Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609790 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15210 on: October 02, 2017, 06:15:54 am »
Sally just resting, Margaret Ann's bow getting some sealer over the snake skins. A new knife project I started and a couple of skull caps cut out and all cleaned up, They get the horns I got the brains. ;) :) :) Hope yall have a good one, I am headed out to see how it feels to have to be anywhere I don't want to or do anything I don't feel like doing. ;) ;) We will see how that goes. :-\
 Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #15211 on: October 02, 2017, 08:31:06 am »
Enjoy Pappy, youve earned it... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline DC

« Reply #15212 on: October 02, 2017, 10:11:13 am »
Just treat every day like it was a weekend Pappy. Don't even think about work. That way lies misery ;D ;D ;D

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15213 on: October 03, 2017, 02:32:15 am »
Best of luck trying to change Your sleep pattern Pappy. I've been off for four Years, and no matter how late I stay up, I still wake up at 3:00am. Have learned not to fight it - just get up start the Coffee and jump on-line. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15214 on: October 03, 2017, 04:30:40 am »
Ya I am trying to get some kind of schedule, been staying up later, almost made it till 10 Sunday night and almost 9 last night so it's getting better. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15215 on: October 03, 2017, 05:17:29 am »
Pappy we sold our milk cows in 1992. I still wake up early almost every morning. Like Bob said just enjoy it. For me it's kinda my time. If I don't have to rush off to work it's nice to start out the day in low gear.
It's a true blessing to have a job you enjoy. It's even better to have one with people you love to work for and with. Sure glad you had both and it's obvious you appreciated it.
I'm sure you will adapt to retirement well Pappy. You don't seem to me to be the type that will sit around with nothing to do.
I'm sure that granddaughter will take some time. You know it's ok for GrandPappy's  to spoil them just a little. Really happy for you.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15216 on: October 04, 2017, 04:09:14 am »
Thanks BJ , and yes I have plenty to do, I am just such a routine guy most of the time it is just going to take a while to figure out what that new routine is.  ??? ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #15217 on: October 04, 2017, 11:32:28 am »
See yer still up at nite. Got to get that Circadian Cycle back.

Hot as all get out in stand. deer are pounding the whites and cut corn after dark. May sit it out til cooler weather. If we get any?
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15218 on: October 05, 2017, 04:39:14 am »
Yep been hot for sure, I have just been hunting the mornings and fooling with other stuff in the afternoon, if fact that is where I am headed in a few minutes.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #15219 on: October 05, 2017, 02:40:54 pm »
To hot fer whitetail huntin. Specially ones that got a ton of fat on them already. Just don't wanna move.

Hunted Post this morning. Deer move great til about 0730 then it was dun. I have seen about my 25 raccoon in just a few days. They are everywhere eating up acorns. Saw five this morning. I come down Friday since it'll be poolside hot anyhow.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15220 on: October 06, 2017, 04:08:41 am »
Friday and headed to the cabin in a few minutes, may try and hunt a little while this morning but just to hot to stay in a stand long. I have had a pretty good first week of retirement but can tell it is going to take some time to get the swing of it. My schedule is all screwed up, just trying to get use to being able to do what I want when I want. Hope yall have a good one , see ya Monday. Life is Good, very different but still Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #15221 on: October 06, 2017, 05:28:19 am »
I have a feeling you'll get used to it. Good luck with hunting hope it cools down a bit for ya.
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15222 on: October 08, 2017, 07:14:00 am »
Good Luck with everything Pappy. I personally wouldn't fight changing your schedule to fast. I'd just find something relaxing and enjoyable to make that your time. I'm sure you'll slowly adjust to others schedule. It's been pretty warm here to. In fact Sept and October have been warmer and drier than June and July. I have been having some really great close encounters though when I've gotten out. Have to say it's been about the most fun hunting I've ever had. Sure hope you can have some good close encounters of your own.
Happy Hunting
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #15223 on: October 08, 2017, 07:52:45 am »
Friday and headed to the cabin in a few minutes, may try and hunt a little while this morning but just to hot to stay in a stand long. I have had a pretty good first week of retirement but can tell it is going to take some time to get the swing of it. My schedule is all screwed up, just trying to get use to being able to do what I want when I want. Hope yall have a good one , see ya Monday. Life is Good, very different but still Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Yeah, retirement is tough  ::) , but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it :)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15224 on: October 09, 2017, 06:40:14 am »
Ya I am working on it Del,but still feel like I am just on vacation. Had a good weekend with lots of hunting and working around the shop. No deer but did get Margaret Ann's bow finished and another one for me Tillered out, also a knife ready to put some sealer on. Here are a few pictures of the week. The girls are loving me being there most everyday, all day. The scales for the knife are Persimmon burl I cut 6 or 7 years ago and just sawed it up a few weeks back.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good