Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650139 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15435 on: December 17, 2017, 05:10:19 pm »
Then the support team came in to split and stack.  ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:57:49 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15436 on: December 17, 2017, 05:12:16 pm »
Wood pile looking very good. Then to the shop where Greg and Shawn are working on a pair of bows. 1 Osage and 1 Elm. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15437 on: December 17, 2017, 05:15:15 pm »
Little John showed up to hang out and do some work on his Black powder stock. I also made a special screw driver for Woody, it is for taking the blade off his saws and he is to tight to buy one. ??? Then loading logs, Woody is going to mill them into planks. Nice walnut for sure. :) The tractor sure makes life much easier. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:59:38 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15438 on: December 17, 2017, 05:19:30 pm »
Got the logs loaded with out a problem. Shawn flipping tips on his Elm bow. and also some fancy dancy grip work. ;) :)Little John staining his gun stock with some of my home made Walnut stain. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15439 on: December 17, 2017, 05:22:15 pm »
Garret showed up with A Matt W. Bow blank he wanted help on the tiller so we did some of that Saturday evening and just some resting and relaxing around the fire. Kevin had fresh ribs in the smoker for supper. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 05:01:43 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15440 on: December 17, 2017, 05:25:22 pm »
I get home Sunday morning to find all my parts had came in for my Kobota, so I guess I know what I will be doing this week. Putting my baby back together. Yep great weekend and got a lot done. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15441 on: December 17, 2017, 09:55:31 pm »
Wow, what a weekend. Can you save me a chunk of that Popular?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #15442 on: December 17, 2017, 10:07:13 pm »
How did you get by all those years without that front end loader Pappy?   ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Badger

« Reply #15443 on: December 17, 2017, 10:08:58 pm »
  Pappy, how much can you lift with that tractor?  You guys did get a lot of work done.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15444 on: December 18, 2017, 02:46:30 am »
Lookin' good Pappy  :OK - wood pile last a bit  :laugh:  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15445 on: December 18, 2017, 05:20:13 am »
Sure Eddie, how big a piece do you want ?? Not sure Clint , but it is very handy for sure. Don't know what weight it will lift Steve it's a 75 horse tractor and these logs were pretty big and cut at 10 feet long and it didn't even raise the engine at all lifting them. The main thing I have found it you are lifting something heavy is keep it low, almost turned it over with a big load of dirt in the bucket raised up high. :o ;) :) I have spread all the wheels since then so it is much more stable now but I still keep the load low. ;) Ya Bob we have enough to do us for the year now and still have 1 more large tree to cut so we are in good shape. It takes a lot of wood for us, between us burning a fire most of the time when we are there and all the camps at the Classic it takes a lot of wood to run a year.I am headed to the farm in a few minutes to check on the girls and a few other things and then back to work on the Kobota, I really miss that thing when it is down.Don't relize how much I use it until it is down. ??? Yall have a great week.Christmas is almost here and I can't wait, love this time of year and as a bonus I have all my Yankee buddies coming in the 26th, that should be a hoot.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #15446 on: December 18, 2017, 02:12:51 pm »
Looks like you guys got a lot of work done this weekend.  You will be surprised what a tractor that size will do.  Normally the limits you will find is not the power of the tractor its the hydraulics.  I see you bought the tire and wheel sets for your kabota,  funny how its cheaper that way than just buying new tires. 
Sure is a beauty of a Walnut! You wouldn't by chance have about a 3 foot section with the crotch on one end of it would you? If you do I would be interested in it.  Im trying to find a piece to make a stock for my black powder rifle. 

Here is a picture of one I slabbed out a sealed up the other day for my old model 94 winchester 30-30 lever action. Beautiful stuff!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15447 on: December 19, 2017, 03:51:26 am »
Yep seen some pieces like that in the mix I will pull them out for later projects.  ;) Yes it is funny about tire prices, wheel and tire around  $130.00 each, just tire close to 170.00 and then you got to mount it.  ;) Got it all back together yesterday and road tested, all good , no leaks/no noise so i will get it back to the farm tomorrow. I plan on hunting this morning and then cut/grind and wrap some deer meat. Yesterday was a full day and looks like today will be the same. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #15448 on: December 19, 2017, 07:33:56 am »
     I bet you are wondering all the hell you got it all done when you were working full time. Having the time to do your own projects instead of working for a paycheck is very motivating.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15449 on: December 19, 2017, 08:06:45 am »
Mark, a piece about a foot long will work for me. Thank you.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?