Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4648005 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15525 on: January 15, 2018, 06:49:35 am »
Then back to the shop for some bow straightening and boiling of cow horn to make scales for some of our knife projects. :) GregB is making a bunch of knives and also a bow for BigA.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15526 on: January 15, 2018, 06:53:53 am »
Greg working on roughing in some knife handles. Walking stick finished and waiting on better weather to finish and seal. Made Miss Joanie a pendant out of the center of a deer skull, I am sure she will like that. :-\ ::) ??? O well,it's the thought that counts right. :) Hope yall had a good one also. I sure did. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #15527 on: January 15, 2018, 06:55:26 am »
I like the deer skull pendant. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline BrianS

« Reply #15528 on: January 15, 2018, 07:12:20 am »
Pendant is real nice. Never saw another one like it. Other projects look great. You sure keep busy. Good for you.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #15529 on: January 15, 2018, 07:22:48 am »
Looks like you all had a "cool" time!  >:D

Wish I had the energy to work out in the cold like that.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Otis

« Reply #15530 on: January 15, 2018, 05:18:46 pm »
Looks like you're in training for the trip up north Pappy.  Looks like a great time had by all.  Tell Miss Joanie Happy Belated Birthday.  Looking forward to seeing you next week.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15531 on: January 15, 2018, 07:24:09 pm »
Yep getting climatized Dave. :-\ ;) :) Funny it don't seem that bad once you get in it and stay in it a while, don't think I even went inside Saturday from about 6am till almost dark. :) More snow supposed to be coming tonight and 9 for the low then 19 for a high tomorrow and 6 for a low, warming up by the weekend they say into the high 40's. ??? My girls seem to be taking it in stride, at least I haven't heard them complain yet. ;) :) :) Put a fresh bail of straw and cedar shaving in there house today so they should be good to go. Got them a heated water tank and auto feeder also, so they are living high. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #15532 on: January 15, 2018, 08:02:29 pm »
Dang Pappy all that white stuff and low temp looks kinda Yankee. We been having lows of 5 or so every night so I froze some brains into a hide the other night . Should have let it thaw and freeze a couple nights but thawed it out and soften fairly easy. Bob

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15533 on: January 16, 2018, 02:00:48 am »
Always looks like a LOT of fun - thanks as always for sharing with Us all  (S) :OK Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15534 on: January 16, 2018, 07:59:48 am »
You are welcome Bob, glad you enjoy. ;)Wished you were closer so you could come out for some of the fun. ;) Ya Out Bob I am starting to talk with a Yankee brogue  ;) :) Ya I also need to get to work on some hides, I have a freezer full, maybe 20 or so, some fleshed and some not and also 6 or 8 in rawhide ready to brain. I need to get on them and plan to in the next few weeks, just been busy, you know how it is when everyday is Saturday. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15535 on: January 17, 2018, 01:46:39 am »
If I lived close Pappy, You'd never get rid of Me  (=) !
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #15536 on: January 17, 2018, 02:42:52 pm »
Pendant is nice, Pap.  Those pictures look down right northern!
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15537 on: January 17, 2018, 03:57:26 pm »
Wished you did Bob, love to have your company. ;) Ya I know Steve. We got 3 to 4 more inches yesterday and down to 0 last night,school has been out all week and closed again tomorrow. up to 14 today and back down to 6 tonight. Then it is supposed to warm up a bit by the weekend, ???  then it's going to get really sloppy I am sure. :) Been working in the outside shop with a fire and space heater blowing the last couple of days, not to bad once you been out in it a while,been debarking and chasing a ring on an Osage limb bow I am starting,just enough heart wood to make it if I don't screw up , pretty thin rings and lots of pins and knots so you really have to concentrate, that takes your mind off the cold I guess. ::)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15538 on: January 19, 2018, 07:29:57 am »
Well it's Friday and headed to the cabin for the weekend, i go everyday but something about the weekend is different. Got the Club's annual squirrel hunt this Saturday which is always fun and of course some shop work. The weather is going to be warmer, sloppy I am sure but we plan on working on the Target bails and set the practice range along with some general clean up. We are in the process of refurbishing the registration office so if it is to sloppy outside we have things to do inside. ???  Hope yall have a great weekend. ;) Life Is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #15539 on: January 20, 2018, 08:28:58 am »
Looking forward to a little squirrel hunting myself pappy.  Cant wait to see the pics on Monday.  Hunting squirrels with my dad is how I come to love the outdoors.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!