Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650327 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: Life is good
« Reply #15450 on: December 19, 2017, 10:54:55 am »
Enjoyed those pictures Pappy.  Looks like you've got the right weather for that type of work.  That tractor looks very nice...it'll get it's use!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!
1’—>1’

Offline HH~

« Reply #15451 on: December 19, 2017, 03:03:36 pm »
Indeed, Merry Christmas.

Get out and start cutting staves to put up :-)
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #15452 on: December 20, 2017, 05:11:54 am »
How big Eddie, and question ? What are you planning on doing with it ? Yes Steve it is nice to be able to do what ever strikes you fancy each day. I am trying hard not to wast the day and try to at least get something accomplished every day. I can see where it would be very easy to let yourself just loaf around and do nothing, I am trying hard not to let that happen. ;) :) I have plenty to keep me busy but deciding each day what I want to get into is sometimes a problem. :-\  I decided yesterday to wait until today [raining all day today] to grind the deer meat, so yesterday evening I took out a big Elm tree that was growing in a bad place beside my garage at the house.[ not bow worthy wood] ;) :)  Got it down safe and all cut up into fire wood. ;) :) What I can't figure out is why I let it get that big, should have cut it when it was a sapling. Guess I just didn't have time before, now I do. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15453 on: December 20, 2017, 09:07:06 am »
A one foot piece would work for me, Mark. I was going to carve spoons from it, nice and soft.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15454 on: December 21, 2017, 04:15:18 am »
Cool, I will save you some Eddie, you want some walnut also ??. Got my meat all done yesterday, 35 lbs of burger saved for brats / 2 shoulders for the Classic and 2 full back straps for anytime I want something good to eat. ;) :) :) with nothing to do in the afternoon [pouring rain] I decided to start putting my old IH 140 tractor back together. I had the fuel tank/Carburetor/air filter system and starter and Battery off it for repair and rebuilding. I got it all back on and low and behold it started right up. It hadn't been started in over 8 years. I now have it in my shop ready to go to work on refurbishing it.Sweet little tractor, they just don't build them like that anymore. Good day for sure. ;) Now what to do today  :-\ I may just go Hunting. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #15455 on: December 21, 2017, 06:27:05 am »
Hey Eddie walnut spoons might make the soup taste a little nutty.  ;D  ???
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #15456 on: December 21, 2017, 06:28:37 am »
Looks good Pappy. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15457 on: December 21, 2017, 12:48:32 pm »
Hey Eddie walnut spoons might make the soup taste a little nutty.  ;D  ???
;D ;D ;D ::)

Pappy, if you could save me some stool and table leg size pieces, now that I could use. I'm working on a big table and two small stools. And, that meat looks good.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #15458 on: December 21, 2017, 08:12:02 pm »
Got some nice wood there for bunch of good projects
good on you Pappy for having the vision to set goals to charge forward with life everday
I think we have only begun to see what you are made of and what you will acomplishe
Merry Christmas my friend and thanks for all your going to do
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15459 on: December 22, 2017, 06:05:11 am »
Same to you Guy, hope you and yours have a blessed Christmas also. That goes for all my buddies on here. ;) :) It is a special time of the year for sure. :) Try and remember the reason for the season. :) I will do that Eddie, most of the walnut is in the wood pile but as I get to it I usually split out some of the heart wood and save so I should have plenty to share. ;) How long do they need to be ?? Friday and headed to the Cabin in a little while. Only for a day this weekend, got family gatherings Saturday evening Church Sunday and of course more gatherings Monday, ;) love these get together's, it is always nice to see family I only see once or twice a year. I had another deer gifted to me yesterday so I plan on skinning and boning it out today and get in the cooler before the weather turns cold tomorrow, then grind it Tuesday if all goes according to plan. Should have that done before the Yankee's invade the farm on the evening of the 26th. At least they were invited this time around. ;) :) :) :) :) Really looking forward to that. Great bunch of guys and always a good time spent with them in the woods/by the fire and of course in the kitchen. :) Hope yall have a good one also and Santa is very good to you. ;) :) :) Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #15460 on: December 22, 2017, 07:41:43 am »
Pappy, with as much meat as you process I'm surprised you don't have a vacuum sealer.  I got one this year and I love it.  The ziploc bags always leaked when I thawed them out.  The wife wasn't too happy when she found blood all over the fridge.  The vacuum bags are thicker and don't leak.  Plus they help with freezer burn.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #15461 on: December 22, 2017, 08:05:00 am »
If you do get a vacuum sealer get a commercial one. I have a Food Saver that is great for a few packages but when I have a lot of stuff to package I get out my Cabela's commercial sealer. The food saver is a toy by comparison.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15462 on: December 23, 2017, 07:05:44 am »
Yep I have a good one from Cabela’s also, but plan on using this meat for brats in a month or so, so seen no need to seal up to good. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15463 on: December 24, 2017, 08:37:55 am »
Merry Christmas all, headed to Church , then to a family gathering. In the morning Beau/Christina and of course our newest Family member Margaret Ann are coming over for Christmas morning, can't wait even though she is only 3 months old it should be fun, after that on the 26th headed to the cabin for a week with my buddies. Looking forward to that also !!!! Hope yall have a good one and a wonderful 2018. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15464 on: December 24, 2017, 09:42:08 am »
Merry Christmas Pappy to you and yours. I was Santa for a friends family gathering last night. I was a bit nervous before but I really enjoyed it. It was really special seeing the sparkle in the eyes of everyone young and not so young.lol. I might even do it another year.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise