been the best.
    GFD 3rd : As you know it has always been a pleasure working with you. I have known you most of your life and have come to enjoy or time spent in work and other like interest we have away from work. I consider you a very close friend. You have always treated me with respect and I hope my advice and opinion over the years have been of some value to you. You have a great son coming up , just keep up the good work with him and he will grow up to be a fine you man. You know where I am so come by and see me from time to time.
   Les/Vicki/Stephanie/Donna/Alice/T dog : What can I say except you all are the best. I will have to say in all honesty if I have a weak suit it is in the things that you do and you have always without any complaining helped me through the mounds of paper work [at least for me ]  that has to be done in the job I do. Never a cross word in all these years and it has been very much appreciated. Thanks you all and I will miss you greatly.
    As for the others on this list that I haven’t mentioned you name , believe me it is not from a lack of appreciating your friendship and help over the years. It has been my  honor and privilege to work with you, a man couldn’t ask for a better bunch to work with. All very good at what you do and have made this company and my job much better. Thank you all for that. I will miss you all and consider you all very good friends .
   We that about does it for me but I want all of you to know I have enjoyed the ride and if you need anything at all please call, I should have plenty of time on my hands. My cell # will stay the same but of course my email will change [pappy1952ct@yahoo.com] call or sent me a message if you need me. I will be in touch from time to time but plan on spending most of my time with my new Grand Baby/on the farm/in my shop or in the woods, I have no major plans just doing what I do !!! Hope all you have a great life, I know mine has been blessed for sure. I will be here tomorrow the 29th September for a while and will try and get around and see some of you before I leave  but wanted to get this out today while it was on my mind.
    Thanks again all for a lot of good years.
Mark Baggett
Retired/Det
  Life is Good. ;) :) :) :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15199 on: September 29, 2017, 02:36:44 am »
Very nice Pappy - a lot of class  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline HH~

« Reply #15200 on: September 29, 2017, 07:22:04 am »
Well said Pappy. I will see you later today or tomorrow. Like you were saying it will take awhile for all this to settle in. It is for awhile like you lost something or you cant put your finger on it but slowly becomes the norm. I think you have a few things to keep you busy as well. In a bit you'll wonder how the season went by so darn fast.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #15201 on: September 29, 2017, 08:00:06 am »
Congratulations, Pappy. Enjoy your retirement. At least now you have plenty going on in your life to keep you out of trouble.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BrianS

« Reply #15202 on: September 29, 2017, 08:28:11 am »
Mark (Pappy),
I've never met you but I read and enjoy your posts here. My friends at Hawkeye speak highly of you. I am not much of a Traveler and do not venture all that far from here but I have the feeling if we ever were to met in person, we would get along real good. Best wishes in your retirement and thank you for taking the time to post here so Guys like myself can get a glimpse into the doings at Twin Oaks.
Brian

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #15203 on: October 01, 2017, 06:53:08 am »
Have been "out of pocket " for over a week..

Congratulations Pappy... You have been busy.
New Grand Daughter ( You always wanted a Girl ) and Retirement!!!!

Life is Good
David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15204 on: October 01, 2017, 05:33:07 pm »
Enjoy, my Friend. I'm taking some pointers from your email, I'm not far behind you and I've been where I'm at for close to 35 years, too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15205 on: October 01, 2017, 06:27:43 pm »
Thanks guys, I am doing a picture test at the house to see if my set up will work. If it works I will be back in the morning from my home office ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Stringman

« Reply #15206 on: October 01, 2017, 07:16:02 pm »
It worked. Now let's see what time you get up in the morning.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15207 on: October 02, 2017, 06:05:11 am »
Good morning, went to bed at 10 pm and slept in till 5 am , well I was up and down but laid there till 5, that's my plan so we will see how that goes over the next few months. Had a great weekend, no deer for me but did get o skin one and skull cap 2 so getting warmed up for what I hope is to come. ;) Here are a few pictures of the fun. ;) Osage bow finely finished and Margaret Ann's bow ready to have Miss Joanie do her withing thing on it. Sister with her first leg of the year and Bill doing some horn work.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15208 on: October 02, 2017, 06:07:36 am »
Bill stil working on his Horn, Shawn working on a nice piece of Elm it should make a great bow. Another spoon from Case. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15209 on: October 02, 2017, 06:10:43 am »
More horn work and more spoon work, Case brought me some hedge apples I plan on potting this winter.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good