Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649206 times)

Greg and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15540 on: January 22, 2018, 05:09:36 am »
Had a great  week and weekend, went from nasty winter weather to beautiful spring like weather in a matter of a few days. Had 15 in the squirrel hunt, pretty slow but they still managed to kill 30+, so we have enough for a cooking in the next few weeks.
 Here a few pictures of the week, just beautiful the first part of the week, something we don't get to see a lot of in Tennessee. Need my old Dodge to get in and out from the cabin early part of the week. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15541 on: January 22, 2018, 05:10:50 am »
Me and the girls had a ball just wandering around in the snow.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15542 on: January 22, 2018, 05:15:12 am »
Just beautiful around the cabin, so peaceful. I got started on debarking and chasing a ring on a Osage limb bow.  :) Nice piece of wood, just lots of character and pretty thin rings, so I am moving slow on it. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15543 on: January 22, 2018, 05:18:15 am »
Greg showed up with some of his new knife work. I also got my Moccasins rubbed down and ready for use. The weather finely warmed up so I got a chance to seal the walking stick I have been working on, also sealed my ax's. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15544 on: January 22, 2018, 05:21:02 am »
Ax's all sealed up.  :) A man can't have to many ax's. ;)Woody showed up and gifted Brandon with one of his hand made mallets.
Very nice work and very useful. :) We are refurbishing the registration area, this is how we clean up, burn what you don't need anymore. ;) :) :) :) Plus the fire felt good. ;)
 Pappy.
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15545 on: January 22, 2018, 05:24:09 am »
Getting the room in shape and ready for paint. Allen showed up to work on an Osage bow for his Grand Daughter. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15546 on: January 22, 2018, 05:28:05 am »
Garrett showed up to work on his BL bow, looking good so far. About ready to the form and some tweaking.Deer found dead across the road from the farm, I can make use of that, nice smaller 9 point. :(  Will with 9 squirrel's from the days hunt. He won the pot with 9, 7 head shots and 2 body for a total of 41 points, Brian came in 2nd with 8, all head shots for total 40 points. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15547 on: January 22, 2018, 05:32:08 am »
Squirrels all cleaned and ready for the freezer and Will takes home the pot. $150.00, nice days work. Congrats Will. ;) :) :) It was a fun week and weekend that I really enjoyed. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15548 on: January 22, 2018, 05:45:34 am »
Nice and peaceful looking with the snow. Glad I had a chance to experience it last year.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15549 on: January 22, 2018, 06:05:41 am »
That picture of the old dodge dash brings back memories. Looks like another great weekend Pappy. It is really beautiful with a pure white snow fall covering everything. Almost hate to make tracks in it sometimes.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Online Badger

« Reply #15550 on: January 22, 2018, 06:41:38 am »
   You guys certainly know how to have fun! City folks just have no idea what they are missing out on, maybe that's a good thing, sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15551 on: January 22, 2018, 07:01:03 am »
   You guys certainly know how to have fun! City folks just have no idea what they are missing out on, maybe that's a good thing, sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Badger that really is so true. When I graduated high school I went to a electronic school in Detroit. I made some pretty good friends there and brought a few to the farm on weekends. The first thing they always asked is "what do you do for fun around here?" They all had a blast. I'll never forget the time I took one sucker fishing. We go at night with spears and Colman lantern. I bet he never forgets it either. Nothing like have suckers bouncing off your feet as you slowly walk upstream in tennis shoes and water over your hips.lol
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline GlennM

« Reply #15552 on: January 22, 2018, 07:07:11 am »
That snow sure does look pretty, just like up north!  Will sure put a hurting on those squirrels.  Nice job.  We are doing a gumbo this weekend with the ones I shot over Christmas.  Had a nice long visit with Dave and Barb yesterday afternoon.  He is going to need a knee replacement in mid February.  He expects to be good by the Classic.  Says it sucks getting old!

Have a great "Saturday"

BTW Did Woody get his syrup?

Glenn

Online Badger

« Reply #15553 on: January 22, 2018, 07:15:17 am »
      I was going on a camping trip one year when my truck broke down. I was going to take about 3 days to get the part I needed. I pulled into a roadside campground by a creek and set up my shaving horse and went to making bows. By the end of the day nearly all the men were hanging out at my campsite and some of them were now making a bow. By the end of the weekend the entire campsite had become a social group where we all knew each other. The women were hanging out and cooking together, the kids were all playing with each other. Lots of friends were made and it turned into a great weekend. City folks just are not even aware of the benefits.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #15554 on: January 22, 2018, 08:48:39 am »
Cool idea about all those squirrels.Good eating.I'm gonna pop a dozen or so for my freezer too.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed