Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609419 times)

Pappy and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15300 on: October 31, 2017, 03:43:34 am »
More tiller work. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15301 on: October 31, 2017, 03:45:48 am »
Dan shows up for a visit and then some shooting. Chuck keeping the fire going, felt good Saturday. ;) Girls are tired after a long day. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15302 on: October 31, 2017, 03:50:04 am »
A buddy of mine brought his rack over for me to rough score 130 inches, we won't talk about what he killed it with :o ;) :) O Well
to each their own. Then the youth scored, J man [ Tommy's grand son]got a nice little 9 point and Megan[ Michael daughter] got a 5 point. Proud of them kids, they are really good kids for sure. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15303 on: October 31, 2017, 03:54:49 am »
Then supper, venison soup, yum and the elm bow off the form and looking good, just need a little more drying time. :) Hope yall had a good one , I know I really enjoyed it. Now to the shower and back to the woods, It is supposed to rain tonight and all day tomorrow so I plan on staying most of the day. ;) Life is Good. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15304 on: October 31, 2017, 04:27:09 am »
Thanks as always Pappy ! Love seein' the Kids with their Deer  :OK - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #15305 on: October 31, 2017, 08:27:07 am »
Great weekend.. Thanks for the pic of the hide scraper.. In the process of building one..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15306 on: November 01, 2017, 06:22:43 am »
Raining this morning so I slept in till 4am ;) :) I didn't see but 1 doe yesterday, hard to figure how you can go from 12 doe and 4 bucks 1 day to 1 doe the next in the same area, o well that hunting. :o  I am going out this morning when the rain stops, supposedly about 8 or 9 for some mid day hunting, don't do that much, but what the heck I got the time. ;) :) Looks like rain on and off for the rest of the week so if I want to hunt I will just have to plan around it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #15307 on: November 01, 2017, 07:46:02 am »
Same here at camp in KY.  Rain on and off the rest of the week.  Stix and I have seen lots of deer early in the week too but yesterday just one small buck between us.   We think with the moon out and no cloud cover the deer moved at night.
DBar
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:08:00 am by Danzn Bar »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline HH~

« Reply #15308 on: November 01, 2017, 07:53:39 am »
Pappy

Had that big buck I saw the other day jump in the creek right in front of me. He must be a deer that pushed in here for doe patol because he jumped in a pool that was about 10 foot deep and swam across. Thought I was gonna get a shot when he came out and shook off. Instead he climbed up bank and dove in the river cane and commenced to tearing up a sapling in it. Wind changed and swirled and away he went into deep cane. Funny watching that big head and rack sticking out the water going across.
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15309 on: November 02, 2017, 03:32:35 am »
It dose seem to be a little slower here sometimes but I think it is I am just not in the right place at the right time. When I guess right it is fast and furious. :) Must have guessed wrong yesterday, went to the stand at 9am and came out at dark, weeeeee what a long day. I bumped 2 going into the stand and then did not see anything until 4:10 pm. I seen a doe with a nice basket 8 after her , then a little later seen a single doe, about dark seen a buck moving by his self at about 60 yards down a fence row and bumped another buck of some kind going out. So to say it was slow where I was would be correct. ;) :) :) O well maybe today. It is going to be 75 with south wends the rest of the week so just well get use to it. Michael, some of yall that come to the Classic know him, got his first Traditional buck yesterday, he has the farm leased that joins me. He went in at 11am and shot the buck at 12 noon. I told him, now that is how it is supposed to work. ;) :) Anyway nice buck, small rack but 125 lbs . Congrats Michael , now get out there with that self bow. ;) I am headed to the woods, see yall tomorrow with maybe some stories. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #15310 on: November 02, 2017, 01:20:21 pm »
Way to go Mike. That'll eat right well.

Gittin er dun.
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15311 on: November 03, 2017, 04:37:23 am »
Friday again !!!!! Was planing on hunting but it is hot and stormy here till mid morning so I am hanging around at the house till daylight and then headed to the Cabin for who knows what ;) :) Dave O [Otis] is coming in for the weekend/Beau is coming down mid day to hunt and also have the Boy scouts coming in this evening for the weekend so it should be a great time. Looks like the weather is going to be warm and windyfor the weekend, not a good opener for the smoke pole boys [hate it for them]  ;) Then next week more storms early in the week and turning colder, can't wait. Hope yall have a great weekend also. ;)
Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15312 on: November 03, 2017, 01:06:07 pm »
Congratulations, Michael and a big one to the young Lady and young Man. Always good to see the young ones hunting with sucess. I talked to Dave this morning and he was sure looking forward to getting there Pappy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15313 on: November 05, 2017, 03:11:03 pm »
Great weekend, had Dave in from IN. and about 40+ Boy Scouts down along with Jon and some of the regulars down to vist. Sister got a good work out also to top the weekend off. :) Here are a few pictures of the fun. The girls are loving me being retired. Some chain saw work to get ready for wood cutting, the wood pile is looking pretty sad. :( ;) ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15314 on: November 05, 2017, 03:15:29 pm »
Tommy had a knee replaced and was bored and came to visit. Shawn doing some gun repair.Dave O shows up and also Jimmy
  killed a deer and I helped him get it skinned and boned out. Good seeing him, hadn't seen him much since he retired. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good