Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4648363 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15315 on: November 05, 2017, 03:17:56 pm »
Jimmy's buck, Beau showed up for his first hunt of the season and killed a nice doe, lucky rascal. Sister done well on tracking it. The the scouts started showing up Friday evening. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15316 on: November 05, 2017, 03:20:42 pm »
Got to start them young.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15317 on: November 05, 2017, 03:22:35 pm »
The scouts set up a nice camp and seemed to have a great time. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15318 on: November 05, 2017, 03:24:46 pm »
Beau/Christina and Margaret Ann came down Saturday evening for the big cook out we were have. My girls just plane worn out. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15319 on: November 05, 2017, 03:26:55 pm »
The scouts built some shelters that they had to stay in Saturday night to earn a badge on primitive shelters. They turned out nice. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15320 on: November 05, 2017, 03:31:57 pm »
Then we had a big cook out Saturday night, everyone pitched in and it was a real meat fest. Top top it off BigA got a nice Doe Sunday morning and needed some help with the track, Sister came through like a champ. Congrats A , Nice doe. That dog is really coming along and almost worth the trouble she has been to raise. ;) :) :) But I love her just the same. Hope yall had a good one. I know I really enjoyed all of it. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #15321 on: November 05, 2017, 04:09:49 pm »
Looks like an excellent weekend. Congrats to the hunters and that fabulous tracking dog. Beau, Christina and Margaret Ann make a beautiful family.
Looks like the Boy Scouts had a great, educational weekend.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15322 on: November 06, 2017, 02:11:46 am »
Thanks Pappy - great place for the Scouts  :OK . Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Otis

« Reply #15323 on: November 06, 2017, 04:12:32 pm »
It was a great weekend as always at Twin Oaks.  Thanks for letting me hang out Pappy.  The meal Saturday was outstanding.  Weather was a little warm for a Yankee like myself but, can't control that.  Got to see several of the members and some horse thieves from across the river.  Looking forward to getting back down there.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15324 on: November 07, 2017, 03:50:27 am »
Enjoyed it also Dave, hope you can make it back soon. Yes Bob the Scouts seem to love it there. Thanks Pat I will pass the complement along to Beau and Christina. :) Looks like rain is stopping so I am headed to the woods. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15325 on: November 07, 2017, 08:04:13 pm »
Looks like you should have some Southern blood heading your way around Sunday. Chris' youngest daughter gets married Saturday and the last UI heard they were heading your way. I think I heard they were bring some kinda of comtraptions with wheels on them, too. ::) Looks like you guys had an outstanding weekend and wish I was heading up also but I have to be realistic this time. I'm getting paid so have to listen to the insurance companies this go around.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15326 on: November 08, 2017, 06:39:33 am »
I hear ya Eddie, take care of yourself and maybe you can make it down later or at least in the spring. ;) :) Had a long day of hunting yesterday and decided to take today off. Sit from an hour before daylight until around 11, then took a short break for lunch and back in the stand until dark, [ Cold /windy and mist rain all day] Burrrrr, chilled to the bone. ;)  seen nothing but Coons and squirrel's until about 15 minutes before dark, pictures and story later. ;) Got a text from Linda [Gary Davis's girl friend] Gary killed a nice 4 point yesterday morning in MI.So the old guys doubled up , as as you already know, we ant trophy hunters. ;) :) Gary's with and Osage and I assume a PO cedar with an Ace 160, mine with Osage is King and a Ash shaft and 200 Ace, man what a hole that leaves.  ;) Also Sister is quite the asset , she done great, never missed a beat.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15327 on: November 09, 2017, 02:36:27 am »
Good job Guys  :OK. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15328 on: November 09, 2017, 06:26:47 am »
Thanks Bob. Got mine skinned and boned out yesterday, planning on cutting it up and also grinding Beau's doe tomorrow. Miss Joanie wants steak/stew meat and roast out of mine. ;) that is 3 for me and she said that will do us for the winter and I can make brats or what ever I want if I blessed enough to kill another one. ???  Mighty nice of her. :-\ Not sure yet but may be headed to the farm this evening for a week, Little John and Beau are coming in for the weekend and Chris and Shane are rolling in Sunday evening from FL. I was hoping Eddie could make it also but with his surgery , he ant up to it yet. He will be missed for sure but probably for the best that he don't come. :( I wasn't planning on going to stay until Tomorrow but what the heck, got nothing else to do. ;)  Ya know every day is now Saturday and then Sunday. ;) :) :) I think I am liking this retirement thing. ;) :) Hope yall have a great week and weekend. ;) Life is Good. (SH)
 Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #15329 on: November 09, 2017, 07:02:10 pm »
Sweet
Good to see the old guys getting it done
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society