Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649532 times)

Offline Buckeye Guy

Re: Life is good
« Reply #15495 on: January 04, 2018, 05:42:05 pm »
Good to hear all is well for you Bear
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #15496 on: January 05, 2018, 06:48:56 am »
 Bear good to hear, Guy stay warm, I know it's cold up your way. Friday and headed to the cabin, it has been a cold week for sure and I have been busy thawing pipes at the cabin/doing more insulation and trying to keep my girls warm. ;) I did have a little time in the shop this week to do some work on my camp hatchet/some work on my New Yew bow and also started another knife. :)  I plan on getting a big fire going this morning and spend some more time in the shop.Hope all up in the  N/E are doing OK and yall have a good safe weekend :) .Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15497 on: January 07, 2018, 04:16:58 pm »
Great weekend but very cold weekend for us. Once you get out in and stay a while and of course a good fire it wasn't that bad and I did manage to get some stuff done. I got my knife blade all filed to shape and tempered, also the scales laid out of Elk horn. Also got my camp ax ready for finish. I have 5 ready for that but got to wait till the weather gets better since I do it outside. ;) :) Also got my Yew bow shaped/all the rasp marks out and floor tiller ed / ready for knocks. Also had a deer gifted to me and Don killed 2 more so we got them skinned and boned out and ready to clean and grind for brats. ;)  So pretty busy. Had several drop by which surprised me as cols as it was , but didn't seem to matter to them. Here are a few pictures of the cold fun.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15498 on: January 07, 2018, 04:19:01 pm »
The scales for my new knife, GregB working up a deer  and my girls waiting on the scraps, Sister is getting fat as a pig this deer season. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15499 on: January 07, 2018, 04:22:27 pm »
Blade ready to temper, Seems I will be saving Walnut blocks all winter as we work through the wood pile, waste not want not, and some is just to pretty to burn. Bill showed up to work on his Osage bow and Garrett showed up and I gifted him a BL stave and he went right to work on it, that boy is hooked bad. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15500 on: January 07, 2018, 04:26:37 pm »
Linda jumped right in with the draw knife. Don's pair of does, I jumped in and helped and also done one for myself, only took and hour our so even in the cold. My blade all tempered,fire and oil, seemed to have a good temper now, ready to clean up and get to the finish work. Hope yall had a good on and stayed warm. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #15501 on: January 07, 2018, 04:36:58 pm »
Looks like its been fun...and cold!  Enjoyed the pictures and that t-shirt!  It seems like when the New Year hits The Classic is right around the corner...hope it’s the same this year.

Angie flies to Boston for another round of Eastern medicine tomorrow.  Gonna get her good and strong for 2018!  Lots of positive progress.  We send our best Pappy, as always.
1’—>1’

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15502 on: January 07, 2018, 04:45:24 pm »
Glad to hear she is doing well Steve, always pleasure to see yall, and yes the Classic will be here before you know it. We are already dealing with vendors and making plans.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15503 on: January 08, 2018, 02:37:56 am »
Thanks for the post - the Girls look real healthy  :OK. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15504 on: January 08, 2018, 06:14:13 am »
Yep Bob, they are getting plenty of protean right now.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #15505 on: January 08, 2018, 10:56:36 am »
Looking Good Pappy.  School was closed here Friday because the temps were -25-30 degrees.  It was like that most of the weekend.  Didn't stray far from the wood stove.  Warm up here this week.  Rain forecast for the end of the week.  It's amazing how nice 30 will feel. 

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15506 on: January 09, 2018, 06:46:04 am »
I agree Glenn, going to be in the 50's today and low 60's Tomorrow and Thursday, they back to 30's and low teens for the weekend. Wet and cold yesterday so I stayed in the new kitchen and ground venison . Ground up another 25 lbs, only 20lbs short of my gold of 100lbs for brats, guess I better get off my behind and try and do something about that. only 3 1/2 days left for doe only season and it's over for the year except for the late youth hunt this weekend and I am a little old for that. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DC

« Reply #15507 on: January 09, 2018, 10:22:19 am »
You're only as old as you feel Pap, although the game warden might have a different view ;) ;)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15508 on: January 09, 2018, 03:33:02 pm »
Great pictures, again. Gary will fit in no problem, plenty of Michigan people here. Tell him to ditch the tourist sandals a get a pair of Flip, Flops, tho. ;) (-S
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15509 on: January 10, 2018, 04:44:00 am »
Ya he would look good in flip flops. :-[ Headed to the woods this morning, finely quit raining so I am going out one more time at
least. Hope to see some does, they all seem to be together now so I will probably see a bunch or nothing. Be fun to get out either way. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good