Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650016 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15225 on: October 09, 2017, 06:42:57 am »
Also burned some leaves around the place, you got to stay on top of them or they become a lot of trouble to get up if you wait and do it all at once. GregB came down and decided to make a bow, been a while and love seeing him back at it. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15226 on: October 09, 2017, 06:45:28 am »
GregB , being shy of the camera, Shawn showed up to work on his Elm bow. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15227 on: October 09, 2017, 06:49:52 am »
The rain finely stopped and the good Lord gave us this beautiful view.  :) The second picture wasn't to good but it is a double rainbow. Not sure I have ever seen one before. The rain has stopped here from the Hurricane so I am headed to the farm this morning to see what I can get into, still very hot and humid around here so I an not hunting for a day or 2, just hanging out and doing who knows what. Hope yall had a good one. Life is Good.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15228 on: October 09, 2017, 07:29:30 am »
Hey Pappy I'm sure Del is right, I don't have any experience with the retirement thing yet. I'm pretty sure it's ok to do absolutely nothing and enjoy it though. Like the rainbow and I can see the double one. Just curious if you or anyone else has seen one from airplane. I was flying my Cessna 150 just snooping around and saw one over the lake. From that altitude they are a complete circle, pretty cool and something I definitely  remember every time I see a rainbow 🌈
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #15229 on: October 09, 2017, 02:55:02 pm »
Nice looking knife, Pappy. That persimmon burl sure is pretty.
 You'll figure out the retirement thing, I'm sure.
We had 6 1/4" of rain from the hurricane and heavy winds last night and lots of hot humid air today. I can hardly wait for fall.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15230 on: October 10, 2017, 02:28:13 am »
Thanks as always, and Happy Dogs  (=) :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15231 on: October 10, 2017, 02:51:35 am »
Yep the Bob the girls are loving it, Pat I am not sure I have it figured it out yet, still seems as if I am just on vacation, sleep is still the problem, :-\  up at 1am this morning and just couldn't go back to sleep,got up, made coffee , read for an hour and got on PA, may try and hunt this morning before te next rain storm comes in and hopefully a cold front. Stayed up till 9pm and thought that would help, thats late for me, and skipped my nap yesterday ;) thinking that might help also, guess it will just take some time. Work on my home shop yesterday getting it cleaned out so I can use it and then on my in closed trailer that I haul all my camp gear in, cleaning and reorganizing and also checking out all the equipment [tents/stoves/lanterns]  to be sure it all still works , didn't know I had so much stuff,so I am staying busy. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #15232 on: October 10, 2017, 04:32:45 am »
I know the drill Pappy. It's been 4 years+ and I still have the sleepless nights, but getting better. I have learned to get a nap during the day sometimes when that happens. I am hunting more so far this year but that has been a struggle since retirement. Priorities change and you can get yourself lost in the shuffle, I guess. Folks can seem a lot more needy and I forgot that recreation time has been and is important to my well being. It is all good! Muggy here but I'm going to sit in a tree a while anyway. Headed that way soon.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #15233 on: October 10, 2017, 05:16:58 am »
Pappy, that persimmon burl looks great on that knife. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #15234 on: October 10, 2017, 08:30:16 am »
Pappy, you are facing a double whammy, retirement and old age. I worked shift work and was the lightest of sleepers, anything would wake me up. After I retired it took me a while to sleep all night like regular folk, then came old age. All us folk around 70 sleep poorly, I sleep like a log for 4 hours then toss and turn and cat nap for the rest of the night. After 4 hours my assorted aches and pains from doing dumb stuff when I was younger get the best of me, there is no way I can get comfortable and sleep soundly. All my friends are the same, when we get to gether we all complain about our sleep problems.

When I go several days without near enough sleep and start waking up at 3:30 every morning, I medicate to keep me asleep to break the cycle, benadryl is my friend. In extreme cases Ambien is my friend but only on rare occasions when nothing else works. My last prescription of 30 pills was filled in 2014 and I still have some left.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15235 on: October 10, 2017, 12:46:10 pm »
My sleep pattern is like yours, Eric. I start waking up around 3:30 because my knee, neck or shoulders start hurting. Or my hands start going numb. After that I can't sleep in one position long without the cycle started with one of them. A glass of wine and an All Day pain relief has been helping lately.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #15236 on: October 10, 2017, 01:36:56 pm »
I'm pretty good with sleep generally, except for the getting up every 5 minutes for a pee :-[.
I find the Yoga count the breaths in and out helps, stops me thinking about all the other stuff which is had to block out sometimes.
If that fails I imagine it's a hot day in a stuffy office in one of those irrelevant meetings that go on... and on and zzzzzzzzzz :)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15237 on: October 11, 2017, 04:35:30 am »
I hear ya Eric, I have not slept over 4 or 5 hours in a row in a long while anyway so that is nothing new, just need to stay up later and not get up at 1 or 2 am , made it till 8:30 lat night. ;) :) :) :) Been getting a lot of clean up done around my shop and got my camper gear and trailer trailer all put back together Yesterday. Not sure what today holds yet, guess whatever I want. Thanks Clint , I got a coat of sealer on it yesterday and plan on another today. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #15238 on: October 11, 2017, 11:45:12 am »
  Having the same problem since I retired 5 years ago. 4 hours sleep is a good night. A few months ago my aches and pains and sciaticca started acting up to the point I couldn't lay down without the pain being so bad I had to get back up. I got back into some physical work each day and that seemed to take care of the aches and pains and helped a little with the sleep. When you body is used to hard physical work it doesn't respond well to a sedentary lifestyle. All in all I am loving retirement, just wish I could sleep more.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15239 on: October 12, 2017, 04:06:29 am »
I hear ya Steve, as they say if I had any idea I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself. ;) ;)  I am sure I will get use to it, up before 3 am this morning but headed hunting anyway, so pretty cool not having to set an alarm. :)
always looking for the bright side. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good